PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Stores that Do Not Sell Ammo

osokne
02-05-2012, 4:03 PM
I've mentioned these places a few times, in various other threads. Figured it may help others to actually post this as it's own thread!

To the best of my knowledge, Walmart stores in the following California locales,
DO NOT stock/sell any ammunition...

San Francisco County (no stores)
Contra Costa County
Alameda County
Any Walmart within the city limits of Sacramento - Including the Riverpoint store in "West" Sacramento and the store at Watt/El Camino
Any Walmart within the city limits of San Jose
Baldwin Park
Chula Vista - UPDATE 03/12/12: North Broadway location IS now selling ammo
............... - UPDATE 04/16/12: Eastlake location IS now selling ammo
Colton
Long Beach - Carson St, East 5th Street
Marina
Morgan Hill
Panorama City - Nordoff St, Van Nuys Blvd
Pomona
Porter Ranch
Rosemead
Santa Ana
Torrance
West Hills (Woodland Hills/Los Angeles) - Fallbrook Ave

At present there is chatter that Walmart stores in the city and/or county of San Diego, have pulled ammo from their shelves.
02/26/12 - If anyone has recent info on San Diego, please let us know, thanks!

If anyone knows of corrections / changes / additions, please post in this thread and I'll edit updates into this post as needed.
Then it will be our collective knowledge! :43:

Please note: At this point, I'm not planning on listing the locations that do stock ammo... Since I figure that would be a prohibitively long list! :eek: BUT all y'all are welcome to mention them, as you see fit and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for pitching in.

REQUEST (from OP) 04/22/12:
If you are posting locations by city... and you are aware that the city you're referring to, has multiple store locations... Please specify the street it's on, or the street names of the intersection (if on an intersection).
i.e: "I was in the Anytown store on Main St, today and they don't sell ammo, I'm not sure about the other store, at 12th Ave & Elm Rd."
Thanks!

Moving Chicane
02-05-2012, 4:07 PM
Walmart in Woodland Hills, CA is a no go (confirmed, in person, with store management).

osokne
02-05-2012, 4:28 PM
Walmart in Woodland Hills, CA is a no go (confirmed, in person, with store management).

Is that just the Rinaldi St location?

Philthy
02-05-2012, 4:41 PM
There are no Walmarts in the City & County of San Francisco at all, so I don't know if it should be included on the list because it's redundant. Same goes with San Mateo.

I do know:
Richmond NO
Martinez NO

Dixon YES
Woodland YES
Mountain View YES

osokne
02-05-2012, 4:53 PM
There are no Walmarts in the City & County of San Francisco at all, so I don't know if it should be included on the list because it's redundant.

Did there used to be one? Another store manager at a location up north told me that one (many many moons ago).

davek8s
02-06-2012, 4:56 AM
San Jose walmarts don't sell ammo.
Gilroy, Milpitas, Mt View and both the stores in Salinas carry ammo.

Carlow202
02-06-2012, 5:42 AM
Here is a list of the Walmart's I've attempted to buy ammo from in Socal.

Carson St (Long Beach) - NO
Pomona - NO

Carson Street (Lakewood) - YES
Chino - YES
Rancho Cucamonga - YES
Orange - YES
Fontana - YES
Rialto - YES
Corona - YES

Moving Chicane
02-06-2012, 6:00 AM
Is that just the Rinaldi St location?

Had to look this up myself on the Store Locater! LOL!
-The "6433 Fallbrook Ave" (and Victory Blvd.) location (West Hills / Woodland Hills) is the one I went into and checked with - no go!
-The "Rinaldi St." location is Porter Ranc; I haven't checked in there yet.

:)

bumpo628
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Upland - YES

NoNOS67
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Santee - no

I was told that they are waiting for background checks to go through on their employees.

Infiniti87
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Santee - no

I was told that they are waiting for background checks to go through on their employees.

They do sell ammo at the Santee Walmart they are just waiting for employees to finish LiveScan training. The Assistant store manager can sell ammo though if you can find him.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

chillincody
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=NoNOS67;7986092]Santee - no

when did this start ?????

Nirrad
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Walmart Stores that Do Not Sell Ammo:

151 East 5th Street, Long Beach, CA
City Place Shopping Center

Stay away from this place! It's a mess of a store, and unsafe location.

