PDA

View Full Version : Lower AR Parts Kits sent to CA

Johnnyfres
02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi guys, Waiting to pickup my AR lower and have been searching the web for some good deals on lower parts kits. I noticed that certain sites will not ship lower parts kits to CA. I know that CA law requires the maglock on any AR that has accessories like pistol grip and collapsible stock. Is there a reason why sites like cheaperthandirt.com will not ship the lower parts kits to CA? Do I need to find a CA legal lower parts kit?

Thanks

Tyson
02-05-2012, 10:14 AM
This is news to me as I just recently bought two lowers and ordered a LPK and ammo separately. Both lowers and accessories came from South Carolina. I guess you're SOL on the LPK from Cheaperthandirt. (I don't find them to be very cheap anymore) I bought PSA lowers and PSA parts kit which I am very pleased with both for quality and value. Seeing as how the PSA LPK was 45, this deal is hard to beat. The price is now 49 for the LPK from PSA.

rromeo
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
CTD hates anything that isn't Texas, and California embodies that.

Johnnyfres
02-05-2012, 10:20 AM
haha okay Thanks guys. Just thought I would clarify that. Any suggested sites? I wanted to get the Spike Premium LPK but they are on backorder.

nick
02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi guys, Waiting to pickup my AR lower and have been searching the web for some good deals on lower parts kits. I noticed that certain sites will not ship lower parts kits to CA. I know that CA law requires the maglock on any AR that has accessories like pistol grip and collapsible stock. Is there a reason why sites like cheaperthandirt.com will not ship the lower parts kits to CA? Do I need to find a CA legal lower parts kit?

Thanks

This has nothing to do with laws, and a lot to do with company policies and general ignorance. A lot of companies either don't bother educating themselves on CA laws (and no, it doesn't take that long, especially when you're looking at 10% of the market or so), or the lawyers they consult with provide a rather incompetent advice, or they like to engage in general bigotry towards CA, thus doing exactly what the anti-gun politicians here want them to do.

As for the legalities, you're perfectly legal buying an LPK. What matters is how you configure your rifle. If it has evil features, make sure you put the maglock on before you add those. If it's feautureless, no maglock is needed in the first place.

CSACANNONEER
02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
CTD and SG are two of the worst places to do bussiness with. IMHO, anytime you give either one a penny it's worse than donating it straight to the Brady Campaign.

Johnnyfres
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I just found the site you ordered from thanks. Looks like a lot of great deals.

microwaveguy
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
haha okay Thanks guys. Just thought I would clarify that. Any suggested sites? I wanted to get the Spike Premium LPK but they are on backorder.

Try some of the vendors here on Calguns.net

With that said try mark at exile machine

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/spikes-lower-reciever-parts-kit-5319.html

Eddy's Shooting Sports
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Why don't you just go buy one at your local gun shop?

Sure, it may cost you $10 or $20 more than online, but there's a lot to be said for inspecting the product, the instant satisfaction of taking it home, and assuring that your local gun shop will still be around when you need them.

Cheers!

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650)969-GUNS

Johnnyfres
02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Good Point Greg.

LikeAllGuns
02-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Very good point Greg !!! At eddy's shooting sports. I do try to do bus. with local gun shops. but lately they are sold out of most of what i needed. And they even tell me to go online to get product. I think they should say ya we can get that it will be here in a week and o pay just like online and wait a week. Just saying.