PDA

View Full Version : MSA Supreme Pro X Ear Muffs with Gel..for $200

Sillyguy
02-08-2012, 2:47 PM
http://www.botachtactical.com/msasosuproxe.html

I am not a fan of Botach at all, but if you guys can get these from them..that is a KILLER deal.

This is over $100 less than our group buy last year!!!!

However, deal with Botach at your own risk!

mikeinla
02-08-2012, 3:06 PM
How do these compare to Pro Ears???

Sillyguy
02-08-2012, 3:06 PM
IMO, MSA's are the best. :)

johnclark
02-08-2012, 3:10 PM
Thanks guys....awesome deal

http://nanojpg.com/img/C/R.gif http://nanojpg.com/img/h/R.gif

markgrubb
02-08-2012, 5:24 PM
If what TCI says is true, you should buy soon......

From TCI (TacticalCommandStore.com):

PLEASE NOTE: Despite our protest, MSA Sordin AB has elected to make drastic internal and operational changes to all Pro-X hearing protectors. We have conducted extensive evaluation of the upcoming version of the Pro-X series and have determined it did not meet the performance standards we think you, the customer, deserves. As a result, TCI will be discontinuing the DEHP Pro-X as it will not be built to our performance standards.

Once the current inventory of our DEHP Pro-X is depleted, this product will be discontinued. We are very sorry about this unfortunate situation, but it is simply the result of a vendor not providing TCI with a product that we feel you deserve. We have found the hearing protection system performance to be inferior to our current model and the reduction from 600 hours of battery life to only 200 hours to be unacceptable. These changes will affect ALL Pro-X hearing protectors no matter whether they come from MSA or other vendor.

If you prefer to deal with a vendor that experiences far more positive feedback that Botach, try these folks. They sell their own version produced for them by Sordin for 257.00 including gels.

bender152
02-09-2012, 8:33 AM
I've never had any ordering issues with Botach, but I did stop buying from them about 3 years ago due to their horrible reputation.

A few months ago, I started placing small orders with them again and they all arrived without issue. (However, on one order, it took them a week to ship it out.)

With that being said, I placed an order for these MSA's last night and I've already received my shipping notification and tracking number.

Thanks for the heads up.

helpme
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I placed an order for these MSA's last night and I've already received my shipping notification and tracking number.

Botach seems like a decent company so far...

tonyxcom
02-09-2012, 10:46 AM
I finally caved in and bought these (after 3 emails). I've got a dozen trouble free orders from Botach in the last 8 or 9 months so I am not worried. Just hope I got them before they sold out. Already own some ComTacs and Impact Sports so wanna see what the fuss is about.

ArkinDomino
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I hope I made it before they sell out too...

tonyxcom
02-09-2012, 1:11 PM
Just got my tracking number. Good luck Arkin!

stevie
02-09-2012, 2:33 PM
WOW!! Got a shipping notice 1.5 hours after ordering...

MacJedi
02-09-2012, 3:37 PM
Thanks for the post. Ordered one last night and got a tracking #. Yeah!

ArkinDomino
02-09-2012, 3:59 PM
Got my tracking too. Awesome.

Sillyguy
02-09-2012, 4:03 PM
A buddy of mine was at Botach and picked up a set for me. They are in own packaging and there are no stickers on them that designate that they are msa sordins.

stevie
02-09-2012, 4:05 PM
Not to be much of a bother.. but they were not advertised as Sordins... So probably not warrenteed by them...

Sillyguy
02-09-2012, 4:10 PM
Well there is a big sticker on the box saying 5 year warranty.

Sillyguy
02-09-2012, 4:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4df35-6f3d-f45e.jpg

stevie
02-09-2012, 4:51 PM
Great, better yet

tonyxcom
02-09-2012, 5:51 PM
Thats because they are MSA's (US importer something). If they were just Sordins you would have to send them to Europe for warranty work.

ArkinDomino
02-09-2012, 5:52 PM
Didn't MSA buy sordin?

tonyxcom
02-09-2012, 6:29 PM
hmmm,, maybe they did. Dont remember how old the post was where some guy was saying MSA couldnt work on his Sordins and that we would have to send them overseas.

t0kie
02-10-2012, 5:51 PM
I got the USPS Delivery Conf. # since yesterday, but until now (as I write this) it is still say "There is no record of this item" means that they haven't shipped it. Anyone else on the same boat?

stevie
02-10-2012, 5:56 PM
Mine arrived today, ordered yesterday afternoon

t0kie
02-10-2012, 6:09 PM

Via USPS also?

TKM
02-10-2012, 6:30 PM
NRR = 18

MSA foam ear plugs are good for 31. ?????

ArkinDomino
02-10-2012, 6:45 PM

WTF?

I ordered in the morning...

t0kie
02-10-2012, 7:53 PM
Never mind, it's all good now. I see progress from USPS, looks like it'll be here on Monday :)

stevie
02-11-2012, 3:47 AM
Via USPS also?

Mine came UPS...

ArkinDomino
02-11-2012, 8:42 AM
Mine came UPS...

