PDA

View Full Version : Russian SKS Trigger Job?

BigStiCK
01-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey All,
Just picked up a nice '54 Tula. Decided to leave it as-is. Only thing I REALLY dont like about it is the trigger- absolutely terrible. Did a search, didnt find anything here.

Anyone know of a good place near San Diego that knows these rifles/ can do good trigger work?

That or some good tutorials on-line?

Anyone done this themselves?

Thanks!

-Stick
:patriot:

SureShot241
01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I am interested in the same thing!

Below.Zero
01-29-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpP4sfvWJlM

C&Rtrader
01-29-2012, 12:37 PM
this is the best $60 you will spend on an sks... this guy is awesome.
http://www.kivaari.com/

turn around can be a little slow at times but its worth it.

TRAP55
01-29-2012, 12:56 PM
this is the best $60 you will spend on an sks... this guy is awesome.
http://www.kivaari.com/

turn around can be a little slow at times but its worth it.
+1 on Kivaari

Blitzburgh
01-29-2012, 1:18 PM
+1 on Kivaari

Did he return the original parts to you that he changed out?

Just curious, would like to keep all of original parts together in case I sell one someday... or.... ?

BigStiCK
01-29-2012, 1:19 PM
Awesome!

Thanks!
:patriot:

TRAP55
01-29-2012, 1:42 PM

Just curious, would like to keep all of original parts together in case I sell one someday... or.... ?
Blitz, I cleaned up my own trigger on my Russian, my bud sent his to Kivaari. He does a very nice job, and he uses what you sent him. A complete replacement trigger group, to keep yours original, will run about $80. Send that to him and another $65 to have that worked over. Quote from his website:
The price of $59.95 + $5 shipping includes carefully cutting and changing YOUR sear/hammer geometry for a minimal, acceptable positive engagement. A Wolff sear and hammer spring are installed upon re-assembly. I tune the trigger spring myself. The safety function is effected with a minimal first stage. Anything that precludes smoothness is corrected by lapping, stoning, or filing as needed. Crooked disconnectors are straightened if needed.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 2:16 PM
+1 on Kivaari

+2 on Hivaari.

I believe he mails you back the original parts in a plastic bag. Its good stuff.

Now @ Blitz now I think the Para I gave had a trigger job down or its really light. That is the lightest trigger I have ever felt on an SKS.

C&Rtrader
01-29-2012, 2:18 PM
+2 on Hivaari.

I believe he mails you back the original parts in a plastic bag. Its good stuff.

Now @ Blitz now I think the Para I gave had a trigger job down or its really light. That is the lightest trigger I have ever felt on an SKS.

This is correct. He offered to mail back any parts if I wanted. Again, I really can't say enough good stuff about his work.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 2:24 PM
This is correct. He offered to mail back any parts if I wanted. Again, I really can't say enough good stuff about his work.

sweet. I was thinking about bout doing my para's trigger...because its a para and you can hear the crunch when it shoots lol.

I think he gives discounts as well if you are the SKS Board Forums. I would have to double check on that.

PS: I highly don't recommend doing it your self. SKS trigger job is very complex, small itty bitty parts and really is a pain in the ***. If you watch that kid on youtube he is having a hard time and he is just doing kitchen repairs. I would leave it to the man in TX.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 2:28 PM

or give away another YUGO!? grrrr

paul0660
01-29-2012, 2:35 PM
SKS trigger job is very complex, small itty bitty parts and really is a pain in the ***

I wish you were kidding. SKS trigger job is as easy as it gets, parts are minimal, and IF you ever get a real gun, please do not take it apart.

http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/imagecache/page/images/50667.jpg

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 2:42 PM
I wish you were kidding. SKS trigger job is as easy as it gets, parts are minimal, and IF you ever get a real gun, please do not take it apart.

everything is easy for you hu paul? Hmm an SKS is a real gun what do you mean by that?

TRAP55
01-29-2012, 3:01 PM

That right there is funny, I don't care who ya are!:laugh:
Seriously, the SKS trigger is probably the least complex ever made, hell.......the whole rifle is!
Understanding trigger/sear engagement is the important thing, if you don't know what you're doing, please leave it to an expert. An accidental discharge, or a full auto burst, will not only ruin your day, could possibly ruin your life.....and someone else in the process.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 3:05 PM
That right there is funny, I don't care who ya are!:laugh:
Seriously, the SKS trigger is probably the least complex ever made, hell.......the whole rifle is!
Understanding trigger/sear engagement is the important thing, if you don't know what you're doing, please leave it to an expert. An accidental discharge, or a full auto burst, will not only ruin your day, could possibly ruin your life.....and someone else in the process.

hmmm I dunno I think the mosin nagants trigger is the easiest but that's just me.

As for as the rest of the SKS rifle of course! I love the fact its so easy to take apart, clean it, assemble, and love. Even taking the firing pin is not that bad. Just a little punch and hammer is about it if you got a tight fitting one.

Ahhh I love SKS'

Blitzburgh
01-29-2012, 3:14 PM

I completely on board with this. I'm not anywhere near a "smith" and have the common problem of watching springs and various parts wizz by or bounce off of my forehead. I have no illusions of knowing anything about what happens on the inside of a gun. I opened the side of a Smith revolver once and that was enough to convince me to just stay the heck out.

I'll send it off for a trigger job, and anything else that needs to be done other than standard cleaning.

Blitzburgh
01-29-2012, 3:15 PM
everything is easy for you hu paul? Hmm an SKS is a real gun what do you mean by that?

Welp... here we go... IBTL!

hahahahahhahahaha

Darn it boy! You've already got one thread locked today! Don't go for two!

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 3:16 PM
I completely on board with this. I'm not anywhere near a "smith" and have the common problem of watching springs and various parts wizz by or bounce off of my forehead. I have no illusions of knowing anything about what happens on the inside of a gun. I opened the side of a Smith revolver once and that was enough to convince me to just stay the heck out.

I'll send it off for a trigger job, and anything else that needs to be done other than standard cleaning.

gee is sure as hell looked like you know what you were doing yesterday with that tigger on the SKS paratrooper....grrr

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 3:18 PM
Welp... here we go... IBTL!

hahahahahhahahaha

Darn it boy! You've already got one thread locked today! Don't go for two!

grrrr still edgy about getting beat last nite...

jpscoot_21
01-30-2012, 3:17 PM
++ on Kivaari. I only had one issue with my trigger when I shot it a few times. One of the Wolff springs was hanging up, so I turned it around. Problem fixed.