PDA

View Full Version : Buyer prohibited. Firearm disposition?

EBR Works
02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
We had a handgun come in a several months ago from Buds. Buyer was rejected as prohibited due to bipolar disorder. He stated that he would be in touch after he talked to an attorney. To date he has not returned my calls. Normally our policy is that firearms left over 30 days without prior arrangements will incur storage fees and be sold when fees equal the value of the firearm. What is correct procedure for disposition of the firearm in this scenario?

tenpercentfirearms
02-08-2012, 6:03 AM
Your policy. I do believe CA business code or something like that requires you to notify the customer via registered mail one final time.

efillc
02-08-2012, 6:59 AM
What's your normal policy when a buyer is denied?

We give buyers two options: either arrange to have us return the gun to the seller and pay our shipping and transfer fees, or we will consign it.

EBR Works
02-08-2012, 7:17 AM
What's your normal policy when a buyer is denied?

We give buyers two options: either arrange to have us return the gun to the seller and pay our shipping and transfer fees, or we will consign it.

A good way to handle it, assuming the buyer returns calls. We'll send him a registered letter and see what happens.

OCArmory
02-09-2012, 7:13 PM
I have a gun that has been here for three years. Still haven't figured out what to do with it.
Mike

kemasa
02-10-2012, 9:19 AM
I have to wonder about the requirements to inform the potential buyer about getting rid of the firearm. Since it has not been transferred, it is not their property. It is not like they brought in their property to be worked on. Legally, they don't actually own it. if it is a PPT, it is clear what the FFL has to do.

If you went to a store and did a special order and paid for it, but never picked it up, I doubt that they would be required to contact you in order to get rid of the items.

This is the reason for having a policy regarding storage fees and abandon firearms.

AJAX22
02-10-2012, 9:30 AM
I have a gun that has been here for three years. Still haven't figured out what to do with it.
Mike

I'll buy it for 1$ and it can be my problem :D