NSFW video of a bike theft right in front of the entrance: http://www.mentalzero.com/Black-Guy-Caught-Stealing-White-Guy-s-Bike-Security-Does-Nothing-1610.html

gixxnrocket
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I went to the santee and poway stores Jan 29 for ammo. I was told @santee they are temporarily not allowed to sell. @ poway I was told due to a new federal law they will resume selling in a week. It wasnt until I found the thread under General that I heard about the BG checks. lots of bad info among the San Diego county walmarts. I happend to call the Santee store yesterday (feb 5.) and the lady on the phone was less than helpful. infact she informed me that all walmart stores in California have stopped ammo sales until all stores have completed their employee's BG checks.. I politely disagreed about all california stores stopping ammo sales and she became more than irritated. she ended the discussion with "it'll be another 2-3 weeks".

Carlow202
02-06-2012, 1:07 PM
Walmart Stores that Do Not Sell Ammo:

151 East 5th Street, Long Beach, CA
City Place Shopping Center

Stay away from this place! It's a mess of a store, and unsafe location.

NSFW video of a bike theft right in front of the entrance: http://www.mentalzero.com/Black-Guy-Caught-Stealing-White-Guy-s-Bike-Security-Does-Nothing-1610.html

I believe all the walmarts in Long Beach are dry. no ammo whatsoever. crazy though cause the walmart on both carson street are just a few miles away from each other, just different cities.

I work in long beach and most of the walmart, if not all, are unsafe. The Carson st in long beach was the one where the homeless guy beat and killed a man with a baseball bat cause he wouldn't give him money in one of the aisles early one morning. In general, there are some really crazy people and to feel that your life is always threatened, it's sad.

softreset
02-06-2012, 3:53 PM
None of the Walmarts in Sacramento sell ammo. The one off Main Street in Woodland has a pretty good selection, however. I'm not sure if it's a Sacramento county thing or the city of Sacramento as I've only checked the three Walmarts in my immediate area and they have Sacramento postal codes.

osokne
02-06-2012, 4:31 PM
None of the Walmarts in Sacramento sell ammo. The one off Main Street in Woodland has a pretty good selection, however. I'm not sure if it's a Sacramento county thing or the city of Sacramento as I've only checked the three Walmarts in my immediate area and they have Sacramento postal codes.

I was told by staff at a couple of Sac Walmarts, that it is indeed a "City" thing.

02-06-2012, 4:48 PM
The Walmart in Elk Grove sells ammo, but the one on Florin road in South Sac does not. Both in Sacramento County

AlliedArmory
02-06-2012, 5:32 PM
Walmart Rosemead CA - NO

osokne
02-08-2012, 8:08 AM
On a whim, I went ahead and shot a quick note to Walmart corporate, asking them if they could give me a list and some other info. To my surprise, they actually responded... but they obviously did not read my question. They wrote: "Thank you for contacting us regarding your firearm purchase. All firearms and ammunition sales are final." No mention of my questions and nothing else they wrote even came remotely close to anything I'd asked them about. It cracked me up, I was laughing pretty hard. Couldn't help but think that their response wasn't too far off of what you typically get in the stores, when looking for something and asking an employee for help. Yikes.

VincentLuong24
02-08-2012, 8:23 AM
Walmart Santa Ana - NO

Moving Chicane
02-08-2012, 8:30 AM
Checked in last night at the Walmart in Porter Ranch/Los Angeles (Rinaldi St. location) and no ammo to be found. Also nobody in the sporting goods area to ask/confirm with could be found either.....pfft! :rolleyes:

So put it down as a "no" as well!

M27
02-08-2012, 8:59 AM

it must be a sac city thing, not sac county because the wal-mart in elk grove (elk grove blvd and 99) sells ammo

ireload
02-08-2012, 9:22 AM
3 of the Walmart stores in my city (Chula Vista) does not sell any ammo.

osokne
02-08-2012, 9:28 AM
3 of the Walmart stores in my city (Chula Vista) does not sell any ammo.

I found North Broadway, Broadway and what's the third? Is it in National City on Highland? (That was the next closest location)

osokne
02-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Still looking for info on Riverpoint in West Sac and the 3rd Chula Vista store. Corporate still hasn't corrected their response to me... which really isn't a surprise.

Any more updates?

Dirtbikindad393
02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I believe all the walmarts in Long Beach are dry. no ammo whatsoever. crazy though cause the walmart on both carson street are just a few miles away from each other, just different cities.

