PDA

View Full Version : Who for the New 76 Assy. Dist. SD County

Kyle1886
02-08-2012, 1:17 PM
Martin Garrick, a Second Amendment supporter, will be terming out and the newly created 76th state Assembly District has been created for North San Diego County. The new District stretches from Encinitas to Dana Point in Orange County and includes Carlsbad, Oceanside, Vista, and I think Fallbrook. (Much of this area was Mr. Garrick's 74th District.)

There are three persons running for Mr. Garrick's seat in the Assembly, Rocky Chavez, Farrah Douglas, and Sherry Hodges. I have written each asking their stance on certain issues, including the Second Amendment. I have yet to receive any replies.

I only know what I have read about these individuals and have no first hand experience with any of them. If any of you have information, pro or con, I'd be interested in your opinion of these candidates.

Thank you

Respectfully
Kyle

bwiese
02-08-2012, 3:09 PM
Gimme a week or so and I'll talk to some Righteous People.

Ping me if I forget.

Kyle1886
02-08-2012, 3:20 PM
Thanks, I did get a email back from F. Douglas. Seems she is more interested in schools, jobs, etc. She stated that she was for indvidule freedom and constitutional rights---very brief response. Her email below:
---
Hi ,
Thank you for your email. I support individual freedom and liberty and will not vote to take people's constitutional right away from them.

My focus is on bringing jobs back to CA, solving budget deficit and helping our education system by giving more autonomy to our local schools to fire under-performing teacher, hire best teachers, choose how they will spend their funds and changing school curriculum to educate our workforce to compete in a global job market.

Thank you for your interest and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Farrah

Hon. Farrah Douglas
Candidate for State Assembly
www.farrahdouglas.com
--------------------
Kyle

Kyle1886
02-08-2012, 3:20 PM
Double post

RazzB7
02-08-2012, 3:29 PM
Martin Garrick used to be a customer of mine. I don't hold that man in high regard. His stance on 2nd Amendment issues notwithstanding. Rocky Chavez is a USMC veteran IIRC.

NoJoke
02-08-2012, 4:34 PM
I'm on Oceanside and I'd like to know some details as well.

hammerhead_77
02-09-2012, 12:11 PM
watching from fallbrook...

Kyle1886
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
...and an email from the R. Chavez camp on a SA question:
----
Thank you very much for taking your time to contact Mr. Rocky Chavez through the Rocky Chavez for State Assembly web page.
Rocky appreciates your interest in his campaign and welcomes your questions.

Regarding your inquiry, let me re-assure you that Rocky is not only a Member of the NRA, but also a life-long supporter of the 2nd Amendment, so with Col. Chavez in the State Assembly in Sacramento your 2nd Amendment Rights will be well protected and strongly defended.

Again, thank you for the inquiry and for visiting the Rocky Chavez for State Assembly web site.
Do continue following Rocky's campaign also on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for updates or for an exciting opportunity to volunteer on Rocky's campaign!
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Marketa Houskova-Corona, MAIA, RN, BA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM ROCKY
Campaign Administrator

Elect Rocky Chavez 2012!

Candidate, 76th AD
California State Assembly

http://www.electrockychavez.com/index.php

Pixs
02-10-2012, 7:45 AM
...and an email from the R. Chavez camp on a SA question:
----
Thank you very much for taking your time to contact Mr. Rocky Chavez through the Rocky Chavez for State Assembly web page.
Rocky appreciates your interest in his campaign and welcomes your questions.

Regarding your inquiry, let me re-assure you that Rocky is not only a Member of the NRA, but also a life-long supporter of the 2nd Amendment, so with Col. Chavez in the State Assembly in Sacramento your 2nd Amendment Rights will be well protected and strongly defended.

Again, thank you for the inquiry and for visiting the Rocky Chavez for State Assembly web site.
Do continue following Rocky's campaign also on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for updates or for an exciting opportunity to volunteer on Rocky's campaign!
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Marketa Houskova-Corona, MAIA, RN, BA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM ROCKY
Campaign Administrator

Elect Rocky Chavez 2012!

Candidate, 76th AD
California State Assembly

http://www.electrockychavez.com/index.php

That looks like a strong sign of support!

hammerhead_77
02-10-2012, 7:46 AM
Sounds like this could be our guy... I'll have to get in touch with the campaign.

Kyle1886
02-12-2012, 3:01 PM
Candidates Chavez and Douglas have gotten back to me on other questions/issues non-2A related but nary a word from Hodges or her camp. Of course it's only been four days so I won't make any hasty prejudices.

If anyone knows or hears anything valid that is pertinent to the candidates I'd be interested.

Respectfully
Kyle

Bigtime1
02-13-2012, 1:31 PM
Rocky was a bit of a bull in a china closet while on the Oceanside City Council. But he put some sweat into trying to get the right thing with charter schools and some other alternative solutions to the status quo.

From what I've seen and read Douglas goes which way the wind blows. Don't know Hodges. Douglas has the most money and local political endorsements so far.

Kyle1886
02-13-2012, 3:32 PM
Thanks for the input Bigtime. Having lived in Vista since 1960 I try to keep abreast of the local TriCity politicos. Yeah, I read in local paper (NCT) that Rocky rocked some boats at times. I know nothing of Hodges either other than I think she was an aide to Garrick but he doesn't endorse her. Makes one wonder??

Respectfully
Kyle