PDA

View Full Version : Is there a FnF "plea bargain" in the offing?

NorCal Mtn Flyer
02-09-2012, 6:10 AM
There seems to be a fair amount of consistent rumbling coming from some in the blogosphere regarding the possibility of House Speaker Boehner curtailing Rep Issa's investigation into the FnF scandal, essentially giving AG Holder and all around him a free pass.

Though none of the following links have any hard and fast sources, each seems to have some idea that a "plea bargain deal" might be in the works....

http://www.coachisright.com/john-boehner-to-halt-fast-and-furious-investigation-sell-out-to-eric-holder-and-white-house/

http://thewildernessofmirrors.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/speaker-john-boehnor-and-congressman-darryl-issa-conspire-to-betray-america/

http://themonicaperezshow.com/2012/02/08/is-the-fix-in-boehner-reportedly-halting-operation-fast-furious-investigation/

I would advise that each of these stories be taken with a grain of salt, but if they come to pass, it will be an indictment of the entire US Government!
I will be trying to contact my Rep to find out if there is any truth (hahahahahah- truth from a legislator) to any of these reports... or if he is even aware of such reports!

The War Wagon
02-09-2012, 6:18 AM
Let us execute Eric Holder for treason, and we'll ONLY sentence Der Kommissar Obamassar to "Life: breaking rocks" at Leavenworth, come late January next year. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy009.gif

If I were a Congressional Republican, that is the ONLY deal I'd be angling for. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon8.gif

JDoe
02-09-2012, 9:59 AM
A couple of days ago Boehner tweeted that no such deal is in the works.

Bobula
02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Let holder be the fall boy and Obama will just pardon him and make him CEO of solyndra 2

r3dn3ck
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
given government proclivity towards misdirection nay, outright deception, I'm betting that the tweet denying the option is in the works is as good as a look into the future showing that it's in fact the way it'll work out.

Curley Red
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Maybe Boehner was involved and he is trying to save his butt.

Wherryj
02-10-2012, 2:08 PM
Let us execute Eric Holder for treason, and we'll ONLY sentence Der Kommissar Obamassar to "Life: breaking rocks" at Leavenworth, come late January next year. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy009.gif

If I were a Congressional Republican, that is the ONLY deal I'd be angling for. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon8.gif

That isn't necessary. I vote for extradition to Mexico to face the charges that the Mexican government feels are in order...

11C ABN
02-10-2012, 2:22 PM
Extradition is something that I wouldn't have an issue with concerning this subject. Eric in a Mexican prison.....Cant you just feel the Winning shuddering through your body as Eric is lead trough the door.....

Kalderis40
02-10-2012, 2:30 PM
That isn't necessary. I vote for extradition to Mexico to face the charges that the Mexican government feels are in order...

Agreed...Let him talk his way out of that...

keneva
02-10-2012, 5:55 PM
Love it!

Extradition is something that I wouldn't have an issue with concerning this subject. Eric in a Mexican prison.....Cant you just feel the Winning shuddering through your body as Eric is lead trough the door.....

Drivedabizness
02-10-2012, 6:28 PM
To the OP:

No!

The press will move Heaven & earth to bury this thing (as they have all along).

notme92069
02-13-2012, 3:57 PM
I think it's time to write the NRA and tell them our displeasure with the speaker. He can be replaced.

Sutcliffe
02-13-2012, 4:06 PM
A couple of days ago Boehner tweeted that no such deal is in the works.

I really don't think anybody wants to see members of the ruling class punished. Not when the other side of the aisle can benefit from holding back certain info that could embarrass either side.
Nothing about Washington gives me any hope that the guilty will be punished.

m4coyotehunter
02-13-2012, 4:26 PM
Here is the dirty little secret about FNF.

The Republicans will never really go after Holder because the facts will show this whole thing started under GWB.

Republicans and Democrats both have things to hide.

InGrAM
02-13-2012, 4:46 PM
Here is the dirty little secret about FNF.

