View Full Version : Who Wants a "Free" Lunch! w/CAGV

02-05-2012, 7:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wandering around the internet tonight and I found this wonderful group "Coalition Against Gun Violence." Now I assumed "how nice, I to am against Gun Violence." (I wonder if there is a "Coalition For Gun Violence?") Started looking over their propaganda and realized that I had been duped! The group known as CAGV is actually an anti-gun, pro-regulation, constitution killing nonprofit.

From their own website, their mission statement is as follows,
The Mission of the Coalition Against Gun Violence is to create a safer community by combating gun violence through educational activities and advocatiing for effective local, state and national programs, policies, and legislation.

I was thinking "dang that sounds like the mission statement of the NRA as well, safe community...check, education...check, effective programs, policies and legislation...checkcheckcheck! Then why would such knowledgeable people believe that AB144 (open Carry ban) AB 809 (increased documentation and database that should eliminate "madmen," "mentally inept," and weapons trafficking apparently?) were actually proper solutions to any real problem, solutions that could be found in increased regulation? That's exactly what CA needs, increased spending/programs/paperwork/red-tape/committees/databases/borrowed finances/insert your favorite governing body here___________

Anyway here is the main point, there is a little soiree being put on by this organization supporting LORI SALDAŅA the original author of the legislation that bans open carry in California. According to the website I see that there is no specific venue, time, or cost to attend (thus I assume free) The date is April 15th 2012. I think it may be nice for some people from this community to go, eat, have a nice time. Not to mock, picket, or interject our ideas; just mingle, be respectful, and make a presence. I will be returning to Alaska for good by then but I would like to coordinate a respectful presence at this event if possible.

Post then PM if you are interested, I think it would be great to have a presence among the far left, anti-freedom, severely confused people that live among us, they seem well intentioned and motivated maybe they are simply not properly motivated :)

Luncheon Page

LORI SALDAŅA for Congress Page

Do the research on both the group CAGV and Lori, you will find it is mostly misappropriated efforts to force control on CA legal gun owners and ultimately document the ownership of every firearm for whatever nefarious reason.

Lori's accomplishments are as follows (based on unconfirmed info, read under advisement)

Chair of the Sierra Club 96'-97'
Three time assembly woman 04'-10'
Tenure Record:Global Warming Solutions Act, co-author Million Dollar Solar Solutions Act, Author failed bill AB 1934 resurrected as AB144 Open Carry Ban, regulated petition signature guidelines AB6, AB426, AB1068, and some more stuff if you want to look it up ;)

02-05-2012, 7:25 PM
That is a heck of a first post. Why did it take you over a year to post? Sweet!

02-05-2012, 7:47 PM
haha I guess I've been lurking for some time. Long time shooter, reloader, living in the SB area temporarily until I return north, figured I didn't want to be too involved down here or buy to many Ca legal bits and pieces because I'll be back in the promised land soon enough :)

02-05-2012, 8:17 PM
One thing I need to point out, and it's nothing personal, but Constitution is capitalized. Not capitalizing it is something anti's would do, and something we never should. We all claim to support and fight so fiercly for it, so we should show it the respect it deserves. Otherwise, helluva first post.

02-05-2012, 8:36 PM
Dang, it's too bad that PullNShoot is banned. Lori Saldana is his arch nemesis and he'd be all over this...

02-05-2012, 9:22 PM
Ah. These are the Santa Barbara ladies.

I encourage everyone to sign up and go.

02-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Dang, it's too bad that PullNShoot is banned. Lori Saldana is his arch nemesis and he'd be all over this...

Couldn't the word be passed along to Pull?

Ah. These are the Santa Barbara ladies.

I encourage everyone to sign up and go.

Santa Barbara ladies? I must not have been around when that story unfolded. I may be wrong, but it does seem to me that Santa Barbara does seem to be the "anti" bastion of Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties area.

02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
They actually put out a pretty decent newsletter that's a kind of aggregate of anti-gunner articles that they pilfer are coordinated with other anti-gun organizations. It's been a little while since I've looked at their financials, because, honestly - they don't matter very much.

02-06-2012, 2:15 PM
It may not matter how much they matter, it's a free lunch! haha kidding, It'd be nice to see what they may have to say in public in the company of politicians. A nice way to make a presence respectfully, quietly, and courteously is to show we are not all gun toting rednecks who hate people group X. Recreational gun owners, hunters, and people who are interested in protecting cvil liberties/themselves should be seen as the more rational choice against govt. regulation, fear mongering, and dubious claims for personal safety. The current state of Ca rules and regulations I believe we can all agree is suffering, just being involved is a positive step forward, for those of us who aren't generally too motivated this may be a great way to start :) I am fortunately from a place that respects civil liberties, and personal freedom so I am not eligible to vote here. My voice isn't really worth much as people generally think I'm a gun toting, Palin supporting, igloo living kind of dude; those kind of dudes aren't generally taken seriously in this neck of the woods.