PDA

View Full Version : Anti's Shooting Themselves in the Foot with Starbucks Boycott

steve91104
01-29-2012, 4:03 PM
I think the anti-gun lobby's boycott of Starbucks will work against them. Here's my logic:

Most anti-gun voters are sheeple.

Sheeple are more susceptible than strong-minded people, to addiction.

Coffee is an addiction.

Denying the sheeple their addiction will anger the sheeple.

Discuss.

manuelcardenas77
01-29-2012, 4:06 PM
And where did u come up with this logic?

G60
01-29-2012, 4:08 PM
It's simpler than that.

Nobody really gives a **** about anti-gun causes anymore besides a few zealots.

HowardW56
01-29-2012, 4:11 PM
It's simpler than that.

And politicians....

radioman
01-29-2012, 4:16 PM
Sheeple follow the herd, as the tide turns we are the herd and this boycott is our chance to prove it. In the words of sheriff Bart, "lets wipe them out".

DannyInSoCal
01-29-2012, 4:18 PM
On the day it's scheduled -

I'm going to spend $$ at Starbucks -

And I don't even drink coffee....

tonelar
01-29-2012, 4:21 PM
What's the boycot date?

Connor P Price
01-29-2012, 4:28 PM
It's simpler than that.

^This. We outnumber them by a huge margin.

What's the boycot date?

Feb 14th. Happy Valentines Day Brady's!

kaligaran
01-29-2012, 4:29 PM
I believe the day to go to starbucks is 2/14.

emsalex
01-29-2012, 4:30 PM
I worked at a starbucks in pleasanton, and as a former caffeine dealer I can tell you the people I saw every day(some time twice ) will be at a starbucks on that date no matter how they feel about any issue including guns,

Andy Taylor
01-29-2012, 4:36 PM
I will be spending money ther on the 14th.

Yes I think and hope this will backfire on them.

mes227
01-29-2012, 4:37 PM
I think the anti-gun lobby's boycott of Starbucks will work against them. Here's my logic:

Coffee is an addiction.

Discuss.

I'm not sure I buy your logic but I definitely buy your conclusion.

m03
01-29-2012, 4:40 PM

This.

I'm planning on dropping $50 for random goodies there on our day, and I don't even drink the stuff :)

Sonic_mike
01-29-2012, 4:41 PM
I support local business over big chain when I can, but that day I will be buying a coffee and breakfast.

d4v0s
01-29-2012, 4:47 PM
I was under the impression that Starbucks has said "we dont support the war or anyone in it". I just checked Snopes and it turns out that was complete BS and more internet junk thats regurgitated almost weekly.

Starbucks will be getting some of my money on the boycott date. Additionally I will open carry a banana in a holster to make it known what side i'm from.

Quser.619
01-29-2012, 5:47 PM
Already planned on getting up & getting the Mrs. coffee & will grab something else throughout the day.

winnre
01-29-2012, 5:58 PM
I'm in. I have not bought anything at Starbucks for over a year so I will make up for in on 2/14. When I give them my credit card they'll ask for ID, then they'll get my CCW. :patriot:

proclone1
01-29-2012, 6:39 PM

Coffee is an addiction.

Discuss.

2 cups of coffee in the morning gives me the strength to deal with sheeple who think they are strong-minded people.

SamsDX
01-29-2012, 6:46 PM
I also get a kick out of the irony in the date they selected - in some professional circles, February 14 is 1911 Day. On February 14, 2012 I'll be celebrating the 101st anniversary of the issuance of U.S. Pat. No. 984,519 (http://www.google.com/patents?vid=984519), which, coincidentally, also was a Tuesday. What a great way to re-affirm our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the spirit of John Moses Browning.

HowardW56
01-29-2012, 6:56 PM
I also get a kick out of the irony in the date they selected - in some professional circles, February 14 is 1911 Day. On February 14, 2012 I'll be celebrating the 101st anniversary of the issuance of U.S. Pat. No. 984,519 (http://www.google.com/patents?vid=984519), which, coincidentally, also was a Tuesday. What a great way to re-affirm our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the spirit of John Moses Browning.

:cool:

winnre
01-29-2012, 6:59 PM

And I thought I was a trivia nut!

