PDA

View Full Version : 211 years after the second Amendment

radioman
02-09-2012, 5:34 PM
In the course of human history we find ourselves fighting for our civil rights, human rights that nature gave us, those rights we call God given. In this river of human events the waters move very slow, so slow that life times go by without change. The civil war ended 1n 1865, Brown v The Board of Education 1953, Dr. Kings I have a dream speech 1963, and the long hot summer of 1965.
In 1973 Homosexuality was removed from the list of mental illness, their fight moved much faster, stone wall and the riots of 1978, donít ask, donít tell 1993. Still they fight, yes in 2012 they won a court victory, but they still must wait for the fruit of that victory to ripen.

We see all too often that the water of this river will not move, not until we jump into it, not until we thrash violently about and bring the silt up from the bottom forcing the water to move. Time and time again we see that a fight must be violent before change will take place, but why?
At this point we have to ask, why is it that we have to fight so hard for our rights, when black people lived in poverty, sat on the back of the bus, could not go to good schools, that somehow was all right. A 100 years after the civil war they had to riot before the right thing was done, and even then they still had to fight.

211 years after the second Amendment, we fight for a human, God given right. A guarantied right, this right is not new to mankind, the club, the lance, the bow and the sword, all came before the gun. But to thrash in the water, to what end, would we win that fight, no, so we fight in the courts, but how many life times will it take.

And as to the victories we have won, how long will it take for that fruit to ripen, or will we see it rot on the vine, will we still be fighting this in 2111, is the gun owner no more then what the black man was 50 and many more years ago, are we seen as what the Homosexual was 40 and more years ago?

mes227
02-09-2012, 8:21 PM
You make a good case for those of us interested in 2nd A rights to embrace our brothers and sisters in defending the Constitution. Prop 8 should offend us as much as the AWB.

radioman
02-09-2012, 8:53 PM
You make a good case for those of us interested in 2nd A rights to embrace our brothers and sisters in defending the Constitution. Prop 8 should offend us as much as the AWB.

The first reply, and you get it in part. ours is a similar plight,

radioman
02-09-2012, 8:54 PM

The first reply, and you get it in part. ours is a similar plight. But we can't fight in the same manner.

hoffmang
02-10-2012, 12:10 AM
The first reply, and you get it in part. ours is a similar plight,

Yes.

Perry will help Nordyke a lot.

-Gene

yellowfin
02-10-2012, 3:49 AM
Do we anticipate much help from Millender?

radioman
02-10-2012, 3:51 PM
Someday the dam will burst in this county, I hope, I don't know if I will live that long. But in the words of Dr. King, free at last, free at last, thank God all mighty were free at last. I hope to see that day and I have been waiting for 49 years, I'm not black, I;m not gay and I'm not free, but someday we will all be free. If just one of us is not free, none of us are free.