LoL

They like you.

t0kie
02-11-2012, 9:44 AM
Nice, can't wait to see mine!

Btw, can you remove the woodland camo, or is it non detachable? (I kinda like it OD/black instead of OD with woodland).

t0kie
02-11-2012, 9:54 AM
It's removable velcro...

Great, once you remove it, can we wear it like that, or it comes with black color too?

stevie
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/HK45GUY/DSC07659.jpghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/HK45GUY/DSC07660.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/HK45GUY/DSC07663-1.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/HK45GUY/DSC07662.jpg

Mine came in a plain white box with same sticker.. The headset does not have the MSA on the side... hmmm

ArkinDomino
02-11-2012, 4:01 PM
Mine came in and I am disappointed to say the least...

No logos on either side and they look a little roughed up. They almost seem bootleg. :(

jasa32
02-11-2012, 4:22 PM
Hey all I have a pair for sale 200 text me for photos 760-715-9022

t0kie
02-12-2012, 1:44 PM
Hm, so Botach has 2 kind of this, one with MSA & one without which is most likely came from Europe. I hope if we get the one with no MSA on it still cover by the US warranty. I should see mine tomorrow...

t0kie
02-13-2012, 2:24 PM
Mine just came. It came in a white box & no "MSA Sordin" on the headset.

Anyone wants to trade with the black/neckband version?

helpme
02-13-2012, 5:54 PM
Anybody else having issues with the battery fit? I had to depress the first(bottom) battery very lightly with a pencil to get it sitting correctly, now it's not wanting to pop out... This will most definitely be an issue when it comes time to replace the batteries so I'm debating what route to take with this situation.

Please chime in...

stevie
02-13-2012, 6:22 PM
Anybody else having issues with the battery fit? I had to depress the first(bottom) battery very lightly with a pencil to get it sitting correctly, now it's not wanting to pop out... This will most definitely be an issue when it comes time to replace the batteries so I'm debating what route to take with this situation.

Please chime in...

Yeah mine went in the same way. I hit the headset on my palm to release the battery.

Diabolus
02-13-2012, 6:24 PM

Please chime in...

Did you use lithium batteries by any chance?

helpme
02-13-2012, 6:37 PM
Did you use lithium batteries by any chance?

No sir. Standard AAA's that were shipped with the product.

I think something similar to a dental tool or even just a bent paperclip would be suitable to remove the battery when the time comes. I most likely won't even attempt removal until the 600 hour(appx.) battery life is depleted...

I've learned the hard way in the past not to tinker with guns/gun related items until you must!:oji:

ArkinDomino
02-13-2012, 6:57 PM
Anybody else get a real messed up pair? Mine seem used with scuffs and the white box they came in was already torn and smashed up (but the brown cardboard box it was shipped it was NOT beat up). Sigh...

I really wanted to give Botach a chance too. I already called and complained and I am awaiting their return label to arrive via email.

t0kie
02-13-2012, 7:09 PM
I sold mine less than an hour after I got it in another forum.

To me, looks weird without the "MSA Sordin" on it, and the gel insert looks different than the pictures on the ad.

Here was mine:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/t0kie/DSCN7421.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/t0kie/DSCN7422.jpg

I may buy the neckband version, because it's black on black & looks better in my opinion. Anyone got the neckband & like it?

bender152
02-13-2012, 8:54 PM
I also received a plain white box with no MSA sticker on the unit. While I admit that they look odd missing the sticker, my main concern is that they're legit and that they will be warrantied by MSA.

I'll be shooting MSA an email and if they confirm that these are good to go, I'll be keeping mine. I couldn't care less about other people knowing what model they were.

Sillyguy
02-14-2012, 12:51 AM
i actually have the behind the neck version..and i ordered this version.

in my opinion.....after seeing the on the head version.....i am glad i got hte behind the head ones.

the on the head band seems very plasticy and can break easily. the behind the head ones is metal nad extremely durable.

that being said...anyone wanna buy the over the head ones from me? ahhaah

gunsmithcats
02-14-2012, 7:41 AM
Just a headsup,
Botach buys a lot of surplus equipment from entities that are outside the united states. Its how thye got those aimpoint magnifiers for so cheap a while back (bought from some middle eastern country?)
I'm pretty sure the same thing occured with these sordins, the question is whether the American warranty will apply to these units, since they were technically purchased outside of the united states.

MacJedi
02-14-2012, 9:05 AM
My pair came in and it's the same as some of you, WITHOUT the label/logo. It looks really naked without it. BTW, I got the OD headband version. I'm most likely gonna return it.

Ub3rDorK
02-14-2012, 9:30 AM
man reading this thread validated my reasoning to never deal with that company. I almost jumped on these...id rather pay the extra $50 and get them from a real dealer.

bender152
02-14-2012, 1:12 PM
MSA just confirmed that these are legit and that they will honor the warranty.

I sent them an email last night and included a picture of the box, earmuffs, and the location purchased.

