PDA

View Full Version : Virginia repeals 1 gun in 30 day law

IrishPirate
02-06-2012, 7:50 PM
ONE-GUN-A-MONTH LAW REPEALED IN VIRGINIA . . . Legislation (SB 323) overturning Virginia's one-gun-a-month law passed the Virginia Senate today with a 21-19 vote. Gov. Bob McDonnell has said he will sign the repeal into law. "We are pleased that the Virginia Senate and House of Delegates have recognized the importance of repealing one gun a month, legislation that rationed the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Virginians," said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. "We look forward to Gov. McDonnell's signature on this very important bill." After Feb. 14, the House of Delegates will consider SB 323 and the Senate will consider its companion bill HB 940 before sending the legislation to McDonnell for his approval.

my apologies to the dupe police, every time i click the search button i get kicked off calguns. Didn't see this on the first two pages of the 2A forum either. Be merciful....

G60
02-06-2012, 8:34 PM
" the House and Senate passed different versions of the bill, so it will take another vote of the House on the Senate bill before it'll head to the Governor."
http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/02/06/handgun-rationing-dead-in-virginia/

Clinton
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Cool, but won't happen here.

IrishPirate
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Cool, but won't happen here.

not with that attitude. The 10 day wait is being challenged, and I'm sure the 1-in-30 will be right on it's heals.

SanPedroShooter
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
BLAH BLAH DUPE...!!!.... .:7::willy_nilly::nono:

I am sure the mods will merge them all, thats what they get paid for.;)