Moto
01-29-2012, 7:00 PM
I'm planning on going Starbucks that day at least 3 times :)

njineermike
01-29-2012, 7:01 PM
I hate starbucks coffee, but 2/14/2012 they get my business. Not so much as a show up support to starbucks as it is one small kick in the testicles to the anti-gun zealots. I'd go to a gay strip club and give them money on that date if it pissed the busy body zealots off.

SamsDX
01-29-2012, 7:09 PM
And I thought I was a trivia nut!

Well, I have a slight unfair advantage when it comes to that, since patents are my day job. :D

Patent are issued/published every Tuesday, since that's the day the Official Gazette is published.

In any case, more the reason to support our efforts to send a message to firearms prohibitionists on February 14, is it not? :)

winnre
01-29-2012, 7:15 PM
I just know Tuesday is Porridge Day. (http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wallace-and-gromit-script-shave.html)

Seeker
01-29-2012, 7:45 PM
That day im going to Starbucks :D

tonelar
01-29-2012, 8:02 PM
I support local business over big chain when I can, but that day I will be buying a coffee and breakfast.

Count me in as well... I'll buy my engine crew coffee and scones (haha).

masameet
01-29-2012, 9:37 PM
This will be the anti's third campaign.

In their first attempt, they failed miserably to make any noticeable dent. Because Starbucks ended 2010 with a revenue of $10.4 billion.

Last year, the anti's second attempt, Starbucks' revenue was $11.7 billion.

Anybody wanna guess what impact the anti's will have on Starbucks' revenue in 2012?

radioman
01-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I wonder if our brady trolls are seeing this?

On 2/14 we took a little trip, down to Starbucks to take a mighty sip, we got a little coffee and we got a little scone, and all the brady's were wining on the phone. they kept a coming and we kept a sipping, there weren't as many brady's as there was a whiled ago. we sipped once more and they stared running from the Starbucks to the California pizza store.

Goosebrown
01-30-2012, 4:11 AM
I will bet anyone that Starbucks doesn't even notice.

The Shadow
01-30-2012, 7:45 AM
I wonder if our brady trolls are seeing this?

On 2/14 we took a little trip, down to Starbucks to take a mighty sip, we got a little coffee and we got a little scone, and all the brady's were wining on the phone. they kept a coming and we kept a sipping, there weren't as many brady's as there was a whiled ago. we sipped once more and they stared running from the Starbucks to the California pizza store.

Johnny Horton would be proud. :oji:

Mesa Tactical
01-30-2012, 8:27 AM
On a more serious note, this should be a lesson to pro-gun folks not to engage in highly public broad grassroots activities that we are not SURE to win. These would include:

o Boycotts of anything mainstream (like denim jeans, pizza shops, etc).

o Protests at the state capitol building (we will look like idiots when a dozen guys show up, four of them wearing cowboy costumes and two in Rambo camo garb);

o Ballot initiatives that will go down in humiliating flames.

AragornElessar86
01-30-2012, 8:47 AM
On a more serious note, this should be a lesson to pro-gun folks not to engage in highly public broad grassroots activities that we are not SURE to win. These would include:

o Boycotts of anything mainstream (like denim jeans, pizza shops, etc).

o Protests at the state capitol building (we will look like idiots when a dozen guys show up, four of them wearing cowboy costumes and two in Rambo camo garb);

o Ballot initiatives that will go down in humiliating flames.

Amen!

You forgot:
Open carrying rifles in public places just to scare soccer moms.

highpowermatch
01-30-2012, 3:22 PM
I'm in, coffee and doughnuts. Will give my son some cash so he can hit Starbucks for an after school treat as well.

egDonald
01-30-2012, 5:49 PM
... Starbucks will be getting some of my money on the boycott date. Additionally I will open carry a banana in a holster to make it known what side i'm from.
haha! right on!

I will be at 1 or 2 Starbucks as well.
I will sport my nifty Coexist T-shirt

http://1389blog.com/pix/coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-thumb.png

although - i must wonder if Starbucks themselves are the ones behind the talk of "boycott" in attempt to bring forth a mastermind scheme to draw in more customers? haha!

stix213
01-30-2012, 5:52 PM
Will they still have peppermint mochas on the 14th? :D

welchy
01-30-2012, 6:00 PM
I have some gift cards that I have been carrying around for a while. I think I will use all of them on Valentine's day.

Adeodatus
01-30-2012, 6:04 PM
We should gather all of our receipts and put them in boxes. Then send them to Brady HQ lol!

Scott Connors
01-30-2012, 7:43 PM
This will be the anti's third campaign.

In their first attempt, they failed miserably to make any noticeable dent. Because Starbucks ended 2010 with a revenue of $10.4 billion.

Last year, the anti's second attempt, Starbucks' revenue was $11.7 billion.

Anybody wanna guess what impact the anti's will have on Starbucks' revenue in 2012?

Maybe we should buy Starbuck's stock?

steve91104
01-30-2012, 7:51 PM
And where did u come up with this logic?

Sometimes I just think funny things.

:smilielol5:

NoHeavyHitter
01-30-2012, 8:21 PM

Same here!! :)

Wouldn't it be cool if Starbucks made twice as much on the day of the boycott?

Uxi
01-30-2012, 9:01 PM
I rarely go there, but am going to shop there on the 14th!

Anchors
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm in. I'll get my coworkers and girlfriend to get some too. :]

masameet
01-31-2012, 1:39 PM
Maybe we should buy Starbuck's stock?

In 2010 Starbucks shareholders got back $945 million through dividends and share repurchases.

And yeah, *$ shares = :)

Unfortunately I ain't got none. :(

GOEX FFF
01-31-2012, 2:38 PM
It's funny that they chose valentines day to do a boycott since many people are out that night and will undoubtedly go for coffee. And it will most likely be SBUX they go to. My Wife and I will be among many sipping on SBUX coffee with a smile. :)

Goosebrown
01-31-2012, 2:42 PM
I might add that the people that hate guns and Starbucks already hated guns and Starbucks. Them boycotting is like me boycotting dates with Olivia Wilde or playing QB for the Patriots in the SuperBowl. I am simply not going to do those things till I get what I want... whatever that might be... And none of YOU can make me!

StratORcaster
01-31-2012, 2:44 PM
Hmmm. Valentines day. Coffee... Up all night may not be a bad plan.

GOEX FFF
01-31-2012, 3:01 PM
We should gather all of our receipts and put them in boxes. Then send them to Brady HQ lol!

This!
You or someone should make a thread here or OT to collect receipts on that day for just this.

Luieburger
01-31-2012, 3:53 PM
I don't drink coffee but I'll definitely stop by Starbucks on the 14th with some $2 bills.

Starbucks supports the 2nd Amendment, and they also support the gay marriage bill here in WA state. Right to marry, right to carry! Go Starbucks!

GOEX FFF
01-31-2012, 4:23 PM
I don't drink coffee but I'll definitely stop by Starbucks on the 14th with some $2 bills.

Starbucks supports the 2nd Amendment, and they also support the gay marriage bill here in WA state. Right to marry, right to carry! Go Starbucks!

Starbucks has a lot of other beverages than just coffee.
Their hot chocolate and iced teas are really good too.

mej16489
01-31-2012, 4:56 PM
This!
You or someone should make a thread here or OT to collect receipts on that day for just this.

I can't remember who, but someone from either CGN or CGF already mentioned that they will provide information about where to send receipts for the anti-boycott.

IntoForever
01-31-2012, 5:38 PM
I'll be going there a few times on that day just to say 'F you' to the anti crowd. If I see them outside, I'll make sure to wear an empty holster as well.

Zimz
01-31-2012, 6:38 PM
I just went to NGVAC web site and left this comment. Lets see if they post it, or do like the Brady's and censor any opposite opinions...

'Your comment is awaiting moderation.'
"Where do you think the NRA gets such a large budget? It’s from it’s MILLIONS of members nation wide. I am a proud member of the NRA- not because of their “marketing agenda”, but because they fight to keep our RIGHTS preserved from people and organizations like yours.
I truly am sorry for the loss so many people have felt at the hands of CRIMINALS. Those criminals should be punished harshly for those actions. The wrong thing to do is try to pass fear based laws that affect only the law abiding.
I know for a fact that your boycotts on companies like Starbucks is going to backfire. Starbucks’ policy is to follow local laws. They don’t pick sides. Your trying to force a national company to make a biased (and completely wrong) decision on a political issue is pathetic in the least. This is another attempt to make a “victim disarmament zone”."

InGrAM
01-31-2012, 9:20 PM
Starbucks here I come, feb 14th :D