PDA

View Full Version : FFL will SSE AR/AK pistols but not 'traditional' pistols ???

greasemonkey
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I've encountered several FFL's around me who will do SSE's on AR's and a few will with AK's but they won't with a Gen4 Glock or any other traditional off-roster pistol...I simply do not understand this reasoning.

I'm not really worried about it, as I'll just go see Jeff, Wes or Mike (and likewise refer people to them) but what gives?? A few have opened up and said the DOJ "wants" to shut down PRK over it and have so been advised not to get into doing SSE's on 'normal' handguns. (which they also "wanted" to do with Wes kicking off the OLL-movement)

wildhawker
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
There's really no good reason to not do SSE transactions (especially if you're doing it for AR/AK-platform firearms); the FFL is [assuming no AW implications] simply selling a Roster-exempt handgun.

FFLs should be confident that CGF and Cal-FFL will stand behind them on SSE given that they adhere to the standards/procedures expressed by Bill, Gene, Wes, and me (and many other forum participants and FFLs).

-Brandon

halifax
01-31-2012, 1:04 PM
I've encountered several FFL's around me who will do SSE's on AR's and a few will with AK's but they won't with a Gen4 Glock or any other traditional off-roster pistol...I simply do not understand this reasoning.

I'm not really worried about it, as I'll just go see Jeff, Wes or Mike (and likewise refer people to them) but what gives?? A few have opened up and said the DOJ "wants" to shut down PRK over it and have so been advised not to get into doing SSE's on 'normal' handguns. ] (which they also "wanted" to do with Wes kicking off the OLL-movement)

Any truth to this or are they making it up?

tenpercentfirearms
01-31-2012, 1:16 PM
Any truth to this or are they making it up?

Some of the alphabet agencies supposedly have it out for PRK. Note they are still in operation and do you really think it is because they are selling SSE pistols? I honestly don't really know why or care, I just do my own business by the book and hope everyone else does the same. Again, note PRK is still in business.

kemasa
01-31-2012, 2:02 PM
I would guess the reason that some places won't do the SSE for pistols is that you need a replacement barrel, whereas with an AK or AR you don't.

INDABZ
02-01-2012, 2:12 PM
It would seem like there is a lot more work involved to do the SSE pistols correctly....plus all the various barrels needed to cover the most popular styles.

Single shot ARs...pop top on....pop top off....much simpler procedure.

Plus as usual people want the stuff on the cheap so, its gotta be worth the time and effort.

stix213
02-01-2012, 3:40 PM
Maybe this is because doing an SSE on an AR/AK pistol is super easy compared to a gen4 Glock, and they just don't want to deal with any extra hassle?