I work in long beach and most of the walmart, if not all, are unsafe. The Carson st in long beach was the one where the homeless guy beat and killed a man with a baseball bat cause he wouldn't give him money in one of the aisles early one morning. In general, there are some really crazy people and to feel that your life is always threatened, it's sad.

That guy that was beaten was a friend of ours from racing Dirt Bikes. Very sad situation there.

Simi Valley Walmart Yes

djeddiebear
02-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Newer Walmart in Anaheim - NO (Still waiting on their license I believe). The other 4 ones nearby sell them, and one of them is in the city of Anaheim.

Walmart SuperCenter
88 E Orangethorpe Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801

osokne
02-24-2012, 5:46 PM
Well... Finally made "one step" of progress with Walmart corporate. They did finally read my original email and gave me the name & phone number for the "Marketing Manager". No luck reaching him, or his assistant, so far. The really odd thing, is that the number they gave me for him, is my "local" store. I just asked for him, by name and got transferred. The call just rang and rang. So, I keep trying.

FlyWhiteGuy
02-26-2012, 9:07 PM
Marina - No
Salinas - Yes!

Ha Ha, as if anyone cares but the gangsters :(

polo.45
02-26-2012, 9:13 PM
Ukiah yes ...but they haven't get any since December becouse the war the guy at sports and goods told me....so I got all I could afford ....

osokne
03-08-2012, 3:34 PM
Bump & request for any other updates... particularly from San Diego. Thanks folks!

clbshooter
03-08-2012, 5:22 PM
I went by the College Grove ( San Diego ) store the other day and ammo is in the store but could not find any one to open the cage. Looked for 10 minutes and I even asked for help put no one responded.

gixxer750
03-08-2012, 5:31 PM
Victorville, Apple Valley- YES

Banana_hands
03-10-2012, 8:00 AM
I checked with my local Walmart (chula vista) several times. The response was "we have ammo in the back ready to sell, we are just waiting for proper licensing and training."

osokne
03-10-2012, 8:19 AM
I checked with my local Walmart (chula vista) several times. The response was "we have ammo in the back ready to sell, we are just waiting for proper licensing and training."

Broadway, North Broadway or Eastlake Pkwy? Calgunner ireload is local to that area as well and at last report, he's found that none of the 3 CV locations have any.

guncollectornut
03-10-2012, 6:39 PM
I personally avoid Walmart for the obvious reason too numerous to list. BlackgunAmmo delivered 500 rounds of M193 to my door for $160 plus shipping and in a .30 caliber can to boot. They stock M193 and X855. My roommate said they are expanding to 9mm, .45acp and 7.62x51mm.

GLOCKINGRAT
03-12-2012, 7:37 AM
Walmart in monrovia and rosemead no, picked up sum 9mm at lancaster location this weekend though :)

surfanimal
03-12-2012, 8:00 AM
Torrance location doesn't have ammo.

osokne
03-12-2012, 8:07 AM
Walmart in monrovia and rosemead no, picked up sum 9mm at lancaster location this weekend though :)

The closest location the store locator found to Monrovia, was in Duarte, on Mountain Ave.

GLOCKINGRAT
03-12-2012, 8:37 AM
Yeah thats the location duarte

osokne
03-12-2012, 8:48 AM
Yeah thats the location duarte

Great, thanks for verifying. That stupid store locator has bit us on the butt more than once.

ireload
03-12-2012, 8:50 AM

I just placed a call for Walmart at north Broadway Chula Vista by highway 54 and lady just informed me that they are now selling ammo. Started about a week ago. Good news for my fellow CV Calgunners. I use to buy my ammo there (.22lr and 12gauge slugs and bucks back in the mid to late 90's)

Barbarossa
03-12-2012, 8:58 AM
Wallmart Tracy sells Ammo (closest on to me)

Wallmart in Willows really shrank their ammo shelf space. It's 1/3 of what it was.

pyromensch
03-13-2012, 7:12 PM

I was told by staff at a couple of Sac Walmarts, that it is indeed a "City" thing.

it must be a sac city thing, not sac county because the wal-mart in elk grove (elk grove blvd and 99) sells ammo

the one at watt and el camino, in sac county does not, but the one in antelope, at watt, and antelope does

