PDA

View Full Version : solar tactical grip wrap

eldonvieira
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Could someone show me the PC where the grip wrap makes the pistol grip not a pistol grip. It is still below the action of the firearm and I can't find where it says that you have to be able to wrap your hand around it to make it a pistol grip. Thanks I have tried the search function here and could not find it.

bwiese
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
It's not PC (Penal Code).

It's a regulatory definition in Calif Code of Regulations, Title 11, Section 5469 ("11 CCR 5469").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"
means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger
hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the
exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SolarTactical grips and the original MonsterMan grips are especially useful on 'featureless' rifle configurations (i.e, no flash hider or telestock or forward pistol grip either) such that the gun can legally run with a detachable hicap magazine.

CGF pushed back against the DOJ when backing Sonoma Firearms in 2008 against BS charges, which included guns with MMGs and U15 stocks, and all charges were dropped.

eldonvieira
02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
thanks