PDA

View Full Version : Crips "ok" to shoot military warning order GC?

camron882
01-31-2012, 7:36 PM
So im sure some of you heard about the crips, due to an altercation with US Soldiers, have given the green light to shoot any active duty military personnel.

I have the article from the DoD printed at work and was wondering if this could be used as GC fr a CCW since it is a DIRECT threat to anyone in the military.....we all have decals and some of us do wear our uniforms home.....

any insight would be appreciated!!

Gray Peterson
01-31-2012, 7:39 PM
So im sure some of you heard about the crips, due to an altercation with US Soldiers, have given the green light to shoot any active duty military personnel.

I have the article from the DoD printed at work and was wondering if this could be used as GC fr a CCW since it is a DIRECT threat to anyone in the military.....we all have decals and some of us do wear our uniforms home.....

Is it repostable?

CSACANNONEER
01-31-2012, 7:40 PM
Is this the same warning that went out months ago? Or, is it a new one? Personally, I'd use a similar GC to ones which have already been approved.

CTallerico
01-31-2012, 7:41 PM
My son is an active duty MP so I'd be interested in hearing more...

camron882
01-31-2012, 7:42 PM
Is this the same warning that went out months ago? Or, is it a new one? Personally, I'd use a similar GC to ones which have already been approved.

as far as i know its FOUO, and yes it went out a few months ago but is still not been given the all clear for us....some of us only have so much to use for a GC

camron882
01-31-2012, 7:44 PM
this was put out DoD wide, this is not the ALL call version.
http://info.publicintelligence.net/USARNORTH-Crips.pdf

camron882
01-31-2012, 7:44 PM
this was put out DoD wide, this is not the ALL call version.
http://info.publicintelligence.net/USARNORTH-Crips.pdf

CaliforniaLiberal
01-31-2012, 7:48 PM
This was all 4 months ago. Any reports of Crips shooting soldiers in uniform?

Feels like an urban myth.

camron882
01-31-2012, 7:52 PM

not that we know of but i was just asking. i dont think DoD would send out a FOUO document if it werent something to consider. figure id ask...guess ill have to wait till i move back to fresyes

Gray Peterson
01-31-2012, 7:56 PM
Not good causable. Says right there in that's it's in Lawton, OK.

hefedehefe
01-31-2012, 7:58 PM
:popcorn:

camron882
01-31-2012, 8:00 PM
Just wondering due to EVERYONE in DoD was put on alert, that specific post was not the one issued to us here. It was just an example

OleCuss
01-31-2012, 8:07 PM
I'm really not sure that the Crips are really that stupid.

If the Crips really did declare war on the military they might start figuring out that our combat soldiers are (in many cases) highly skilled at killing terrorist types and at staying concealed while doing it. You could have the gang starting to die off in a variety of ways and they might never realize it was not another gang doing it.

Snipers, SF, line infantry, etc. Their only problem is that they would likely have to operate as small cells for security purposes and that would limit the effectiveness somewhat. And no, the command structure would not be friendly to the operation or conduct it - but they might not try very hard to stop it, either.

And one further note? If I were conducting the operation I'd probably knock off a few Crips as well as a few members of competing gangs. Let them kill each other off and do just enough yourself to keep the gang war at a fever pitch - then eliminate any effectives who remain at the end.

ScottB
01-31-2012, 8:14 PM
The threat stems from when the soldiers, in retaliation for drug rip off, entered the off-post residence of the CRIPS, robbed and subsequently shot some of the CRIPS members.

Huh?

nyj09
01-31-2012, 8:22 PM
Too bad the DoD doesn't give the military the green light to take out the crips.

OleCuss
01-31-2012, 8:23 PM
Not everyone in the armed forces is a good and upstanding citizen. . .

camron882
01-31-2012, 8:26 PM
Not everyone in the armed forces is a good and upstanding citizen. . .

agreed, a major problem in 2011-2012 is gang members in the military....well lookslike this isnt GC and if it was it may be too late...o well it was just a thought

Paul S
01-31-2012, 8:35 PM
agreed, a major problem in 2011-2012 is gang members in the military....well lookslike this isnt GC and if it was it may be too late...o well it was just a thought

When you get home keep in mind the Fresno County Sheriff is pretty straightforward about issuing LTC's. Granted there is paper work, an interview and a waiting period but the Dept. is considered LTC friendly.

camron882
01-31-2012, 8:38 PM
Ya I will have a ref letter from my buddy cause I will be assisting in cleaning and assessing homes after they are foreclosed on. We have walked in on some scary people and after that all the top employees have CCWs. So I'd have a great GC

Scott Connors
01-31-2012, 9:39 PM
I'm really not sure that the Crips are really that stupid.