Oracle01
03-20-2012, 4:16 PM
Walmart Foothill Ranch- YES
Walmart Laguna Niguel- YES

larryis1
03-20-2012, 4:37 PM
Walmart Foothill Ranch- YES
Walmart Laguna Niguel- YES

Thanks Oracle... These locations are close to me. Do they have ample and assorted inventories?

madgc8
03-23-2012, 7:55 AM
eastlake chula vista walmart is a no go..

ireload
03-23-2012, 10:39 AM

Sadly....

jameshenry
03-25-2012, 1:56 PM
Fairfield is a yes. I reload now so I don't use them.

osokne
03-25-2012, 2:02 PM
Fairfield is a yes. I reload now so I don't use them.

There's a location in that area (Fairf/Vaca) that I used to check, that I hear is now closed. Do you know which one that was? I live in CoCo (no Wally ammo) but travel up & back on 80, almost monthly. I hit up a lot of the stores... that one was where I think the really snarky old guy worked.

opos
03-25-2012, 3:41 PM
Sunday the 25th of March...just talked to a buddy that bought 38 special and 357 at WalMart in El Cajon near the Parkway Plaza shopping mall today....said the 38 special was $35 for 100 rounds and the 357 was $48 for 100 rounds....said it was Winchester White Box and Remington...

Banana_hands
03-25-2012, 5:40 PM

I just saw that they have the shelves inside marked for the ammo. So it should be anytime now.

bigbadbleu
03-25-2012, 5:49 PM
San Marcos in San Diego does have ammo. I just bought some and the girl at the counter asked me if the 20ga and 12ga was for a handgun? They hire winners.

osokne
04-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I just saw that they have the shelves inside marked for the ammo. So it should be anytime now.

Have you been back in there, since? Any update?

exstryker
04-15-2012, 2:49 PM
San Marcos, Vista, and Oceanside all sell ammo in North County San Diego

ireload
04-16-2012, 2:56 PM
Good news for my fellow east Chula Vistan Calgunners, I found out today while shopping, Eastlake Walmart is now selling ammo. For how long now I do not know. They did not have any .223 rem in stock but .38spl, 357mag, 9mm, .45auto, 30-06, 30-30, .243, and I believe 7mm are in stock. So as .22lr, 12 gauge.

osokne
04-16-2012, 3:16 PM
Good news for my fellow east Chula Vistan Calgunners, I found out today while shopping, Eastlake Walmart is now selling ammo...

Excellent :43:

Duly noted & updated, thanks!

bigdawg86
04-16-2012, 3:46 PM
Walmart in Colton (San Bernadino County) DOESN'T sell ammo last I checked a couple weeks ago... I wonder why? Lol

ireload
04-17-2012, 3:02 PM
No sweat Oskone. I was like a kid in a candy store from my wife's observation....lol.

gregshin
04-17-2012, 9:21 PM
I swore i bought ammo at the duarte location in feb did something change?

sjg1966
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
They do sell ammo at the Santee Walmart they are just waiting for employees to finish LiveScan training. The Assistant store manager can sell ammo though if you can find him.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

I just bought ammo there last week.....

gregshin
04-18-2012, 7:00 AM
confirmed...just bought ammo at the walmart in duarte.

i will check out the pico rivera location friday.

gregshin
04-18-2012, 2:46 PM
i stopped by the pico riveria location and yes they do sell ammo but their cabinet was super small.

Range Rat
04-18-2012, 2:53 PM

I see a baseball bat ban on the horizon.

zenmastar
04-20-2012, 3:26 PM
WalMart in Morgan Hill did not sell ammo or had a sporting goods department the one time I stepped foot in the place.

Saym14
04-20-2012, 3:35 PM
Baldwin Park - NO

lpspinner
04-20-2012, 4:32 PM
WalMart in Morgan Hill did not sell ammo or had a sporting goods department the one time I stepped foot in the place.

I would imagine no cause it's part of Santa Clara County. But Gilroy does.

effbeeeye
04-20-2012, 9:47 PM
I've been told the Walmart(s) in Santa Clarita sell ammo. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

sjg1966
04-21-2012, 3:05 AM
I was in the Lakeside (Los Coches Rd) WalMart today and saw no ammo in the sporting goods area.

