PDA

View Full Version : Robert Venkus- FFL in Sacramento

methos713
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi guys,

I just got a called from Robert Venkus's daughter saying he passed away last week. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they have any current transaction going on with Robert (Forensic Studies Group / FFL). One of Robert's friend, Bruce Gray of Gray Guns is helping to get any outstanding transaction completed. Bruce's number is 541-468-3844. He'll be in CA until tomorrow.

Anyways, hopefully my transaction will get squared away. My order is being transfered to Golden State Tactical in Fair Oaks.

RIP Robert...

rbetts
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM
We should have Robert's Guns by the end of this week. Anybody with an open DROS can call us to get their gun picked up. Condolences to the Venkus family.

Norcal Industries
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
ouch, i had used him over a decade ago, out at his house in south sac, real nice guy.

asintado
04-24-2012, 5:05 PM
Bob Venkus was a kind person. I was one of his younger clientele and he always took the time to walk me through the process. He even shared a bit of his collection with me from time to time. Many of his loyal customer will also remember his (ginormous) Bengal cat. I was trying to reach him a while ago and wondered why I didn't get a response. This truly saddens me to hear of his passing. I apologize for the tardiness but condolences to Bob Venkus' family.

3GunFunShooter
04-25-2012, 8:09 AM
Bob did my ASI custom Mini 14 in 2005. Great guy. RIP Bob.

RDinSacto
04-25-2012, 8:21 AM
I had used Bob three times for FFL transactions. He was good to do business with and a gentleman.

ineverlearn
05-02-2012, 6:45 PM
Knew Bob for many years, starting with USPSA matches in the mid-90's. Generous with his knowledge and his time, Bob was a good friend and businessman. With his passing there is one less good guy on this planet.

Rest in Peace Bob - you will be missed by many.
Blake