PDA

View Full Version : 'Assault Weapon' Penal code

Librarian
02-03-2012, 1:52 PM
Like a sore tooth, this keeps coming up.

Just as a reference item, I just put up a Wiki page linking almost all the PC, and added my notes. Makes it easier to find which part does what.

Left out some parts - some bits were just details, like a bunch of the SKS sections; some parts no longer active due to subsequent events.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Penal_Code_covering_Assault_weapons_and_.50_Calibe r_rifles

RP1911
02-03-2012, 3:39 PM
Thank you.

Shoobee
02-03-2012, 3:47 PM
Thanks Librarian. I am pinging this to put it into my data base.

I take it that although the .50 cal BMG is not legal, the .416 is?

Not that I would ever buy one. Too heavy and too much recoil.

Just noticed that another OP has one now.

Quiet
02-03-2012, 9:55 PM

Only .50BMG rifles are prohibited.

Everything else is legal, as long as it is not configured as a prohibited firearm.

.50BMG "other" firearms are also legal. (example. semi-auto only M-2HB) Because they do not meet CA's legal definition of a "rifle".

Bolillo
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM

Just as a reference item, I just put up a Wiki page linking almost all the PC, and added my notes. Makes it easier to find which part does what.

Left out some parts - some bits were just details, like a bunch of the SKS sections; some parts no longer active due to subsequent events.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Penal_Code_covering_Assault_weapons_and_.50_Calibe r_rifles

Librarian,

Yeoman's job, thank you. On your fun scale, probably right there with a root canal. Bravo Zulu.

CSACANNONEER
02-04-2012, 7:27 AM

Even 50BMG rifles are LEGAL in CA. They either need to be registered or, you need to be an out of state resident on your way to, at or on your way from a sanctioned competition. The problem with you guys mistating that 50BMG rifles are not legal in Ca is simple. It makes those of us with legal 50BMG rifles look like criminals to those who blindly believe your FUD. Also, you obviously don't know anything about 50BMG rifles. The recoil is less than a 30-30 or a 12g. In fact, my kid refused to shoot any 12g except extra lite AAs through a 391 because the recoil was too much but, he could shoot my 50s all day long.

Shoobee,
The .416 Barrett is not the answer to the 50BMG ban in Ca. It is a completely different animal that will become extinct in a few years just like alomst every other botique round. If you want a 50 cal rifle in CA, there are much better options than a .416 and much better precission rifles than a Barrett.

morrcarr67
02-04-2012, 7:34 AM

Thank you for all your hard work.

HBrebel
02-04-2012, 4:10 PM
the infringed on our second amendment. Where is justice?