PDA

View Full Version : FFL required?

KrizB
03-26-2007, 1:16 PM
Think I already know the answer.

This morning at a flea market, guy was selling an old beat up Marlin 60 copy (serial # but no manufacturer). Asking price was $35 and said that an FFL wasn't needed because it was a "family heirloom".

Of course I didn't buy it since I don't remember reading anything about an exemption in the law book

Did meet a weirdo at another stall that commented on my knife purchase.
Mumbled something about the "blade being strong?/sharp? enough for stabbing someone" .....

marvelous

gose
03-26-2007, 1:51 PM
Not really sure what a Marlin 60 is, but if it wasn't a C&R firearm, the transfer would indeed have to go through an FFL.

According to web sources the Marlin 60 was introduced in 1960 (!) :D, so my guess would be that a copy would very much be less than 50 years old and require an FFL.

grammaton76
03-26-2007, 2:24 PM
Sounds like the guy moved here from another state, and doesn't quite "get it" that CA law is different. Avoid...

KrizB
03-26-2007, 3:19 PM
No jail for me, thanks.
:)

Had to be at least 20 years old with a bit of wear and tear (bust out the Perma Blue).
Looked like a Marlin 60 (http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60.aspx) but with a shorter mag tube and a muzzle break.

Might check the pawn or gun shop in a few days, probably will turn up, unless it was sold...