If the Crips really did declare war on the military they might start figuring out that our combat soldiers are (in many cases) highly skilled at killing terrorist types and at staying concealed while doing it. You could have the gang starting to die off in a variety of ways and they might never realize it was not another gang doing it.

Snipers, SF, line infantry, etc. Their only problem is that they would likely have to operate as small cells for security purposes and that would limit the effectiveness somewhat. And no, the command structure would not be friendly to the operation or conduct it - but they might not try very hard to stop it, either.

And one further note? If I were conducting the operation I'd probably knock off a few Crips as well as a few members of competing gangs. Let them kill each other off and do just enough yourself to keep the gang war at a fever pitch - then eliminate any effectives who remain at the end.

When I was in the Army I had several friends in the Ranger Rgt and they passed along a story about a crackhouse that opened across the street from the house of one of their platoon sergeants. Hilarious hijinks ensued.

Dhena81
01-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Sounds like the Crips are terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.

jeff762
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
When I was in the Army I had several friends in the Ranger Rgt and they passed along a story about a crackhouse that opened across the street from the house of one of their platoon sergeants. Hilarious hijinks ensued.

was that in tacoma, wa in the late 80's?

duggan
02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
We had an incident while I was at Ft. Hood involving the Folks and Gangster Disciples, I was on the security detail (SRT) that took Spc. Green (shot caller/governor) to and from the jail off post to her trial on post. Our Provost Martial issued the military equivalent of an LTC to us allowing us to carry in civi.'s, luckily (for them or us too I guess) nothing happened.

Mulay El Raisuli
02-01-2012, 5:11 AM
as far as i know its FOUO, and yes it went out a few months ago but is still not been given the all clear for us....some of us only have so much to use for a GC

What's FOUO mean?

And Crips? In Oklahoma????

The Raisuli

tcd511
02-01-2012, 5:13 AM
So with a threat against U.S. military personel does that not change their status from gang to a terrorist organization? Subjecting them to being shipped off to gitmo?

davbog44
02-01-2012, 5:52 AM

I noticed your location on your post says both San Diego and Fresno. My semi educated guess is that it would not suffice as GC in San Diego. SD County is no longer a friendly place for the issuance of permits.

On the other hand, I believe that Fresno accepts personal protection as GC, or at the very least does not have as high of a bar relating to GC statements.

PCPerks
02-01-2012, 6:42 AM
What's FOUO mean?

For Official Use Only, normally means it isn't supposed to be dissemenated to the general public. But it isn't protected.

greasemonkey
02-01-2012, 7:03 AM
If you consider pissing on the obligation to accept and due process to approve/deny applications (unless you know someone high enough in the department and can get right in) they only deny your rights for a year or so, whenever they feel like getting around to processing your application, one day per month at a time.

When you get home keep in mind the Fresno County Sheriff is pretty straightforward about issuing LTC's. Granted there is paper work, an interview and a waiting period but the Dept. is considered LTC friendly.

Decoligny
02-01-2012, 7:58 AM
Huh?

A group of scumbags, who happened to also be active duty military, decided that it would be a good idea to rob the local CRIP drug dealers. The broke into the CRIP drug house, shot a couple of CRIPs, and stole the drugs and money. CRIPs didn't like the competition, so decided (locally in Lawton) to green light the shooting of any Military members in retaliation.

ScottB
02-01-2012, 8:09 AM
A group of scumbags, who happened to also be active duty military, decided that it would be a good idea to rob the local CRIP drug dealers. The broke into the CRIP drug house, shot a couple of CRIPs, and stole the drugs and money. CRIPs didn't like the competition, so decided (locally in Lawton) to green light the shooting of any Military members in retaliation.

I got it, but I didn't get all the talk about good cause for CCW. The soldiers were bad actors who initiated a blood feud. Hard cases make bad law.

Things like this were predicted when the military loosened their recruiting requirements a few years ago in order to meet quotas. If the military takes a hard line, sends these clowns to Leavenworth in short order and makes it known they are doing hard labor for the forseeable future, I'd think a pack of gang bangers would rethink escalating it and bringing the wrath of the military as well as federal, state and local LE down hard on them. It would be bad for business.