Beaker650
04-21-2012, 9:53 PM
Riverside Walmart - Canyon Springs Pkwy - Yes, moderate selection
City of Industry Walmart - Gale Ave - Yes, good selection
Pico Rivera Walmart - Washington Blvd - Yes - poor selection
Huntington Beach Walmart - Yes, Very good selection

guitar-nut
04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Why would you want to buy ammo from such an anti-American company when you could support a local gun store or just order online? From what I remember Wal-Marts prices and selection on ammo were awful anyway.

canative
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM

Gilroy is Santa Clara County, Milpitas Walmart sells ammo and is in Santa Clara County also.

Bill Carson
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM

I work in long beach and most of the walmart, if not all, are unsafe. The Carson st in long beach was the one where the homeless guy beat and killed a man with a baseball bat cause he wouldn't give him money in one of the aisles early one morning. In general, there are some really crazy people and to feel that your life is always threatened, it's sad. Actually it was the carson street location in lakewood.

Bill Carson
04-21-2012, 11:01 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8415523

lamduh
04-22-2012, 12:43 AM
my office is a stones throw from the colton walmart on mt vernon and they sell ammo.....well maybe not all the time i clean them out of .223,9,40,45 when its there im in there atleast twice a week

JMP
04-22-2012, 2:29 PM
Some Walmarts have started rationing--went to Cerritos and they put a 6 box limit on me. They didn't have much anyways.

osokne
04-22-2012, 3:05 PM
Some Walmarts have started rationing--went to Cerritos and they put a 6 box limit on me. They didn't have much anyways.

I've heard of this going on, in various stores around the country. I think that in most cases, it's at the discretion of management and comes and goes. There may be an official edict, but I know of plenty of folks that have bought more than 6 boxes... then got "rationed" in the same store at a later date. To be fair, a lot of these stories I hear, I hear from folks that live (& buy ammo) outside of the PRK.

Still no luck with getting in touch with that marketing manager guy. I think I'm going to have to go sit on his doorstep.

Beaker650
04-22-2012, 4:41 PM
Sometimes you can check if a store sells ammo by doing an online stock check. Of course if that particular item is out of stock you won't be able to tell. For example:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-Super-Target-12-Gauge-2-3-4/17175593
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-45-Colt-Bonded-PDX1-Defender/17175597

Then enter your zip code to check local stock. (Will also show you surrounding stores)

Right now it says this 12g is not in stock in Orange, but a .45 ammo is in stock at Orange. So I'm gonna say Orange Wal-mart sells ammo.

stator
04-22-2012, 7:51 PM

Gilroy, Mountain View, and Milpitas are all cities within Santa Clara county. It's the city of San Jose and Walmart's within that city's limit you are thinking of.

I wish Walmart corporation would tell the city to blow it out of their backside, and sell ammo in their San Jose stores. How about the new one opening near Almaden Expressway and 85, Walmart? The city is near bankruptcy and needs all of the sales tax revenue they can get.

Roscoes Dad
04-22-2012, 8:46 PM
Folsom-yes
Placerville -yes

bigdawg86
04-23-2012, 9:44 AM
I guess SanBernadino does sell ammo... The were changing the location of where it was displayed so they didn't have any for a week or two.

Banana_hands
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Anybody know of any walmarts in the San Diego area that has any .223 on the shelf? All of the ones I've stopped by are all out. Please PM me if you know of any.
Thanks

bassboss
04-25-2012, 4:08 PM
The new Walmart at Almaden and 85 does NOT sell ammo. I went in there about a week ago to check and no-go. For anyone in the San Jose area, the Sportsman's Supply off of Camden in Campbell (the camo building) sells ammo for about the same price as Walmart. Beats driving to Milpitas or Gilroy.

osokne
04-25-2012, 4:53 PM
The new Walmart at Almaden and 85 does NOT sell ammo. I went in there about a week ago to check and no-go.

I know that's toward the southern side of town... but it's still within the city limits of San Jose, right? I used to work down there, in the late '90's... but I don't remember a whole lot about how it's laid out.

bassboss
04-26-2012, 9:00 AM
yeah, it's considered South San Jose I think. In the Almaden Valley area. If you're passing through, it's right behind the Best Buy, right across from the Northbound 85 Almaden Expressway offramp. And yeah, it's in the city limits, so go figure :/ I can't wait to move out of this area...

osokne
05-06-2012, 3:12 PM
Just answered my own question (from quite a while ago)... it was the Chadbourne Rd store, in Fairfield that they closed. Bummer, since it was pretty close to I80, it was a semi-regular stop, for me.

