PDA

View Full Version : Any Calgunner's highlighted in today's OC Register article?

jmlivingston
02-02-2012, 6:17 PM
So were any of our own highlighted in this article about the Brea Rifle & Pistol Club's recent shoot at Lytle Creek? Here is a snippet from an article on the OC Register's website about it. See http://www.ocregister.com/articles/rifle-338636-rifles-vintage.html for the full article and a bunch of photos. Very nice to see good news coverage of a C&R shooting event like this.

Vintage rifles offer shooters’ challenge

The big rifles are barking up and down the firing line. To my right is a WW II U.S. M1 Garand. To my left thunders a 1942 British Enfield, a couple of Russian Mosin-Nagants and on the end, an 1898 U.S. Krag-Jorgensen, a veteran of the Spanish-American War.

Today, I am shooting two Nikon cameras and a 1944 U.S. M1 Garand .30 caliber rifle. In the hands of the "Greatest Generation," some of these vintage rifles battled tyranny to the ends of the earth and literally saved the free world.

These rifles are now in the hands of another generation who are testing their skills at a Civilian Marksmanship Program high power rifle match run by The Brea Rifle & Pistol Club at the Lytle Creek Firing Line in the San Bernardino Mountains.