Uxi
02-01-2012, 8:34 AM
Course, that begs the question why it takes them 'crossing the line' before it brings down said wrath. Sounds like these thugs should be in jail for their 'ordinary' activities. Along with the scumbag enlistees.

morfeeis
02-01-2012, 8:36 AM

I also call BS.....

lhecker51
02-01-2012, 8:43 AM
I'm really not sure that the Crips are really that stupid.....

To clear up any uncertainty, yes, they really are that stupid. Even though they are that stupid, as evidenced by their threat, they can still be dangerous. Never underestimate stupid people in large groups.

Suvorov
02-01-2012, 8:50 AM

I remember this story as well!

ja308
02-01-2012, 8:59 AM

Could be
Street gangs are really selective as to who they shoot .

Decoligny
02-01-2012, 9:02 AM
I got it, but I didn't get all the talk about good cause for CCW. The soldiers were bad actors who initiated a blood feud. Hard cases make bad law.

Things like this were predicted when the military loosened their recruiting requirements a few years ago in order to meet quotas. If the military takes a hard line, sends these clowns to Leavenworth in short order and makes it known they are doing hard labor for the forseeable future, I'd think a pack of gang bangers would rethink escalating it and bringing the wrath of the military as well as federal, state and local LE down hard on them. It would be bad for business.

The OP is an Active Duty military member stationed in San Diego. He wanted to know if a DoD Nationwide Threat memo would work as HIS good cause statement. Since the Crips are a nationwide gang, the warning was sent out nation wide, even though the incident was a local Lawton, Oklahoma issue.

Untamed1972
02-01-2012, 9:38 AM
So with a threat against U.S. military personel does that not change their status from gang to a terrorist organization? Subjecting them to being shipped off to gitmo?

Crips might be loud-mouthed A-holes, but I dont think they're stupid enough to take on the US Military. They'd hafta know that doing such a thing would get them quickly pounded into the ground.....like the fist of an angry god!

And yes....I think such a thing would quickly get them classified as a domestic terrorist group......not that they basically shouldn't be already classified as such along with all the other street gangs.

lhecker51
02-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Crips might be loud-mouthed A-holes, but I dont think they're stupid enough to take on the US Military......

You are giving the Crips too much credit. They really are stupid. The Crips have had a history of targeting military personnel. Before I retired, they were stealing assault weapons from soldiers that were training in Ft Irwin. They were captured before they could exit the training area via the desert back forty.

Gang-bangers are stupid. When they enter the military and continue to be gang-bangers, it is only a matter of time before they are thrown out or imprisoned. As a platoon sergeant, I had a couple of them over my military career and both of them were thrown out after they did their time in Leavenworth: One for distribution of narcotics and the other for armed robbery and participating in a drive-by shooting. They were both active gang-bangers with the Latin Kings and the Crips.

One of the infantry units at Ft Ord had supposedly "lost" two M16's and could not account for seven blocks of C4. The weapons and explosives were recovered from a local gang and a soldier was convicted and went to prison for the theft. There is a HUGE history of weapons and explosive thefts by active duty gang-bangers that end up on the streets. In all cases that I know of, the civilian gang-bangers are tried in federal courts and sent to federal prisons if they are involved in receiving stolen military weapons and explosives.

lhecker51
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
The DoD vehicle registration stickers are an easy way to identify military folks. The problem is that they don't know the difference between active military and retired status. My car was vandalized on the UCSB campus by anti-military students because of this. I was on campus as a network engineering consultant.

Decoligny
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
The DoD vehicle registration stickers are an easy way to identify military folks. The problem is that they don't know the difference between active military and retired status. My car was vandalized on the UCSB campus by anti-military students because of this. I was on campus as a network engineering consultant.

The Air Force is no longer using the stickers.

It is just proper OPSEC.

They now do 100% ID check at the gates, and you are subject to random registration, insurances, and DL checks any time you stop at the gate.

I really hate it when I see license plates that read "F35 FLYR" or "USAF COL". Why would you want the general public, which includes bad guys, to know that you are a high level officer, or that you work with high priority weapons systems.

Wherryj
02-01-2012, 2:00 PM

This most likely isn't an urban legend. The DoD doesn't usually propagate chain letters, etc.

However, I have no doubt that we would have heard about any reports of Crips shooting military personnel. It would be hard to miss the news stories about every Crip in the country suddenly dropping dead of lead poisoning.

The Crips may THINK that they are bad *****, but those who serve our country in uniform ARE. That would be anything but a fair fight.

Scott Connors
02-01-2012, 2:14 PM

Yes it was.

