PDA

View Full Version : Worst FFL's ever

Deadon
02-10-2012, 7:46 AM
So I sold my AR57 pistol build and agreed to meet up with the buyer in Stockton, wow what a mistake that was!
First FFL was Stockton gun exchange. The owner said that the gun was NOT legal and he would not touch the build. After trying to explain to him why it was legal he still said it wasnt.
Next we headed out to a place called outdoor sportsman. The girl behind the counter checked the gun for a BB and that the mag was locked. She then asked the owner to do the paperwork. The owner walked by and said that the gun was not legal. I asked him to tell me what made it illegal? He came back to us and said well its legal but he wasnt doing it. I asked why not? He then said because he doesnt like the law of why its legal and wont be doing it. He said that its just away to get around the law.
Now keep in mind this gun was DROSed the first time as a single shot. Now that the first time was out of the way it can now be DROSed as a pistol without the single shot sled. I didnt go into this with him because at this time I just wanted to be back in Sacramento to FFL's that KNOW the law!
We ended up finding a shop out of Sacramento that knows what they are doing.
Im so thankful that I have FFL's that know the law.

Munk
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
So I sold my AR57 pistol build and agreed to meet up with the buyer in Stockton, wow what a mistake that was!
First FFL was Stockton gun exchange. The owner said that the gun was NOT legal and he would not touch the build. After trying to explain to him why it was legal he still said it wasnt.
Next we headed out to a place called outdoor sportsman. The girl behind the counter checked the gun for a BB and that the mag was locked. She then asked the owner to do the paperwork. The owner walked by and said that the gun was not legal. I asked him to tell me what made it illegal? He came back to us and said well its legal but he wasnt doing it. I asked why not? He then said because he doesnt like the law of why its legal and wont be doing it. He said that its just away to get around the law.
Now keep in mind this gun was DROSed the first time as a single shot. Now that the first time was out of the way it can now be DROSed as a pistol without the single shot sled. I didnt go into this with him because at this time I just wanted to be back in Sacramento to FFL's that KNOW the law!

This isn't the FFL complaint forum; however, This guy commited a misdemeanor by refusing your PPT.

If they're in the business of selling guns, they have to do all longgun PPTs; if they're in the business of selling handguns, they must choose to do handgun PPTs also, or to stop selling handguns entirely if they wish to not do handgun PPTs.

mille806
02-14-2012, 1:56 PM

Sounds like a crappy expierence. nothing like a ffl dealer ignorant to gun laws

Capt_Communist
02-15-2012, 6:24 AM
This is why you should call and ask them if they will do a PPT on AR pistols.

tenpercentfirearms
02-15-2012, 6:56 AM
This isn't the FFL complaint forum; however, This guy commited a misdemeanor by refusing your PPT.

Not necessarily. Did both parties request the PPT in writing, both signed, and outlining all details of the transaction?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=117004