Ike Arumba
05-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Yuba City Wal-Mart: YES

For that matter, Ace Hardware in Gridley - YES

osokne
05-19-2012, 1:14 PM
A little OT, but hey, I started this thread! I hit up one of my usual stops, the Walmart Supercenter in Dixon. Their supply on hand was actually pretty well stocked up and I just then made the discovery that they are now carrying the Federal 100 packs, in certain handgun calibers. Didn't have it in .45ACP, but I did grab a couple of boxes of 9mm for the wife. (Yeah, yeah... I know Federal ain't great) but she shoots the crap outta that stuff and has no issues with it, so what the hell.

JSolie
05-24-2012, 6:16 PM
I was a bit surprised that my local WalMart actually had some Federal .223 bulk packs in this evening. The ammo case actually looked fairly well stocked. Not so sure after this post, though... ;)

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-24-2012, 6:23 PM
Here is a list of the Walmart's I've attempted to buy ammo from in Socal.

Carson St (Long Beach) - NO
Pomona - NO

Carson Street (Lakewood) - YES
Chino - YES
Rancho Cucamonga - YES
Orange - YES
Fontana - YES
Rialto - YES
Corona - YES

Oxnard- Yes

gregm784
05-24-2012, 6:27 PM
Please add the Florin Road store in Sacramento & the Antelope Road Walmart in North Sac (antelope area) to the list that DO NOT sell ammo.

I've mentioned these places a few times, in various other threads. Figured it may help others to actually post this as it's own thread!

To the best of my knowledge, Walmart stores in the following California locales,
DO NOT stock/sell any ammunition...

San Francisco County (no stores)
Contra Costa County
Alameda County
Any Walmart within the city limits of Sacramento - Including the Riverpoint store in "West" Sacramento and the store at Watt/El Camino
Any Walmart within the city limits of San Jose
Baldwin Park
Chula Vista - UPDATE 03/12/12: North Broadway location IS now selling ammo
............... - UPDATE 04/16/12: Eastlake location IS now selling ammo
Colton
Long Beach - Carson St, East 5th Street
Marina
Pomona
Porter Ranch
Rosemead
Santa Ana
Torrance
West Hills (Woodland Hills/Los Angeles) - Fallbrook Ave

At present there is chatter that Walmart stores in the city and/or county of San Diego, have pulled ammo from their shelves.
02/26/12 - If anyone has recent info on San Diego, please let us know, thanks!

If anyone knows of corrections / changes / additions, please post in this thread and I'll edit updates into this post as needed.
Then it will be our collective knowledge! :43:

Please note: At this point, I'm not planning on listing the locations that do stock ammo... Since I figure that would be a prohibitively long list! :eek: BUT all y'all are welcome to mention them, as you see fit and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for pitching in.

REQUEST (from OP) 04/22/12:
If you are posting locations by city... and you are aware that the city you're referring to, has multiple store locations... Please specify the street it's on, or the street names of the intersection (if on an intersection).
i.e: "I was in the Anytown store on Main St, today and they don't sell ammo, I'm not sure about the other store, at 12th Ave & Elm Rd."
Thanks!

Checkk
05-25-2012, 1:28 PM
Both Walmart Location in Corona sells ammo. Also the Riverside location on Van Buren sells ammo also. Last time I checked, .45 were going for $16.97 a box of Federal and .223 were going for $39.99 for a 100 pack Federal. But they do tend to go Out of Stock pretty fast.

osokne
05-25-2012, 3:03 PM
Please add the Florin Road store in Sacramento & the Antelope Road Walmart in North Sac (antelope area) to the list that DO NOT sell ammo.

Are these both within the city limits of Sacramento?

gregm784
05-25-2012, 5:38 PM
Florin road is. Antelope is its own town, a suburb of sacramento.

Sent from my iPhone 4.5 using Tapatalk. Of course.

osokne
05-25-2012, 5:55 PM
Just phoned the location at 5821 Antelope Rd and they told me they DO stock ammo. So give them a shot. I'd say call first, but it took two tries and then the guy that eventually got on the phone had a really thick accent. So, your mileage may vary.

