PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Gun

emmzel
02-08-2012, 1:13 AM
Hi There,

I just had a couple of questions.

I just sent in my firearm to Heckler and Koch that I purchased from Turners for a warranty repair and discovered that they have to send me a replacement with a new serial number.

I know that when it comes to firearm replacements, the gun company is required to send it a licensed FFL.

And in this case, I choose Turners.

What are the costs associated with proceeding with this replacement?

Will Turners charge me a transfer fee, ffl fee, or the dros fee?

Will Turners tell me that I would have to pay sales tax on top of the value of the gun (even though I did not pay a single penny for the replacement of the firearm), in addition to a possible transfer fee, ffl fee, and dros fee.

Living in CA, it feels like if the gun breaks, might as well get a new one because the cost of all these possible fees out weight the cost of a totally new gun.

Can someone please assist me?

TheHammerOfTruth
02-08-2012, 6:55 AM
My friend had the same thiing happen with his Ruger, He had to pay a bew DROS fee but that was it.

emmzel
02-08-2012, 7:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering because I'm getting different answers to this question from no dros, to a $40 transfer with the $30 dros fee.

r3dn3ck
02-08-2012, 7:20 AM
send a letter to H&K letting them know that their poor QC resulted in additional costs to you for repair of a new firearm that you think they should pick up given that they're a premium brand known for unflinching quality and military preferment.

emmzel
02-08-2012, 8:39 AM
Cool cool thanks for the advice. Is there anyone from Turners on here that can help answer my questions?

AragornElessar86
02-08-2012, 8:58 AM
send a letter to H&K letting them know that their poor QC resulted in additional costs to you for repair of a new firearm that you think they should pick up given that they're a premium brand known for unflinching quality and military preferment.

QFT

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-08-2012, 9:10 AM
Hi There,

I just had a couple of questions.

I just sent in my firearm to Heckler and Koch that I purchased from Turners for a warranty repair and discovered that they have to send me a replacement with a new serial number.

I know that when it comes to firearm replacements, the gun company is required to send it a licensed FFL.

And in this case, I choose Turners.

What are the costs associated with proceeding with this replacement?

Will Turners charge me a transfer fee, ffl fee, or the dros fee?

Will Turners tell me that I would have to pay sales tax on top of the value of the gun (even though I did not pay a single penny for the replacement of the firearm), in addition to a possible transfer fee, ffl fee, and dros fee.

Living in CA, it feels like if the gun breaks, might as well get a new one because the cost of all these possible fees out weight the cost of a totally new gun.

Can someone please assist me?

We will not charge a transfer/FFL fee for a replacement firearm when the original firearm was purchased from us. There is no sales tax liability on the replacement gun. And if the gun was DOA from the onset, we'll take care of the new DROS fees.

emmzel
02-09-2012, 8:32 AM
Thanks Turners,

And what do I need to proceed with this? And make sure I only get charged the DROS fee?

Do I need to talk to a manager at Turners? Does everyone gun person at Turners know this policy?

Or can I just bring a copy of this forum with me to show proof?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-09-2012, 9:09 AM
Thanks Turners,

And what do I need to proceed with this? And make sure I only get charged the DROS fee?

Do I need to talk to a manager at Turners? Does everyone gun person at Turners know this policy?

Or can I just bring a copy of this forum with me to show proof?

PM sent.