PDA

View Full Version : rifle transfer fee!!!

encbrandon
02-08-2012, 3:00 PM
hello guys
im(seller) trying to transfer my rifle to san francisco(buyer)
anyone knows where is cheap FFL place around fullerton orange county?
or norwalk?

please help me out

thank you!

tenpercentfirearms
02-08-2012, 6:33 PM
You do understand you can ship the rifle directly to the San Francisco dealer correct? There is absolutely no need for you to pay a local dealer to ship the long gun.

If the buyer insists on using a dealer who does not understand this is legal and demands that it be sent from a dealer, then simply inform the buyer that you have no control over that and you will ship it from the dealer most convenient for you and he will either pay the extra amount in full up front or no deal.

encbrandon
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
thank you very much tenpercent~

hemiguy55
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
You do understand you can ship the rifle directly to the San Francisco dealer correct? There is absolutely no need for you to pay a local dealer to ship the long gun.

If the buyer insists on using a dealer who does not understand this is legal and demands that it be sent from a dealer, then simply inform the buyer that you have no control over that and you will ship it from the dealer most convenient for you and he will either pay the extra amount in full up front or no deal.

i asked my ffl dealer today what forms he would need to send the rifle himself. they said he cant ship the rifle by himself. he has to go through a FFL. they said its illegal in evry state to send a rifle by yourself.

halifax
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
i asked my ffl dealer today what forms he would need to send the rifle himself. they said he cant ship the rifle by himself. he has to go through a FFL. they said its illegal in evry state to send a rifle by yourself.

Then he should have no problem providing you with the text of the law. :facepalm:

Then again, he might since it doesn't exist.

paul0660
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Hand it to the frigging USPS counter person........in an addressed box. No form needed. It DOES have to go to a FFL 01 UNLESS it is a 50 year old C&R, and then it could go direct to a non prohibited person.

hemiguy55
02-15-2012, 1:31 PM
Then he should have no problem providing you with the text of the law. :facepalm:

Then again, he might since it doesn't exist.

where can i show him some sort of legal documentation saying it is or isnt ok to send? i personally dont wana go in there are start a debate all based on so-and-so said this. lol

hemiguy55
02-15-2012, 1:39 PM
ok never mind. i must have talked to an idiot the first time cuz i called again and they new what was going on.

halifax
02-15-2012, 1:43 PM
Generally, laws don't say what's legal, they say what is illegal. Proving a negative (e.g., it's not illegal to ship a firearm without using an FFL) is difficult at best.

Don't debate with him, ignore him or ask for the cite to a law that says what he claims.

ADDED: Just saw your last post

hemiguy55
02-15-2012, 2:42 PM
right on guys!

GoingQuiet
02-15-2012, 8:32 PM

You need to find a dealer that isn't stupid.

Cokebottle
02-15-2012, 8:35 PM
where can i show him some sort of legal documentation saying it is or isnt ok to send? i personally dont wana go in there are start a debate all based on so-and-so said this. lol
That's the problem with gun shops.

If something is not indicated as being illegal, then it is by default, LEGAL.

It's up to him to show you the law that says that it's illegal... you can not show him a law that says that it's legal, for the same reason that you can't show him a law that says that it's legal to walk and chew gum at the same time.

tenpercentfirearms
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-usps