Florin Rd falls under the "city limits" of Sacramento designation.

mark11
06-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Roseville - Pleasant Grove Blvd = YES (placer county)
- shelves were about 50% stocked (all .223 sold out).

osokne
06-26-2012, 7:54 AM
Roseville - Pleasant Grove Blvd = YES

Yup... That's one my regular stops when I travel for work, as I have 2 accounts within a mile of that store. Lately, I've had pretty good luck at the Dixon store, as well.

lamduh
06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Both Walmart Location in Corona sells ammo. Also the Riverside location on Van Buren sells ammo also. Last time I checked, .45 were going for $16.97 a box of Federal and .223 were going for $39.99 for a 100 pack Federal. But they do tend to go Out of Stock pretty fast.

specially the one mckinley goes fast.........who ever is clearing out the 7.62x39 in corona in tula save me some the guy at the counter said u tool the whole case last u were there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SB30
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Poway - limited stock with most being out.

brian5271
09-17-2012, 8:21 PM
The new Walmart in Torrance carries ammo and had a decent selection when I was there on Sat.

pismopal
09-25-2012, 5:47 PM
I am not a mind reader or an expert in retail sales.....but If I am not selling very much of something in my store, I might remove it to make room for more of something that I am selling more of...just sayin'.

DirtyDave
09-25-2012, 5:56 PM
The new Walmart in Torrance carries ammo and had a decent selection when I was there on Sat.

The new one is really close to my house. I just assumed they didnt sell ammo cuz the other Torrance WM does not.
Good to know.

M27
09-25-2012, 7:34 PM
I am not a mind reader or an expert in retail sales.....but If I am not selling very much of something in my store, I might remove it to make room for more of something that I am selling more of...just sayin'.

Walmart stores that do sell ammo usualy can't keep enough in stock. In most cases of walmarts that don't sell ammo there is a city or county law or ordanance keeping them from selling it.

la_liberty
12-10-2012, 8:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is the most current list, but I found out some more to add. None of these sell ammo:

West Hills Walmart Store #5152
Porter Ranch Walmart Supercenter Store #2526
Panorama City Neighborhood Market Store #5605
Panorama City Walmart Store #2568

wild_weasel
12-11-2012, 4:14 PM
I was happy to see the new Disk's Sporting Goods in Huntington Beach sells guns and ammo.

Cheers,
W-W

veritas137
01-02-2013, 5:56 PM
Is this thread still being updated? I was in the Walmart in Morgan Hill this weekend and no gun department or ammo. :(

osokne
01-02-2013, 8:19 PM
Is this thread still being updated? I was in the Walmart in Morgan Hill this weekend and no gun department or ammo. :(

OP, here... When new info comes in, I do update my original post (at the beginning). It's all pretty much word-of-mouth, with a little bit of verification legwork, done by yours truly.

lawdawg0417
01-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Walmart stores that do sell ammo usualy can't keep enough in stock. In most cases of walmarts that don't sell ammo there is a city or county law or ordanance keeping them from selling it.

Citrus Heights does sell ammo and the statement above is very true.
Orangevale store also sells ammo and has a very good inventory almost every time I go in.(but must say I havent been in this one since the latest push in sales)

TheBest
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Rohnert Park and Windsor store sell ammo.

RP selection is much more than Windsor.

classwarfare
01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Paso Robles and Arroyo Grande sell ammo. I was in Paso on Saturday and all they had besides shotgun shells was .270 and .300 Win Mag.

Maxdog
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I checked out the Wal-Mart in Stevenson Ranch (Valencia) last night.
The shelves were still empty. There were about 6 20 rnd boxes Winchester .308 and some 20 gauge birdshot and that was about all. I even ventured into Big 5 in Van Nuys on Friday, It was down right sad. They had overpriced signs and signs for limits on ammo, but no ammo under the signs.

M27
02-04-2013, 2:30 PM
the elk grove walmart had more than 10 boxes of 15, 20 gauge Remington slugs. the case only has 270 and 380 zombie max. also had 3'' and 3 1/2'' 12 gauge.

Cuauhtemoc
12-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Shelves full of ammo. Yet not selling it. Kern County City Delano

pacrat
12-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Both the Paramount and Norwalk Wally Worlds do not sell ammo. They sold long guns and ammo years ago.

knowledgedropper
12-31-2015, 11:02 AM
New Long Beach Walmart on South Street - NO GO
New Dick's in Cerritos (mall) - Good-to-go

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk