PDA

View Full Version : San Diego hands-on test + local pickup: U-15 stocks + new AR MMG's

grammaton76
03-26-2007, 3:55 AM
I can't quite decide where this should be posted, but after some thought, I figure that commercial sales would be the best place for it.

I've talked CWS into letting me bring some U-15's and some new AR Monsterman grips to SD for local pickup for folks. This means no S&H fees for you, and try-before-you-buy if you're willing to go to Iron Sights in Oceanside. Plus, if you were thinking of going to the Del Mar show just for one of these items, now you can save parking + admission.

Price... $45 for the new MMG, or $195 for the U-15 stock, same prices as the website.

I'll be at Iron Sights on Monday, 3/26/07, with both the U-15 and the new AR MMG's. You can try them out on my rifles, and I'll have extras on hand in case you want to buy some without paying S&H or waiting for the Del Mar show. I'll also have one of the new AK MMG's for demonstration purposes only, none for local pickup yet.

Payment options:
1. Call CWS on their order phone number, tell 'em what you want to pick up from me, and pay them. If you tell 'em you're picking up from me, they won't charge S&H. They'll just let me know that you've pre-paid and are clear for a pickup.
2. Bring me exact change (I don't carry around change, sorry), and I'll get the money to CWS.

I'd strongly prefer #1, but if you'd rather not mess with a phone order, #2 is still doable.

Two pickup options:
1. I can meet you at the parking lot of the UTC mall in La Jolla, most weekdays, between 3pm and 9pm. We'll work out an exact time via phone if you choose this option.
2. Meet me at Iron Sights in Oceanside (details below), where you can try out both the MMG and U-15. I'll have both on hand, in case you decide you want to pick it up there.

The range run will be this Monday, 3/26/07, at 7:30pm. You're welcome to fire ammo bought at Iron Sights through my rifles, or you can bring your own (no-evil-features) AR upper to try with my lowers. If you use my upper, I insist on Iron Sights' ammo for two reasons:

1. It helps support the range, which makes a difference if they get cranky because a bunch of Calgunners take up all their lanes.
2. Because I don't have any way to consistently know where everyone's ammo comes from, it's safest for my rifles if I just make everyone buy range ammo for testing.

Two other Iron Sights notes: one, their range policy is that you have to show up with a friend or with a gun, or else you can't go out on the line. Iron Sights range time is pretty cheap though; $10 for the first shooter and $5/person for the additional two they'll allow on a lane.

The uppers available to try with the U-15 and MM grip are:
1. Armalite 20" bull barrel upper, 223.
2. Probably a standard Stag 16" upper + cheap red dot, 223. Can't guarantee this one.
3. 50 Beowulf 16" entry upper. Ammo's pricey, so you can shoot my reloads for 50c/shot (first shot's free, though), or you can buy Iron Sights ammo at $30/20 last I checked. My own reloads don't worry me in my guns, just other peoples'. ;)

The lowers:
1. U-15 with a Timney drop-in trigger (try it, you'll probably order one some day!)
2. New Monsterman AR grip, LMT two-stage trigger

grammaton76
04-02-2007, 3:26 PM
Bump... same place, same deal, tonight (Monday, 4/2/07)

JPglee1
04-02-2007, 3:37 PM
I just wanted to add that Sean *Grammaton76* is a GREAT dude to deal with. Very fair and always honest when it comes to product descriptions, etc.

Deal with confidence. Sean will take care of you, can't say enough good shiite about my brotha G76 :D

J

mike100
04-02-2007, 3:42 PM
Might swing by with my sporter project and a 9- you might get me interested in building something. Anybody have a chronograph? I have about 8 different 45 loads worked up.

grammaton76
04-02-2007, 3:57 PM
Might swing by with my sporter project and a 9- you might get me interested in building something. Anybody have a chronograph? I have about 8 different 45 loads worked up.

I think Ray, the gunsmith, allows people to borrow/rent his chronograph. He's in on Monday nights.

mike100
04-02-2007, 4:00 PM
I'll bring the 1911 just in case. I'd pay him to use that.

ChrisSig
04-04-2007, 6:31 PM
I've subscribed to this thread, hopefully there'll be another trip soon. :)

grammaton76
04-23-2007, 5:42 PM
Going again tonight... sorry I didn't post here sooner. 7:30pm. This time around, I've got a bullet button lower to try out.

brassburnz
04-23-2007, 6:42 PM
Keep us posted on your trips to the range. I need a U-15.

Randy

grammaton76
04-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Sure. Or if you want to meet up around the La Jolla / UTC area, just drop me a PM any time. I've got the stocks here in SD.

1919_4_ME
04-24-2007, 4:49 PM
Hey Grammaton,
You ever going to be up at BSP again?I wouldnt mind trying out one of the U-15 stocks.:D

grammaton76
04-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey Grammaton,
You ever going to be up at BSP again?I wouldnt mind trying out one of the U-15 stocks.:D

Some day, yeah... unfortunately I don't have any set schedule for it at the moment though. :(