PDA

View Full Version : got my C&R and the timing couldn't be better!

cyco13
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
So Tuesday was payday, Wednesday I received my tax refund and today, Thursday, my C&R FFL finally arrived in the mail :D

I can't wait to make my first purchase, will have to be the ubiquitous Mosin Nagant...

Helpful_Cub
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Lucky. I'm still waiting on my C&R to show up.

cyco13
02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
How long have you been waiting? Turnaround was fairly quick for me. I sent my application by priority mail on Jan. 7th. My credit card was charged Jan. 19th and I received the license today, Feb. 9th so just over a month

TheExpertish
02-10-2012, 7:43 AM
Welcome to the club.

EM2
02-10-2012, 6:47 PM
Welocme to club also.
I got mine almost two years ago and it took me a few months to make my first & only purchase so far.
I have been looking around and wanting to get back into collecting.

TacticalSenior
02-10-2012, 7:18 PM
Thursday, my C&R FFL finally arrived ... I can't wait to make my first purchase, will have to be the ubiquitous Mosin Nagant...

DITTO .. mine arrived Thursday as well and a Mosin Nagant is now in my immediate future .. it was such an easy process .. the most difficult part was driving to the post office to mail it :-)

Enjoy the Mosin!

thepunisher
02-10-2012, 8:02 PM
It begins, you will soon be infected with mosinitus and they will multiply in the safe when you aren't looking.

Enjoy your new collection :cool2:

Blitzburgh
02-10-2012, 8:25 PM
It begins, you will soon be infected with mosinitus and they will multiply in the safe when you aren't looking.

Boy you aint a kiddin'! It's a disease... starts off slowly... then builds itself up until you just can't control it anymore...

91/30... I just need one right? Then an SKS... oh... well I have to have an Enfield right? Ooops... I forgot about K31's... What about.....

It will take over your life... but it sure is a LOT of fun! And having guys here that have the same disease and can answer questions and talk about all these different subjects... well... it's almost heaven :)

cyco13
02-10-2012, 9:35 PM
DITTO .. mine arrived Thursday as well and a Mosin Nagant is now in my immediate future .. it was such an easy process .. the most difficult part was driving to the post office to mail it :-)

Enjoy the Mosin!
Yup. For the price and given the benefits of it, it's a no-brainer!

Enjoy your new collection :cool2:
haha, thanks! The list in my head keeps growing. First one (or two) mosins, take the old lady shopping for a 22 pistol, k31, and then...:cool2:

morrcarr67
02-11-2012, 7:40 AM
So Tuesday was payday, Wednesday I received my tax refund and today, Thursday, my C&R FFL finally arrived in the mail :D

I can't wait to make my first purchase, will have to be the ubiquitous Mosin Nagant...

I'm happy and sorry for you. I'm glad you got your C&R and pay check but sorry to hear you gave this government an interest free loan.

Well at least you can go out and buy yourself some cool new toys. You might want to consider a road trip to Prescott, AZ. You should be able to turn it in about 14 hours. Well worth the trip.

AlabamaBound
02-11-2012, 8:18 AM
How long have you been waiting? Turnaround was fairly quick for me. I sent my application by priority mail on Jan. 7th. My credit card was charged Jan. 19th and I received the license today, Feb. 9th so just over a month

Got mine about 3 weeks back, turnaround was about a month also. Will be taking a trip to Prescott soon!:drool5:

Latigo
02-11-2012, 8:39 AM
Be sure to read the fine print on the bottom!

"To activate, the holder MUST buy a k31 before this license becomes valid"

:D

chknlyps2
02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I think for most new C&R holders Mosinitus gets them first but you can get it under control pretty quick, then when you get the Swiss Flu it gets pretty hard to shake. :)

dlkk
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Don't forger to send your ffl to places like Midway, Widerners, Brownells so you can get dealer discounts.

cyco13
02-11-2012, 8:29 PM
Don't forger to send your ffl to places like Midway, Widerners, Brownells so you can get dealer discounts.

Oh, don't worry. The office fax machine is getting a hell of a workout on Monday...

Helpful_Cub
02-13-2012, 10:17 PM

That's encouraging news. They cashed my money on Jan 25th. So maybe I'll get mine this week. I'll keep hoping.