PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Heights Police Chief - Online Chat with local newspaper

Markinsac
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Christopher Boyd, the chief of police at Citrus Heights, just finished participating in an online chat hosted by the local newspaper (Sac Bee).

A couple of questions about self-defense and LTC came up:

Q: there has been some speculation about the right to use deadly force,what is the nuts and bolts say if someone tries to invade your home and you are backed into a corner and fearing for your life,is it justified to repel the invaders using deadly force,state laws vary.times are tough and criminals are very brazen these days

Chief Boyd: If someone is in your home, or entering your home and threatening you in this manner, you have the absolute right to use whatever force is necessary to protect yourself, including deadly force.

Q: On that self-defense issue, the sheriff’s election resulted in a much more liberal policy toward issuing concealed weapons permits and a large increase in the number countywide. Does the increase concern you?

Chief Boyd: No. I know the Sheriff is using sound reasoning in his policy to issue CCW's and i have no concerns.

Disclaimer: I've met Chief Boyd as well as several of his upper command staff on several occasions. They've always been professional, yet friendly. I did a ridealong a few years ago, and got the impression that a lot of the lateral officers they hired really liked the atmosphere at the department.

nosuchagency
02-07-2012, 2:07 PM
i watched it peripherally from work. was pleased with his response to both of those particular questions as well. lolz @ the guy that had an issue with red light cameras - hullo, it's CH, where is there not a camera at an intersection...

zvardan
02-07-2012, 3:02 PM
And, god, how the hell did we end up with Sherriff Living**** in CCC?