PDA

View Full Version : Kinda building a K98

Dr.Mauser
01-31-2012, 1:00 AM
So I stumbled across an add in shotgun news for k98 barreled actions and also for k98 stocks with all the metal included. Is it more economical to go this way rather then buying aa full rifle, and worth the game of chance, my goal is to have a pre-war/ early war (1936-1940) K98 matching isn't really a huge factor tbh.

big103
01-31-2012, 1:03 AM
If this is one of those rguns deal post pics everyone has talked about them but no one has ordered one. Would like to see what it looks like.

emcon5
01-31-2012, 7:13 AM
You sent off your C&R Application, right?

Right?

:)

Dr.Mauser
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't get paid till friday, then yes, lol yes I will. And rguns is selling them for cheap cheap.

Dr.Mauser
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
I want a German Mauser, not a Turk, Yugo or Brazilian. German Mausers are my forte, its the history behind these rifle that I love.

SKSer45
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I want a German Mauser, not a Turk, Yugo or Brazilian. German Mausers are my forte, its the history behind these rifle that I love.

God bless you child.

Yup +1 on Rguns. Buddy of mine just built his and it looks great! shoots well too.

Sampachi
01-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Probably more trouble versus savings. Best to go after a complete rifle. If you plan to do some gun smithing, it might be a good starter project.

emcon5
01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
God bless you child.

Yup +1 on Rguns. Buddy of mine just built his and it looks great! shoots well too.

So your buddy bought a Mauser action and stock from R-Guns? Can you elaborate to the condition? Photos would be great.

Thanks,

SKSer45
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
So your buddy bought a Mauser action and stock from R-Guns? Can you elaborate to the condition? Photos would be great.

Thanks,

Well he bought the Mauser action but not ze stock. He put some bubba stock and modified for his hunting needs but it feels and shoots like a regular mauser. I will have to ask him for some photos.

Barrel and rifling was good, you can clearly see the Waffenamts on the barrel. If my memory serves me correct it was a DOT 44 or 43 stamped on the barrel. No rust or any knicks. I do know when we showed it to me in person that he had to do a little work on the bolt action to smooth it down a bit. I dunno if that was his preference or what but the action was smooth, trigger was nice and the recoil was on par with the Mauser.

Probably not a good a idea for purist to see it though because he did Frankenstein it a bit.

Pete1979
01-31-2012, 8:45 PM

I have a 1908 Brazilian 7mm, it was made in Germany on a DWM action... Also saw a full length swede the other day made in 1900 at Orbendorf, may have to pick it up as both of mine are short rifles...

Dr.Mauser
02-01-2012, 1:22 AM
I'm wanting a German K98 used by the German armed forces during the second world war. Its kind of a family thing...my grandfather carried one, so I'm very into the history of these rifles for that reason.