Below is the email response I received.
Yes, these are a valid MSA product, and warranty will be honored. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

stevie
02-14-2012, 1:47 PM
Great, thanks for checking

tonyxcom
02-14-2012, 2:05 PM
I bet they will send you some inserts to go in the logo recess too :)

I haven't gotten mine yet. I had them delivered to my brothers house (I was visiting over the weekend) and USPS detoured them so they didn't arrive when I was there.

t0kie
02-14-2012, 4:07 PM
Thanks for the effort bender152. Now I can buy the neckband version without worried.

jessegpresley
02-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Nrr18 sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ArkinDomino
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Nrr18 sucks.

You said that in the last thread bro. I guess you're just dying to constantly remind us of your immensely valuable opinion. Cool story bro.

discoed
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM

I sent them an email last night and included a picture of the box, earmuffs, and the location purchased.

Thanks for the follow up. Ill be keeping mine.

tonyxcom
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Nrr18 sucks.

Galaxy Nexus sucks.

tube snake boogie
02-17-2012, 5:22 PM
so what is the consensus on these muffs and Botach?

1) are the muffs legit MSA product?
2) are they covered by a legit (non-Botach) warranty?
3) why no label on the side of the earpads?
4) is there a serial no. to confirm they are legit?

thanks, please offer your opinions!

t0kie
02-17-2012, 7:53 PM
It's good to go as stated before:

Whitesmoke
02-18-2012, 6:19 PM
Has anyone ordered the behind the neck version of these from botac? Did they have the logo's? Could you wear a boone cap while wearing the behind the head version?

johnb831
02-20-2012, 8:53 AM
Just received 2 of these from them.. Both arrived in manufactures retail boxes and the headsets are black with the MSA labels. Problem is both didnt include the gel ear pads. Waiting for customer service to call me back.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/johnb831/IMG_20120220_095150.jpg

ArkinDomino
02-20-2012, 8:57 PM
I just received my "replacement" set and they're just as bad as the first set I got. Looks like I'll be returning these too. I wonder why some are getting decent sets with logos and retail boxes though.

tonyxcom
02-21-2012, 8:54 AM
Seriously. Especially getting the black cups that aren't even selectable on the website. Are you close enough to go and hand pick your set?

t0kie
02-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Seriously. Especially getting the black cups that aren't even selectable on the website. Are you close enough to go and hand pick your set?

In the beginning they only listed Green/camo, but now they changed to black/camo.

ArkinDomino
02-22-2012, 3:13 PM
After going back and forth with customer service, I opted to return them. I don't understand how some people are getting retail store grade stuff while others and I got what appear to be sterile refurbs.

JOHNNYRAMBO
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Here is a copy of the response letter from MSA.

(Calegalmags is not affiliated in any way with Botach, we contacted MSA MIL direct to ensure the item we purchased for our personal protection was authentic. And we are sharing this so that others can get answers also)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/JohnnyRambo10/msareplyletter.jpg

uscmCorps
03-22-2012, 3:43 AM
Personally, I'm a little disappointed by my set I got from Botach. A couple years prior I ordered a set from SRSTactical. I've used those at every class since. I ordered the Sordins (Supreme Pro-X, OD, Headband) from Botach as a back up in case my regularly used ones should one day kick the bucket. Like many of you, mine didn't come with stickers. Which I can live with. What I'm not so crazy about is the audio quality. It doesn't seem to be quite as clear (perhaps more static) and the audio levels from left cup to right cup don't match. Both of which I'm sure would drive me nuts after a full day of class shooting.

Based on John's letter from MSA, my gut tells me these were intended for TCI (who use their own stickers) and rejected by TCI for the sub-standard quality the current models have compared to past production versions.

Kinda bummed too by the fact that I told a lot of friends to jump on this deal. They're happy, mostly because as-is these are still an improvement over what they used prior. I just don't have the heart to tell them how lacking they are compared to the older versions. :(

Any thoughts, or updated opinions from other buyers since this deal is over a month old now? These will do in a pinch, but replace my older ones they do not.

ArkinDomino
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Personally, I'm a little disappointed by my set I got from Botach. A couple years prior I ordered a set from SRSTactical. I've used those at every class since. I ordered the Sordins (Supreme Pro-X, OD, Headband) from Botach as a back up in case my regularly used ones should one day kick the bucket. Like many of you, mine didn't come with stickers. Which I can live with. What I'm not so crazy about is the audio quality. It doesn't seem to be quite as clear (perhaps more static) and the audio levels from left cup to right cup don't match. Both of which I'm sure would drive me nuts after a full day of class shooting.

Based on John's letter from MSA, my gut tells me these were intended for TCI (who use their own stickers) and rejected by TCI for the sub-standard quality the current models have compared to past production versions.

Kinda bummed too by the fact that I told a lot of friends to jump on this deal. They're happy, mostly because as-is these are still an improvement over what they used prior. I just don't have the heart to tell them how lacking they are compared to the older versions. :(

Any thoughts, or updated opinions from other buyers since this deal is over a month old now? These will do in a pinch, but replace my older ones they do not.

I am a little disappointed by the fact that Botach handled my case very poorly but ultimately, I did keep a pair. I compared them to my other MSAs (black edition) and they seem to perform the same.