PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Gun Shop Deals?

pdude
02-10-2012, 1:52 AM
Where is there a place like Turner's in SoCAL to find deals on guns and ammo? um, besides going online or the single gun show at the Cow Palace. SoCAL seems to be a better place for this even though I know a lot more hunters and gun types in the boondocks up North.

onegtalon
02-10-2012, 8:24 AM
If there is one I have't figured it out yet... There is a Bass Pro Shop in Manteca but I've never been there.

bksa
02-10-2012, 8:47 AM
there isn't one =/

GrayWolf09
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Bass Pro in Manteca for general deals.

If you know what you want, contact Dave or Adam at: http://www.getbulletsandbrass.com/

beatstanfurd
02-10-2012, 3:22 PM
I would not list the cow palace gun show as a place for deals. Most prices I was quoted was either the same or more than what I could find online

greybeard
02-10-2012, 4:07 PM
Targets Master probably have the best prices for guns, but the worse service. You need to shop around for ammo or buy online.

Joe Bishop
02-10-2012, 4:14 PM
Depends what kind of deals your looking for, you want an old time gun store experience then talk to Mike at the San Jose Gun Exchange he will bargain if you do your part. Every time that I am in town I make a stop there searching for that on outstanding treasure. Just my 2 cents

pdude
02-10-2012, 6:47 PM
Good information. I'll have to check those places out as I like that many of the bigger brick and motar stores down here (LA/OC) have weekly sales and discounts. Sounds like SJ/SF area will be more sparce but still some possibilities.

blakdawg
02-10-2012, 7:11 PM
The only Bay Area gun store like that was Traders' in San Leandro, and they've been shut down for years now. I think they reopened (in Castro Valley?) but they don't seem to have the high profile (or advertised sales) that they once did.

Your other choice would be Big 5.

onegtalon
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
If you want decent prices on guns check out Eddy's Shooting Sports in Mountain View... I got some good deals there.. Small shop though so be patient...

As for ammo? Wally World, online or gun shows... Sigh..

I wish Turners would open a shop here!!

Sent from my iPhone...

capnemo
02-12-2012, 8:46 PM
If you know what you want, see if it shows up on Gen Genie. If it is in stock, order it and pick it up at Santa Cruz Armory....always the cheapest.

sdukeric
02-12-2012, 9:37 PM
Basspro shops is not cheap at all. I go there all the time for little things. As far as guns and ammo, no good deals.

alfred1222
02-15-2012, 1:52 PM
i buy ammo in bulk online. as for guns, i go to the bay area gun vault. its my local shop and ive done business there for awhile.

bksa
02-15-2012, 2:45 PM
i buy ammo in bulk online. as for guns, i go to the bay area gun vault. its my local shop and ive done business there for awhile.

gun vault has no 'deals' there