PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Intrafamilial Transfer(Handgun): Father-Son-3rd Party

CoyoteHunter555
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey everyone been trying to find the answer but have failed. I have seen that is generally takes 1-3 months to receive the letter of confirmation from the DOJ.

Well I am buying a handgun from a fellow calgunner who needs to have it transferred from his father's name to his then from him to me. I don't feel like hassling the guy so I wanted to try and find answers as to how to speed up the process of me getting my Kimber. I do not think his father selling the pistol to me is an option

Thanks in advance!

Jared

Librarian
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone been trying to find the answer but have failed. I have seen that is generally takes 1-3 months to receive the letter of confirmation from the DOJ.

Well I am buying a handgun from a fellow calgunner who needs to have it transferred from his father's name to his then from him to me. I don't feel like hassling the guy so I wanted to try and find answers as to how to speed up the process of me getting my Kimber. I do not think his father selling the pistol to me is an option

Thanks in advance!

Jared

Let me restate:

If I understand correctly, Father intends to use intrafamilal transfer to give gun to son.

Son will then PPT the gun to you.

Your concern is the waiting time for the confirmation of the intrafamilial.

The only time that confirmation is at all interesting is the situation you present, a subsequent transfer. It's thought to be useful to not confuse DOJ by having the subsequent transfer clear before they process the intrafamilial.

But 2 weeks is plenty of time to wait; the dates on the form and the DROS will be amply different. There is no need to wait for the written acknowledgement.

CoyoteHunter555
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
^was hoping you would answer actually. Thanks for posting, God knows how many times!