PDA

View Full Version : Did I screw up on my C&R

vacabill
01-31-2012, 4:52 PM
I sent in the forms for my C&R, a few days later I sent in the forms for COE and fingerprints from live scan.

Today I got a letter from CA DOJ, stating that the FBI refused my application, because the fingerprints were not clear enough or in the wrong order and to resubmit with new prints.

If I don't want the COE and don't return the form, will that effect my C&R application? I know they are two separate enities. Wonder if I have to pay all those fees again for the prints
http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/vacabill/?action=view&current=rejectletter012.jpg

Mr.Sandman
01-31-2012, 5:04 PM
I sent in the forms for my C&R, a few days later I sent in the forms for COE and fingerprints from live scan.

Today I got a letter from CA DOJ, stating that the FBI refused my application, because the fingerprints were not clear enough or in the wrong order and to resubmit with new prints.

If I don't want the COE and don't return the form, will that effect my C&R application? I know they are two separate enities. Wonder if I have to pay all those fees again for the prints

I would go back to wherever you got your livescan fingerprints done and show them the letter and tell them to redo it. Might as well finish it at this point, and then just let your COE expire if you dont want/need it in the future.

The order you do it does not matter, although a COE is worthless without a C&R license, and even with one people debate its worth :p

C&Rtrader
01-31-2012, 5:44 PM
It will not effect your C&R application. (read: should not) They are separate agencies.

I agree with the above poster. Whoever did your live scan owes you a new one. Bring them the letter.

C&R has much value without a COE
COE has little without a C&R

Dr.Mauser
02-01-2012, 12:26 AM
How much all together does getting your C&R and COE done...also if I've aleady had a live scan done for a firearms lisence do I have to pay for it again for my COE?

emcon5
02-01-2012, 5:44 AM
I never saw enough benefit to a COE to bother with it. On the extremely off chance I see a C&R in a retail store I want that is priced at what I would be willing to pay, I'll just suck it up and do the 10 day wait.

So far that has not happened.

I also am not much in to collecting pistols, so the 1 in 30 exception isn't all that useful to me. Not enough to justify the expense, hassle.

vacabill
02-01-2012, 5:54 AM
I know that the C&R and COE are different enities, if I just forget redoing the COE any chance the people in both departments, contact each other and say " he didnt pass the FBI fingerprint, so we will deny his C&R" any chance of that happening, after all its the Gov't

C&Rtrader
02-01-2012, 6:14 AM
I would guess very little chance of them denying your C&R because of that. especially if they see the reason.

that being said I would take that letter down to the livescan place and make some noise

vacabill
02-01-2012, 6:33 AM
I am today, it cost me $94.00 for the live scan I dont want to have to pay all that money again

badbobgerman
02-01-2012, 6:38 AM
will a cdl hazmat live fingerprint scan do for a coe? or does anyone know ?

TheExpertish
02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I am today, it cost me $94.00 for the live scan I dont want to have to pay all that money again

You shouldn't if they rejected their part of the job.

will a cdl hazmat live fingerprint scan do for a coe? or does anyone know ?

No.

littlejake
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM

You do not have to pay for a rescan. It's the operators fault. Take the letter and a copy of your original livescan back to the same place -- they have to redo it free. This is their failure -- not yours! Yes, it's a pain to spend the time being scanned again -- but time is all you should be out. Plus, I imagine it will put you back at the end of the line for the COE which is taking about 8 weeks right now.

ATF just uses the National NICS check to determine you eligibility for an FFL-3 C&R. No prints required.

vacabill
02-01-2012, 2:14 PM
Thanks Everyone
Called DOJ and she said, she rejected 7 last week, and usually its only 1 a week and that there should be no more charges and the main reason was the prints were out of sequence

littlejake
02-01-2012, 6:07 PM
Thanks Everyone
Called DOJ and she said, she rejected 7 last week, and usually its only 1 a week and that there should be no more charges and the main reason was the prints were out of sequence

Now that makes sense. The computer can judge a poor roll and flag it to the operator -- but it cannot tell the operator that he's rolling the wrong finger.

Sounds like it will work out for you.