PDA

View Full Version : Optics Planet Code?

Sugacookie
02-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Looking for a better code then 5% off. Anyone have something for 10% or more. Im looking at getting a $900 item. Thanks! :)

kaligaran
02-14-2012, 9:56 PM
FCCD080 got me $20 off a $229 order.

edit: I don't know if it's $20 off your order or 10%. Worth checking anyway :)

helpme
02-15-2012, 1:26 AM

Not to be rude at all, but judging by the math I'm going to say it's not a 10% off coupon...

htfan
02-16-2012, 9:12 AM

It look like it could have been a 10% off UP TO $20 max coupon... I just tried that coupon code a few minutes ago on a $110 order and I'm afraid it didn't work for some reason. (I was purchasing a SALE item.)

However, the "CALGUNS" 5% off code worked like a charm!!

kaligaran
02-17-2012, 11:02 PM
It look like it could have been a 10% off UP TO $20 max coupon... I just tried that coupon code a few minutes ago on a $110 order and I'm afraid it didn't work for some reason. (I was purchasing a SALE item.)

However, the "CALGUNS" 5% off code worked like a charm!!

Yeah I have a feeling it was $20 off a $200+ order. Sorry about that.

Glad you got a discount either way :)

new1911
02-20-2012, 7:34 AM
calguns still active, placed an order with OpticPlanet last night only to receive an email stating items are out of stock. this is the 3rd time OP pulled this shinnangans on me and i probably ordered from them 4x. OP starting to remind me of Botach.

Sugacookie
02-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Yup. Same thing with me and my order. They mentioned item will be back in stock in 7-14 days or 2- 3 weeks.....

calguns still active, placed an order with OpticPlanet last night only to receive an email stating items are out of stock. this is the 3rd time OP pulled this shinnangans on me and i probably ordered from them 4x. OP starting to remind me of Botach.

green338
02-20-2012, 8:11 PM
I just got this from Optics Planet:

Thank you for your order. We apologize, but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because we have just run out of stock on:

They are very popular and hard to keep around. We do expect to receive the merchandise back in stock within 3-4 weeks. We will not charge your credit card until we are able to ship the order. You will be automatically notified with your tracking number when your order ships.

green338
02-20-2012, 8:11 PM
The code has expired. I used "opiv5of" and I saved $24 yesterday. On another note;

I just got this from Optics Planet:

Thank you for your order. We apologize, but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because we have just run out of stock on:

They are very popular and hard to keep around. We do expect to receive the merchandise back in stock within 3-4 weeks. We will not charge your credit card until we are able to ship the order. You will be automatically notified with your tracking number when your order ships.

jbe90
02-22-2012, 4:27 PM
Here's $15 off on orders $150 or more

0C881F7

new1911
02-22-2012, 7:23 PM
i find it comical that optic planet became the botach of firearm/accessories a few yrs back. Actually, i cant recall when i've ordered an item and it was shipped within the time stated. Always a follow up email the next day with a delay in shipping.
Ironically, i put differences aside and tried Botach and what do you know, items shipped the next day with tracking number processed and enroute to destination. Even Amazon's a tad slower but than again, i ordered from a sponsored vendor. 2-3 days, completely do-able. 2-3 wks for OP, Not.

Sugacookie
02-22-2012, 9:05 PM
I actually agree. I also ordered a few items from Amazon. The products were also fulfilled by amazon. Im still waiting for those to ship! its been 2 days........

i find it comical that optic planet became the botach of firearm/accessories a few yrs back. Actually, i cant recall when i've ordered an item and it was shipped within the time stated. Always a follow up email the next day with a delay in shipping.
Ironically, i put differences aside and tried Botach and what do you know, items shipped the next day with tracking number processed and enroute to destination. Even Amazon's a tad slower but than again, i ordered from a sponsored vendor. 2-3 days, completely do-able. 2-3 wks for OP, Not.

OpticsPlanet
02-23-2012, 9:33 AM
We don't have the stock status on our website, and it sucks. It's something we're working on right now, but it's been quite difficult because of website doesn't update in real-time and the sheer number of items we ship everyday. But it's a priority for guys like me (in marketing) and development all the way to the president and CEO of the company.

If you call us at 800-504-5897, one of our reps can look up the stock of any item on our website for you right through our warehouse. You can then order over the phone, order online, or check on the availability of other items. Our live chat reps can check availability too. It's not something we're trying to hide from customers - it's something we just haven't gotten a working fix for yet.

Once again, really sorry for the frustration this has caused.

Alessandro M.

0331Marine
02-25-2012, 11:11 AM
^^^^Please do. I placed my first order with you and half the stuff I needed was out of stock(didnt find out until 2 days later), then the items I was going to replace them with were also out of stock. I had to cancel my order and order from another company.

drunktank
02-25-2012, 12:28 PM
We don't have the stock status on our website, and it sucks. It's something we're working on right now, but it's been quite difficult because of website doesn't update in real-time and the sheer number of items we ship everyday. But it's a priority for guys like me (in marketing) and development all the way to the president and CEO of the company.

If you call us at 800-504-5897, one of our reps can look up the stock of any item on our website for you right through our warehouse. You can then order over the phone, order online, or check on the availability of other items. Our live chat reps can check availability too. It's not something we're trying to hide from customers - it's something we just haven't gotten a working fix for yet.

Once again, really sorry for the frustration this has caused.

Alessandro M.

And this right here is why I've spent several thousand dollars through optics planet in the last several months. If only every retailer would follow the example and provide such service and response.

new1911
02-25-2012, 8:18 PM
all the damage control does no good when ultimately their business practice drives customers elsewhere (i.e. midway, ctd, etc). How can you not have an inventory controller and know what its in stock and not? There's no excuse in my mind, no matter how big you think you are. I have never had this problem with Midway, CTD, Brownells, Cabellas, etc, and dare i say, BOTACH. The ONLY time i had a problem with back ordering issue's OP. And to top it off, their website is not the easiest to navigate by far. It's like trying to find Waldo in there imo.
I got my items already after cancelling my order from OP --from a competitor ofcourse.

drunktank
02-29-2012, 8:10 AM
I see what your saying, however I check on te phone with all my orders to make sure item is in stock (I've been burned by some of the companies you've listed as far as back order). Either way glad you got your items. Sometimes it feels worse than the 10 day waiting period!

nunez122
03-03-2012, 5:59 PM
One good thing about optic planet is that if you write a review for them then you get a 10% coupon on the next purchase. I don't like how they have to approve the review though. They probably only keep on the good reviews to show customers.

watersports500
03-06-2012, 8:16 AM
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk