PDA

View Full Version : LTC carriers heads up : TSA @ bus and train stations

Deadbolt
01-30-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/28/travel/tsa-vipr-passenger-train-searches/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

The expansion comes after intelligence from Osama bin Laden's Pakistan compound revealed al Qaeda plans to target U.S. rail systems on the tenth anniversary of 9/11.
At a time when TSA airport searches are unpopular among many air travelers, civil liberties groups say VIPR's joint participation with local police in "warrantless" searches have been "flying under the radar" in violation of constitutional protections. Transit police say it helps them better guard against attacks like those that have hit Madrid, London and Moscow since 2004.

more at the link

seems like a potential hassle for LTC carriers - id imagine the dogs would take note

Mesa Tactical
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Transit police say it helps them better guard against attacks like those that have hit Madrid, London and Moscow since 2004.

You know, if we just got rid of habeas corpus and the Fourth through Sixth Amendments, law enforcement's job would be a lot easier. Maybe we need to lose the Eighth Amendment too.

You know, for the children.

Ron-Solo
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Dupe

:dupe:

:beatdeadhorse5:

Deadbolt
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
my apologies search yielded no results :(

POLICESTATE
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
So where is the dupe thread?

I feel like dupe alerts should also include a link to the dupe thread. It's nice :)

Munk
01-30-2012, 5:05 PM
Didn't we lose some ground in order to gain travel protections sometime back?

I feel like dupe alerts should also include a link to the dupe thread. It's nice :)

I believe that etiquette requires this.

LoneWolf1
01-30-2012, 5:21 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=515585

Clinton
01-30-2012, 6:17 PM
my apologies search yielded no results :(

...and it never will. The one and only thing that totally sucks about this site is the "search" feature.