Massan
02-01-2012, 2:17 PM
Yes the military has a gang problem which higher ups aren't really doing much about. But if some random gang really wanted to "declare war" on any/all active duty personnel there will definitely be some "blood on the streets". I see a bunch of random GIs getting jumped/killed before big military reacts(by restricting AD to base or curfew) but there will also be a part of the mil that won't take that BS on our homefront.

LeatherNuts
02-01-2012, 2:18 PM
Anyone have any specifics on who published this letter? I continue to see DoD being thrown around, but I have yet to see or hear anything on the Marine Corps or Navy side of the house. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just thinking that this letter was written further down the chain and was expected to have a narrow audience.

LeatherNuts
02-01-2012, 2:20 PM
.....but there will also be a part of the mil that won't take that BS on our homefront.

^ Like this guy.

camron882
02-01-2012, 2:34 PM
i have the document, will post when i get home..it includes SPECIFICLY LA and San Diego

proclone1
02-01-2012, 2:47 PM
What's FOUO mean?

And Crips? In Oklahoma????

The Raisuli

Seriously, I can sort of understand why gangs exist/come-about in ghetto Los Angeles/South-Central. But come on, Oklahoma?? "Hey man you disrespectin' my chicken friend steak?!?" Do they refer to money in drug deals as "Okra"? [I know major gangs are actually national organizations but it's still funny. And no offense to OK, chicken fried steak and okra is delicious]

I want to read about Bloods in Alaska.

camron882
02-01-2012, 3:06 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/PURVNM/00befb24.jpg

LeatherNuts
02-01-2012, 3:33 PM
I'll try and check it when I get home. Military internet is blocking the links.

Blood Ocean
02-01-2012, 3:57 PM
Bs up Cs down

camron882
02-01-2012, 5:28 PM
Bs up Cs down

HUH

vincewarde
02-01-2012, 5:45 PM
Sounds like the Crips are terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.

If this were true, the US military, along with FBI and all the rest of the Federal alphabet would be all over them. They would be sitting in Gitmo or dead.

Why? Because one of the greatest dangers we face is terrorists allying themselves with gangs to conduct ops in the US.

Ibgreezy
02-01-2012, 5:56 PM
Hey Blood Ocean, you forgot to use the cents sign, lol. I know at least 10 bangers from my neighborhood who are vets. Going to war was natural to them.

shooterfpga
02-01-2012, 6:12 PM

uhhhh it was later retracted from what i recall MONTHS ago during the initial fud wars. not to mention that its not credible. if you recall the facts, a few scum in the military decided to rob a drug dealer next door. all of em are now behind bars. the end.

shooterfpga
02-01-2012, 6:14 PM
This most likely isn't an urban legend. The DoD doesn't usually propagate chain letters, etc.

However, I have no doubt that we would have heard about any reports of Crips shooting military personnel. It would be hard to miss the news stories about every Crip in the country suddenly dropping dead of lead poisoning.

The Crips may THINK that they are bad *****, but those who serve our country in uniform ARE. That would be anything but a fair fight.

this was circulated among all .mil intranet. its not some myth chain mail, it was just a warning. because of what happened in oklahoma.

Tarn_Helm
02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Bs up Cs down

All slobs and crabs should be used for live-ammo stationary target practice.

Cali-Shooter
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
If the military ever had to have self-protection measures for it's members against lowlife scum like crippies or other gangbangers, the only thing holding the servicemen back would be the crooks in Sac and the crooks in Washington.

Mulay El Raisuli
02-02-2012, 5:43 AM
For Official Use Only, normally means it isn't supposed to be dissemenated to the general public. But it isn't protected.

Thanks.

The Raisuli

Bobby Hated
02-02-2012, 9:46 PM
crip gangs are not a coherent organization. each gang is a seperate entity and sets its own policy independant of other crip affiliated gangs. there is no national or even city-wide crip leadership structure. in fact the biggest killer of crips are other crips.

so how can there be any universal policy applicable to all crips, when each crip gang is independant of every other crip gang? it just doesnt pass the common sense test.

shooterfpga
02-02-2012, 9:52 PM
crip gangs are not a coherent organization. each gang is a seperate entity and sets its own policy independant of other crip affiliated gangs. there is no national or even city-wide crip leadership structure. in fact the biggest killer of crips are other crips.

so how can there be any universal policy applicable to all crips, when each crip gang is independant of every other crip gang? it just doesnt pass the common sense test.

this is why the initial alert had no merit at all and most people who had access to the alert memo didnt give it a second thought on ignoring it.

jeff762
02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes it was.

i heard about that incident. i wonder what happened to the soldier(s) involved. the court of public opinion was not very kind to the tacoma police dept for their handling of it.

lhecker51
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Crips might be loud-mouthed A-holes, but I dont think they're stupid enough to take on the US Military. They'd hafta know that doing such a thing would get them quickly pounded into the ground.....like the fist of an angry god!