The Republicans will never really go after Holder because the facts will show this whole thing started under GWB.

Republicans and Democrats both have things to hide.

Do you have evidence backing your statement?

ojisan
02-13-2012, 5:49 PM
[QUOTE=m4coyotehunter;8031708]Here is the dirty little secret about FNF.

/[QUOTE]

F&F started under Bush?
:facepalm:
:smilielol5:

The program that Bush did had actual tracking on the guns (very few of them total) and the full knowledge, approval and involvement of the Mexican Government, with the purpose of catching criminals.

Obama's program sent THOUSANDS of guns to Mexico, without ANY tracking and without the Mexican Governments knowledge, with the purpose of depriving American citizens of their 2A rights.

You really think they are the same?

Blaming everything on Bush is so old and worn out now.

At some point in time the Obamaites will have to realize that Obama has to take responsibility for his own actions.

GrayWolf09
02-13-2012, 6:44 PM
Having a lackey fall on his sword to protect a higher up is a staple of the political process. Just ask Scooter Libby.:yes:

jwkincal
02-13-2012, 7:03 PM
Having a lackey fall on his sword to protect a higher up is a staple of the political process. Just ask Scooter Libby.:yes:

Too true... still wondering why EH hasn't yet been given the order to do so, though.

m4coyotehunter
02-13-2012, 7:40 PM
Holder, in defending himself against charges over "Fast and Furious," has also noted there was another investigation known as "Operation Wide Receiver." From 2006 to about the end of 2007, those investigators "permitted guns to be transferred to suspected gun traffickers and had not interdicted them," according to a current Justice Department official.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/17/issa-acknowledges-gun-probes-similar-not-identical-to-fast-and-furious-under/#ixzz1mK7Zz3se

If you think the above statements are the sum total of the gun running under GWB, you are deceived. The admission of this act under Bush is like Tiger Woods saying he might have had ONE affair. It is the tip of the iceberg. Ultimately, the end result is the same. Drug cartels and other bad people get guns. People get killed. The 2nd Amendment gets blamed.

There is NO significant difference between Obama and Bush. Both are corrupt. Both are evil to the core.

m4coyotehunter
02-13-2012, 7:47 PM
Just for the record, it doesn't stop at just guns.

Wells Fargo launders $378B of drug money for cartels

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mexico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

Feds launder drug money for cartels

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/world/americas/us-drug-agents-launder-profits-of-mexican-cartels.html?pagewanted=all

Feds alleged to allow drugs into the USA

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_18608410

The rabbit hole is very deep.

MindBuilder
02-13-2012, 8:02 PM
Generally it is reasonable to assume that there are a lot more secret activities going on than we find out about. But in this case, if Bush had been doing a bunch of gun running this bad, Holder would be in a possition and have a motive to find out and tell us about it all.

socal2310
02-13-2012, 8:25 PM
Generally it is reasonable to assume that there are a lot more secret activities going on than we find out about. But in this case, if Bush had been doing a bunch of gun running this bad, Holder would be in a possition and have a motive to find out and tell us about it all.

Seriously, why is Holder pointing to the abandoned Bush era program if there were more damning evidence available?

Ryan

m4coyotehunter
02-14-2012, 6:40 AM
Socal, Holder is pointing to this program to basically tell Issa to back off. If Issa presses too hard, Holder will spill the beans on the Republicans.

Both sides are corrupt. There is no difference between GWB and Obama. You have to look at what they DO, not what they SAY.

Both expanded medical entitlements
Both signed the patriot act bills
Both spy on US citizens
Both bailed out the bankers
Both start and expand illegal wars
Both do not respect the 2nd amendment
Both torture
Both want the TSA to violate your 4th amendment
Both are owned by the same people

Presidents are puppets meant to make you feel like you have a choice when you vote so you go along with the program.

MindBuilder
02-14-2012, 11:09 AM
m4coyotehunter wrote:
Holder is pointing to this program to basically tell Issa to back off. If Issa presses too hard, Holder will spill the beans on the Republicans.
If Holder has such dirt, it seems much more likely he would have told Issa to back off a lot sooner.

