"I support the First Amendment right to carry and bear arms," - Rudy
Giuliani, on Sean Hannity's radio show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQXY_FUEh4

jerryg1776
03-27-2007, 9:59 AM

That would be translated as the right to "speak softly and carry a boomstick!" My favorite part of the first ammendment.

HAHAHAHAHA...

KenpoProfessor
03-27-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emeu2KRt2Vg&mode=related&search=

Well, this one is almost as bad, now having a firearm is the same as getting a driver's license. Funny how they want to make as if it's a privilege:

Main Entry: 1priv·i·lege
Pronunciation: 'priv-lij, 'pri-v&-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin privilegium law for or against a private person, from privus private + leg-, lex law
: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor : PREROGATIVE; especially : such a right or immunity attached specifically to a position or an office

and not a right:

Main Entry: 2right
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English riht, from riht, adjective
1 : qualities (as adherence to duty or obedience to lawful authority) that together constitute the ideal of moral propriety or merit moral approval
2 : something to which one has a just claim: as a : the power or privilege to which one is justly entitled <voting rights> <his right to decide> b (1) : the interest that one has in a piece of property -- often used in plural <mineral rights> (2) plural : the property interest possessed under law or custom and agreement in an intangible thing especially of a literary and artistic nature <film rights of the novel>
3 : something that one may properly claim as due <knowing the truth is her right>
4 : the cause of truth or justice
5 a : RIGHT HAND 1a; also : a blow struck with this hand <gave him a hard right on the jaw> b : the location or direction of the right side <woods on his right> c : the part on the right side d : RIGHT FIELD e : a turn to the right <take a right at the stop sign>
6 a : the true account or correct interpretation b : the quality or state of being factually correct
7 often capitalized a : the part of a legislative chamber located to the right of the presiding officer b : the members of a continental European legislative body occupying the right as a result of holding more conservative political views than other members
8 a often capitalized : individuals professing support of the established order and favoring traditional attitudes and practices and conservative governmental policies b often capitalized : a conservative position
9 a : a privilege given stockholders to subscribe pro rata to a new issue of securities generally below market price b : the negotiable certificate evidencing such privilege -- usually used in plural
- right·most /-"mOst/ adjective
- by rights also by all rights : with reason or justice : PROPERLY
- in one's own right : by virtue of one's own qualifications or properties
- of right
1 : as an absolute right
2 : legally or morally exactable
- to rights : into proper order

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

MrTuffPaws
03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
It is a fact, the more time a politician has his mouth open, the chance that something stupid will come out of it grows exponintially.

ARRRR-15
03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emeu2KRt2Vg&mode=related&search=

Well, this one is almost as bad, now having a firearm is the same as getting a driver's license. Funny how they want to make as if it's a privilege:

If that's the case, let me take a full auto accuracy test and hand over my license.:D

jumbopanda
03-27-2007, 1:25 PM
I heard him on the radio when he said that. It was just a slip of the tongue, he's referred to the Second Amendment plenty of times and that was the only time he mistakenly said "first" instead of "second".

fairfaxjim
03-27-2007, 2:05 PM

Which means you can talk about it all you want, just don't expect anyone who was the mayor of NY to be a champion for gun rights.

Fate
03-27-2007, 2:15 PM
Guilliani is NOT a pro-gun candidate, no matter what color the smoke is he's blowing up America's arse.

tman
03-28-2007, 8:51 AM
I heard him on the radio when he said that. It was just a slip of the tongue, he's referred to the Second Amendment plenty of times and that was the only time he mistakenly said "first" instead of "second".
Regardless, he is still a "Gun Control" advocate.

Centurion_D
03-28-2007, 9:52 AM
Amen to that. Guiliani would bring the Klinton gun ban back

+1 ..I wouldn't believe a word from him.

Liberty Rules
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I heard Giuliani on Hannity's show and his answers worried me a lot. He said things which seemed designed to assuage the fears of the uninformed masses, but if you read into his statements they are troubling.

He said that he believes the right to keep and bear arms is a personal right--the right of the people. However, he qualified that by stating that, like all other constitutional rights, the right to bear arms was subject to "reasonable restrictions". As many of you that follow legal cases or that read new legislation know, legislators always include a "finding" that each new law serves some "reasonable" purpose. It "saves the children" or it "prevents crime" or it "facilitates interstate commerce", etcetera. Blah blah blah. Any politician that says that your rights are subject to reasonable restriction really means that he believes in passing any restrictions the government deems appropriate.

For instance, I believe that Giuliani is on record as stating that cities should be able to restrict the possession of handguns and other weapons because of all of the crime in urban areas. Guess what, politicians in urban areas believe that's a "reasonable restriction". Any politician can come up with some flowery-sounding "reasonable" reason for banning one of your weapons. So a politician that points this out in the same breath as his statement on the Second Amendment is telegraphing that he is not a true believer. He merely wants the less-informed to think that he is.

p.s. I would have LOVED to hear a caller ask him whether the Clinton AW ban was a "reasonable restriction". I have no doubt that he would support a Federal AW ban, but would love to see him forced to admit it. I hope somebody gets that question through to him the next time he's on the air.

tman
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Liberty Rules - Looks like you got it exactly right.

Fortunately, I think we as gun owners know that "reasonable restriction" on our basic human right, secured and not granted to us by the Second Amendment, is just a sales pitch to pass more draconian legislation and further erode our freedoms.

Steyr_223
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
If the election was held today I would vote for president, Bill Richardson..A rare breed, a pro gun Democrat..The leftwing of the Party, hates and fears him.

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=5580-N

Wulf
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I think it's important to recognize that there's something in between pro-gun and anti-gun. I'm truly against the handing out drivers licenses like candy; I think you should have to demonstrate much greater responsibility, ability, and skill, to take to the road. But if you made me President I'd recognize that there were bigger fish to fry and that trying to limit peoples access to road ways was not the hill I wanted to die on. Its simply a question of ideals vs. reality.

I kind of think that's how it is with Rudy and Guns. He's got his opinion about Guns and the RKBA, but he understands that POTUS is not an acceptable venue for him to indulge his personal viewpoint. To do so would cost him more than it would gain him. For sure there's some internal conflict and inconsistency there, but that's present in all of us. I'm all for Due Process until I see some pedophile getting better treatment from the system than they deserve. Sometimes you have to temper your passion with a realistic assessment of the big picture.

Steyr_223
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070328/pl_nm/giuliani_forbes_dc