PDA

View Full Version : holster?

hummveecop
02-07-2012, 2:24 PM
Considering the purchase of a holster for CC and would appreciate some input. Let me start and say that the only weapon I have that is appropriate is my vintage Star PD in .45 acp. For those not familiar, it is essentially a 1911 clone, no grip safety, the size of an Officers model. Recently traded a Glock 30 I had - would have preferred it. I'm left wtih what I have.
Question: recommendations for a holster? I'm reading IWB, Milt Sparks Summer Special gets rave reviews so far and is affordable (somewhat). Thoughts?
Sorry for the long-winded question.

Librarian
02-07-2012, 3:31 PM
Seems to be a never ending quest.

The only advice I've seen that applies to a lot of people seems to be 'get a GOOD belt'. I got one from thebeltman.net, but there are many others.

After that, well... leather, kydex, or hybrid?

What's your physical shape? Thin, fat, athletic, couch-potato?

What kind of clothing do you usually wear? That is, how much of a cover-up do you need? OWB? IWB? Thunderwear?

Just some considerations.

X231
02-07-2012, 5:23 PM
Take a look at the Crossbreeds, White Hat, and other variants. I just got a Crossbreed for my LC9 and it seems to be working out pretty good.

ramathorn
02-07-2012, 7:12 PM
I picked up a crossbreed minituck for my Kahr PM40 and its very comfortable, i forget its there.

bsg
02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Considering the purchase of a holster for CC and would appreciate some input. Let me start and say that the only weapon I have that is appropriate is my vintage Star PD in .45 acp. For those not familiar, it is essentially a 1911 clone, no grip safety, the size of an Officers model. Recently traded a Glock 30 I had - would have preferred it. I'm left wtih what I have.
Question: recommendations for a holster? I'm reading IWB, Milt Sparks Summer Special gets rave reviews so far and is affordable (somewhat). Thoughts?
Sorry for the long-winded question.

www.miltsparks.com (http://www.miltsparks.com) is a good site to check out. see the "Questions" section there for some good information regarding holsters.