Both sides are corrupt. There is no difference between GWB and Obama. You have to look at what they DO, not what they SAY.

Both expanded medical entitlements
Both signed the patriot act bills
Both spy on US citizens
Both bailed out the bankers
Both start and expand illegal wars
Both do not respect the 2nd amendment
Both torture
Both want the TSA to violate your 4th amendment
Both are owned by the same people

You've listed a lot of ways that both parties are similar, but both parties have to appeal to the swing voters, so they have to share the core beliefs of the American swing voter. Humans in every country have a tremendous amount of commonality in the way we believe government should be run. Most of what we share is so much taken for granted that we hardly even think about it. While I agree with you strongly on most of the items on your list, a lot of people honestly, if foolishly, disagree with you and me about what is the right thing regarding those issues.

The only thing on that list that significantly suggests puppetry is possibly the bank bailout, and even there, I think there are plenty of people who honestly believe the economy would have been much worse if the banks hadn't been propped up. Even if we would have been better off if the economy had been allowed to crash worse and recover to a stronger state, it would not have gotten better until long after the current politicians in power had been kicked out. No conspiracy is needed to explain the politician's survival instinct decision - minimize the short term damage in order to hold on to office regardless of long term damage or unfairness.

Several items on your list are about privacy. But many people basically believe that if you're not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't mind being searched occasionally. I think that is their honest belief. Whether that is a wise belief is a separate question.

m4coyotehunter
02-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Mindbuilder, I would suggest to you that the opinion of the American voter is just about last on their list of priorities. Sure, they SAY things that voters wants to hear. For example, Obama said he would be transparent, stop the war, end the bailouts ect...

What they DO is the key. And, WHO they do it for is the key. Here is a partial list of who controls the politicians we think work for us:

Banking interests - foreign and domestic
Corporations -foreign and domestic
Military Industrial Complex
Foreign governments
Special interest groups and lobbyists
Government bureaucracy
Unions

The list goes on from here. Sure, they will tell the voters what they want to hear. But, they work interests other than our own.

Politicians should be required to wear patches like Nascar drivers showing who owns them.

Gray Peterson
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
They must have gotten photos of him with a woman other than his wife.....

bwiese
02-14-2012, 1:21 PM
Quite a few misconceptions above. To correct them:

Not to praise Bush, but the relevant Bush-era operation was far smaller and localized and "not driven from above".
It was a sincere effort to try to track things - in fact some ATF agents were trying to install GPS devices within
guns 'walked' to actually try to maintain continuity of tracking, position, etc.

Because of their lack of engineering background, etc. this did not work out. The fact they couldn't get engineering
lab support or budget for doing this properly, with proper devices, reflects on the fact it was a lower-level localized
effort based on enforcement and not really about politics.

The FnF efforts were Directed From Above and were at a far larger scale. The fact that tracking was specifically AVOIDED,
plus we know that this was coordinated with proposed ATF regulatory actions to be used as "supporting backup reasons"
all put a completely different tenor on this.

A future Reep administration could use various New Legal Provisions Everyone's Complained About (Patriot Act etc) to directly
remove & extradite the future former AG Eric Holder to Mexico.

[You might wanna read what JFK did to Lousiana mafiosi Carlos Marcello and how he suddenly woke up one day in Mexico.]

Vetteodyssey
02-14-2012, 1:36 PM

This is what I don't understand. I haven't heard a peep out of Mexico. I would think they would have gotten furious pretty fast...

jwkincal
02-14-2012, 1:42 PM
This is what I don't understand. I haven't heard a peep out of Mexico. I would think they would have gotten furious pretty fast...

I googled "mexican newspapers," picked one from the top (reforma.com) and visited the site. Put "Eric Holder" in the search field and got more than 10 pages of results, 10 to a page.

This particular outlet wanted registration to see the articles but the headlines were not friendly :)

I guess it matters where you get your news...