PDA

View Full Version : Can an on-list pistol be purchased from out of state dealer?

Bobby Hated
02-08-2012, 7:44 PM
i saw a pistol online thats on the list for cheaper than my local gun store sells it for. can i order it from them and have it sent to a local FFL?

thanks

Librarian
02-08-2012, 8:06 PM
i saw a pistol online thats on the list for cheaper than my local gun store sells it for. can i order it from them and have it sent to a local FFL?

thanks

Yes.

It'll probably be an interstate transfer, though - see what your local FFL will charge for that before you order.

tenpercentfirearms
02-08-2012, 8:53 PM
Since I am the local FFL you are undercutting, no you cannot do that. You will go straight to prison. In fact, it is illegal to even think about doing that. The police are on their way.

If you don't want biased FUD answers, ask in the general firearms discussion where the guys you're cutting out won't give you your answers. :p

Also like Librarian said, double check what your local FFL will do transfers for or if they will even do it. Most dealers will purposely market transfers so high that it isn't worth it. Plus sometimes even cheaper transfer guys like me at $50 end up costing you more with the $50 transfer than if you had checked at your local FFL. Don't forget shipping too.

Bobby Hated
02-09-2012, 2:32 AM
great. im friends with some FFL's so im not worried. i would have just called one of them to ask but i rather bother all of you. ha ha.

thanks guys!

:smartass:

rromeo
02-09-2012, 4:39 AM
Since this is CalGuns, the correct answer is NO. You may not purchase any listed guns, in or out of state.

easyPZ
02-10-2012, 4:03 PM
Too funny

Paperchasin
02-10-2012, 4:29 PM
I am in a similar situation. Spoke to the local FFL and gave him a chance to pricematch and he was willing to do it.

Bobby Hated
02-10-2012, 5:51 PM
ya ammo bros ended up matching the price i found on buds. kudos to ammo bros!

one TRP coming my way in a month and 10 days... make that a month and 9 days.