PDA

View Full Version : Shipping an off roster pistol to another FFL

Santa Cruz Armory
02-03-2012, 8:59 PM
A customer wants us to ship a couple pistols. He never said what the make and models were, just that he was coming in. We're not even sure if they're on the Roster.

So what's the issue with shipping them? Should we not even worry about it and ship them for him or should we tell him that the buyer could potentially not be able to DROS them? I friggin' hate the Roster!! :mad:

halifax
02-04-2012, 6:29 AM
You are shipping them to a CA FFL, I'll assume?

If they are off-roster inform the receiving FFL before shipping. If he's good with it, then ship.

Santa Cruz Armory
02-04-2012, 8:40 AM
Yes, they're going to a CA FFL. I mean, for all I know they are going to a LEO or going to be single shotted.... I hate having to be a detective for the whole process.

kemasa
02-04-2012, 3:53 PM
As long as they are not so-called a-salt weapons, there is no legal issue with shipping them. The issue is whether you can transfer them and if not, what is going to happen to them and who is going to pay for your time and perhaps return shipping.

People often make mistakes with respect to the list, so it is best to ask about the firearms in advance.

tenpercentfirearms
02-04-2012, 5:16 PM
As long as they are not so-called a-salt weapons, there is no legal issue with shipping them. The issue is whether you can transfer them and if not, what is going to happen to them and who is going to pay for your time and perhaps return shipping.

People often make mistakes with respect to the list, so it is best to ask about the firearms in advance.

What he said. It could be a pain when they get them and want to send them back because the customers didn't do their homework.