PDA

View Full Version : Arizona CCW came in today

Bert Gamble
02-07-2012, 9:52 PM
Already got Florida and Nevada. Now I am just waiting for Utah.

I will be driving up through Oregon, Washington and Idaho in the spring and will make applications in those states.

Here's hoping that CGF will come through and I will have my California CCW to go along with the others.

Teacher Sp Ed
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
How long did it take to receive it? I mailed mine in on January 3rd. Have Utah and Florida. Will be in Oregon later this summer.

Bert Gamble
02-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I sent off Arizona at the end of December. Sent Utah, Florida and Nevada about 2 weeks earlier, so Utah is lagging a bit.

hammerhead_77
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Am I out of date on the reciprocity map? I thought Utah took care of AZ?

Note to delay flaming: I have not carried in AZ in the last year, and I know to check before I go...

hvengel
02-08-2012, 1:03 PM
Am I out of date on the reciprocity map? I thought Utah took care of AZ?

Note to delay flaming: I have not carried in AZ in the last year, and I know to check before I go...

The US Constitution takes care of AZ. No license needed. The main reason to get an AZ CCW is for reciprocity with other states.

Decoligny
02-08-2012, 1:41 PM
If you can get a CA LTC, then the AZ CCW adds 17 states to your ability to carry.

If you have the CA and AZ, the FL only adds FL to the mix.

If you have the CA, AZ, and FL, the UT only adds MN to the mix.

If you don't have a CA LTC, then AZ gives you 32 states.

If you have the AZ, the FL only adds FL to the mix.

If you have the AZ, and the FL, the UT only adds MN to the mix.

Pandanin
02-08-2012, 1:57 PM
If you can get a CA LTC, then the AZ CCW adds 17 states to your ability to carry.

If you don't have a CA LTC, then AZ gives you 32 states.

I think you're trying to say,

If you can get a CA LTC, then the AZ CCW adds an additional 17 states to your ability to carry

Is that right?

Bert Gamble
02-08-2012, 4:47 PM
I didn't get the AZ one to add any states. I am just collecting all states that can do it by mail.

This will make me feel better if I am turned down here in the Peoples Republic.

Decoligny
02-08-2012, 5:00 PM
I think you're trying to say,

If you can get a CA LTC, then the AZ CCW adds an additional 17 states to your ability to carry

Is that right?

CA gives you X states
CA + AZ gives you X + 17
CA + AZ + FL gives you X + 17 + 1
CA + AZ + FL + UT gives you X + 17 + 1 + 1

KGenter
02-08-2012, 7:51 PM
I am a CA resident and have a CA LTC according to http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html that give me access to CA and 18 additional states, I recently received an AZ LTC (non-resident) and in total I have access in 34 states. But before I go outside of CA/AZ/NV I will be very certain to confirm. I believe adding FL only would add WA to the list.

fuenstock
02-08-2012, 8:58 PM
I recieved my Ca ccw license a few months ago. What was the process for getting your Arizona ltc? I'm very interested in applying for the Arizona ccw.

Bert Gamble
02-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I recieved my Ca ccw license a few months ago. What was the process for getting your Arizona ltc? I'm very interested in applying for the Arizona ccw.

Call them and request an application. Fill it out and pay the fee. Take an approved course, or send them your DD212. Wait for it.

Pretty simple

Decoligny
02-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I am a CA resident and have a CA LTC according to http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html that give me access to CA and 18 additional states, I recently received an AZ LTC (non-resident) and in total I have access in 34 states. But before I go outside of CA/AZ/NV I will be very certain to confirm. I believe adding FL only would add WA to the list.

Only 17 states added when you get AZ on top of CA. You were probably counting SC as the additional state. It recognizes AZ CCW, but only for actual AZ residents.

Decoligny
02-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Call them and request an application. Fill it out and pay the fee. Take an approved course, or send them your DD212. Wait for it.

Pretty simple

That DD214.

And don't forget about the fingerprint cards.

tzotzo
02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
instead of approved safety course I sent in my HSC and hunting license, and that apparently served the purpose. For fingerprints i was able to send in fingerprints taken at the local UPS store by someone there who is licensed by the state of CA to take fingerprints and/or Livescans.

fuenstock
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks,
I'll be working on getting my Arizona ccw to add to my Ca ccw!

Darklyte27
02-10-2012, 3:53 PM
what does it take to get these other state ccl's? same as CA?

woods
02-10-2012, 3:53 PM
I have yet to send it in but AZ told me my Oregon chl is proof enough to not have to take a course. The more the better though I'd send hunting and handgun safety as well.

CA ccw is probably enough for AZ purposes

Teacher Sp Ed
03-04-2012, 9:43 AM
My Arizona came to yesterday. 63 days after I submitted it. Issue date 2/7/12 renewal date 2/7/17.

Permits for Utah, Florida and Arizona. I live in CA with daughter in school on Long Island. Still have work to do.