PDA

View Full Version : Grocery store shooter not charged, starts own concealed carry web site

vantec08
02-03-2012, 8:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/138626059.html

the site . . . http://ccwadvocates.com/

six10
02-03-2012, 9:31 AM
They'll find an excuse to charge him now that he's making noise and advocating self-defense for everyone.

r3dn3ck
02-03-2012, 9:39 AM
god forbid you want to defend yourself in a crisis and then say that you're awesome for living through it. self determination and free speech... eeek I see him making political enemies about now. Could be a great business move if he parlays the press into a good trickle of donations or purchases...

ALSystems
02-03-2012, 1:31 PM
:patriot:
Lucky for the cashier, the guy who shot the robber didn't notice the "No Weapons" sign in the store. Apparently neither did the guy with the shotgun who was robbing the place.

I'd bet that sign will stay despite this incident.

According to the story, 6-7 shots fired with a semiauto 9mm hangun at a distance of about 20 feet. 2 shots hit (perhaps more) the robber in leg and forehead who fled the store. This means the robber was not stopped despite gunshot wounds.

;)
Keep these kind of numbers in mind the next time some says no one needs a gun that holds more than 10 rounds. You need enough rounds both hit and stop the target in a high stress situation. Shooting accuracy in this situation is usually poor for most people even if they have practiced.

vantec08
02-03-2012, 2:29 PM
They'll find an excuse to charge him now that he's making noise and advocating self-defense for everyone.

I'm sure that sometime in his life he rolled a stop sign, kept the over-change from a sale, or mooned a sardine.

Bigtime1
02-03-2012, 3:51 PM
According to the story, 6-7 shots fired with a semiauto 9mm hangun at a distance of about 20 feet. 2 shots hit (perhaps more) the robber in leg and forehead who fled the store. This means the robber was not stopped despite gunshot wounds.

Keep these kind of numbers in mind the next time some says no one needs a gun that holds more than 10 rounds.

I thought Bill Ruger Sr. passed away. :cool:

GWbiker
02-03-2012, 3:51 PM
IMO, shooter should STFU.

avneet
02-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Good for him and those he helped protect.

vincewarde
02-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't think this guy has anything to worry about. About the most they could do if the shoot is good is charge him with trespassing. To do that not only would they have to get the owner's cooperation, they would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he saw, or should have seen the sign. Not to mention that 12 people would have to vote to convict. Not likely.

Of course, they could pull his permit - but that would only draw even more attention to an incident that argues for merchants to forget about posting signs.

Personally if there had to be an incident soon after CCW went into effect, we could not have done to much better: Bad guys shot, but thankfully not killed - and a very reasonable CCW holder who shot only when it was reasonable to do so.

Markinsac
02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
If you read the article that is attached, here is what the District Attorney for that area said:

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said the law allows use of reasonable force in threatening situations, regardless of whether the shooter has a concealed weapons permit.

"He disrupted an act that potentially exposed himself and others to great bodily harm," Chisholm said. Video footage from the store showed "he acted reasonably and in a controlled manner during the encounter," Chisholm said.

Based on this statement, I think he can now move forward with his life without worry on this incident.