PDA

View Full Version : Exemptions to safe handling demonstration

littlejake
02-06-2012, 3:34 PM
In a recent thread where the PPT of a handgun frame was being discussed, the question of how would the Safe Handling Demonstration (SHD) be performed on a frame. A discussion of exemptions to the SHD was posted. That's where I have a question.

Back when the state started the BFSC program, circa 1992/93 a Guard License with a Guard Gun permit was an exemption to the BFSC. When the state went to the HGSC circa 2002, I'm certain I was able to use the Guard License with a Guard Gun permit as an exemption to the SHD (but, not the HGSC.)

It appears that is not longer an exemption to the SHD.

When did that change? (And is my memory correct as to the history I have posted?)

halifax
02-06-2012, 4:17 PM
This one?

P.O.S.T. 832 PC (Firearms) Training
Exemption Code: X81; Authorizing PC Section: 12807(a)(4)
Any person who has successfully completed the Commission on Peace Officer Standards
and Training (P.O.S.T.) ‚€œArrest and Firearms‚€Ě training, or greater POST training which
includes ‚€œArrest and Firearms.‚€Ě

Particular and Limited Authority Peace Officers
Exemption Code: X91; Authorizing PC Section: 12807(a)(11)
The following persons who have completed a P.O.S.T approved regular course in firearms
training:
1. Patrol special police officers appointed by the police commission of any city or
county
2. Animal control officers or zookeepers
3. Harbor police officers
and . . .
The following persons who have a certificate issued by the Department of Consumer
Affairs pursuant to Section 12033 PC:
4. Guards of messengers of common carriers, banks and other financial institutions.
5. Guards of contact carriers operating armored vehicles
6. Private investigators and private patrol operators licensed pursuant to Chapter 11.5
of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code
7. Alarm company operators licensed pursuant to Chapter 11.6 of Division 3 of the
Business and Professions Code
8. Uniformed security guards or night watch persons

littlejake
02-06-2012, 5:16 PM
That's the one. Thanks.