And yes....I think such a thing would quickly get them classified as a domestic terrorist group......not that they basically shouldn't be already classified as such along with all the other street gangs.

There is only one problem with that statement: You cannot defend yourself if you are unarmed. Please note that many military installations have an outright ban of firearms. One great example is the Navy in San Diego. If you are married or live off base, you may have firearms but single sailors that reside on base must maintain their firearms at an off base facility or residence. All of my son's firearms are in my gun safe. The military effectively only trusts a service member to kill the enemy while they are in combat, but they are not to be trusted any other time. I am a retired combat vet with over 20 years of service.

You see, as a leader in the Army, I was informed that the rationale for the policy is to ensure the safety of all service members. Interpret that how you like, the fact remains that our own government ensures that they will be victims of terrorist attack by taking away their right to bear arms unless you can keep the weapon off base. I do not know about you, but as a single service member, you cannot afford to live off base. The reality is that many service members are effectively denied their rights by regulations that make it impossible to bear arms once they leave the gate of the base.

Ft Carson tried to enforce a regulation to register and maintain ALL privately owned weapons in unit arms room regardless if you lived off base in your own home. The process is that you would have to request permission to draw your weapon from the arms room if you wanted to go to the range. This regulation was challenged by the NRA and was rescinded.

Many anti-gun groups are now challenging the right of active and prior service members to own guns if they were ever treated for PTSD or seen by a shrink. As we all know, every one of us was required to go through psychological screening when we came back from Iraq regardless if we suffered from PTSD or not. I will not go into my own personal details as it may lead to weapons confiscation in the future although I am 100% mentally fine.

The absolute scum of the earth here in the US have victimized law abiding military personnel at every base I have EVER been stationed at in the US. My wife was assaulted while I was deployed on Operation Just Cause in Panama by a criminal that KNEW I was gone.

In summary, I would not worry about our military service members safety as much IF they were allowed to defend themselves against thugs and terrorists. The fact that there is an ACTIVE threat from not only the Crips, but Islamic terrorists against military installations and personnel should not be taken lightly as it is unrealistic to dismiss the threat because it is a bunch of "punk Crips" threatening our "Mighty Military" when our military is disarmed when not in combat.

Although I appreciate your confidence in our service members training, it does no good when they have no defense against armed thugs and terrorists HERE IN THE USA WHERE THEY LIVE!

As a retired service member, I am not even given consideration for my service and training and have been denied a CCW in the past after my wife was assaulted. I am currently applying again.

I will say again, that as a retired Amy combat leader, I have military vehicle registration stickers that are required for entrance to Navy, Army, and Marine installations. Only the Air Force has done away with the registration sticker requirement. It is this registration sticker that sticks out like a sore thumb to any anti-military threat and is used to identify targets the same way terrorists in Germany targeted US military personnel by the license plates on our POV's back in the '70's. I am a proud Combat Leader and my vehicle reflects that. I should not have to hide this and cower because of punks. I am more than willing and feel it as an obligation to confront any threat that is posed to me because of my status as a combat vet and nor should any of our service members! I will always be a warrior and am proud of it.

ConcernedCitizen
02-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Seriously, I can sort of understand why gangs exist/come-about in ghetto Los Angeles/South-Central. But come on, Oklahoma?? "Hey man you disrespectin' my chicken friend steak?!?" Do they refer to money in drug deals as "Okra"? [I know major gangs are actually national organizations but it's still funny. And no offense to OK, chicken fried steak and okra is delicious]

I want to read about Bloods in Alaska.

I recall driving through Omaha, Nebraska in 1998 and hearing on the radio that it was then the country's hotspot for gang violence. Why? The gangs were in competition to develop new markets for their drug sales. Wherever the drugs go, the gangs follow. Our fair country is riddled with them.

Doheny
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
What's FOUO mean?

For Official Use Only

Generally applied to information that maybe sensitive and not meant for the general public, but does not rate a security classification such as Secret, Top Secret, etc.

oldsmoboat
02-03-2012, 2:19 PM
I don't miss Lawton.