PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...7-0

SKSer45
01-28-2012, 9:03 PM
Blitz kicked my *** at the 100 yard line standing with my own paratrooper :( Damn I created a monster though! hehe! He has turned to the dark side!

Now I must say when I was shooting good my Romy was on point. Even herr Blitz couldn't deny how good that thing was shooting. Of course he was my spotter har har!!!

So all you kids on the fence about buying an (non yugo) sks great time to get em while they are around!

Pete1979
01-28-2012, 9:36 PM
I am wondering why to stay away from the Yugo?

SKSer45
01-28-2012, 9:47 PM

Because garbage is still garbage. Now if you want a shooter its good...ehhh for a certain amount of rounds. IE the Gas Valve is hit or miss. Once that goes your rifle is a dud. Plus as collectors value worth zero.

But here is the good news...if you want to bubba an SKS yugos are the best ones to do it. Parts are plenty and so many after market stocks etc...

Now I will be real and all these Yugo freaks can eat it. But later down the road yugos will dry up and no body will really care. Yugo is Yugo no big deal. Now if you go down the road with any others IE. Russian, Chinese, Alby, Romys, etc.. they will all be fine fine shooters but they got that extra oomph to them as collectors. Yes you can shoot em too and their price is only going go up and they will be eyed later down the road.

mosinnagantm9130
01-28-2012, 9:47 PM

They don't have a chrome lined bore, but if you take care of them they're fine.

Pete1979
01-28-2012, 9:51 PM
We have a Russian and a Chinese, both shoot good and the Chinese has stood up to massive amounts of abuse.

SKSer45
01-28-2012, 9:53 PM
We have a Russian and a Chinese, both shoot good and the Chinese has stood up to massive amounts of abuse.

Yup stick with those.

+1 on the chinese. My para and full length have taken some serious use and abuse and they keep on ticking.

Noonanda
01-29-2012, 8:19 AM
Because garbage is still garbage. Now if you want a shooter its good...ehhh for a certain amount of rounds. IE the Gas Valve is hit or miss. Once that goes your rifle is a dud. Plus as collectors value worth zero.

But here is the good news...if you want to bubba an SKS yugos are the best ones to do it. Parts are plenty and so many after market stocks etc...

Now I will be real and all these Yugo freaks can eat it. But later down the road yugos will dry up and no body will really care. Yugo is Yugo no big deal. Now if you go down the road with any others IE. Russian, Chinese, Alby, Romys, etc.. they will all be fine fine shooters but they got that extra oomph to them as collectors. Yes you can shoot em too and their price is only going go up and they will be eyed later down the road.

I guess I'll have to disagree with ya, The yugo is built like a T-34. Especially the M-59, which doesnt have the issue with the gas system that you refer to. Actually before the flood of Yugo SKS's came in, they were considered Rare, Expensive, and were the crown jewel in a SKS collection.

Just as anything else, the market can change. Your Russian SKS while worth 500ish now, if there was all of a sudden a flood of them brought in would drop to a normal market value. Same with Chinese, if the import restrictions are ever changed they will become 100 dollar guns again..

If I was gonna call any of em Rare it would be the Albanian, not many made (when compared to all the others), and doubtful if we will ever see them imported again.

Chrome lined barrels, well alot of my guns (both bolt and Semi-auto) dont have chrome lined barrels so that is not a show stopper for me.

One last point about Yugos, chinese and russian variants. While your Chinese and russian variants are nice, unless they are vet bringbacks from vietnam they probably never saw combat. Most yugo guns were used in the civil war, thats why you have guns with carvings in them and all kinds of crazy stickers on them ETC.

I'll take a gun that has been there and done on the battlefield that over an rifle that sat for years pristine in an armory any day. Thats why I collect WW-2 rifles.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 8:39 AM
I guess I'll have to disagree with ya, The yugo is built like a T-34. Especially the M-59, which doesnt have the issue with the gas system that you refer to. Actually before the flood of Yugo SKS's came in, they were considered Rare, Expensive, and were the crown jewel in a SKS collection.

Just as anything else, the market can change. Your Russian SKS while worth 500ish now, if there was all of a sudden a flood of them brought in would drop to a normal market value. Same with Chinese, if the import restrictions are ever changed they will become 100 dollar guns again..

If I was gonna call any of em Rare it would be the Albanian, not many made (when compared to all the others), and doubtful if we will ever see them imported again.

Chrome lined barrels, well alot of my guns (both bolt and Semi-auto) dont have chrome lined barrels so that is not a show stopper for me.

One last point about Yugos, chinese and russian variants. While your Chinese and russian variants are nice, unless they are vet bringbacks from vietnam they probably never saw combat. Most yugo guns were used in the civil war, thats why you have guns with carvings in them and all kinds of crazy stickers on them ETC.

I'll take a gun that has been there and done on the battlefield that over an rifle that sat for years pristine in an armory any day. Thats why I collect WW-2 rifles.

False! Very very false! Way before Yugo's were even on the drawing board SKS' were in all sorts of combat. Remember China made Millions of them and the Russians rolled the experimental bad boys on the eastern front of 1945.

Plus you forgot all the conflicts in the middle East of 50's and 60's. Chinese and or Russians (sino-soviets) made SKS were shipped to Egypt and marked by its armed forces getting ready for those infamous conflicts. Finding an Egyptian marked SKS is EXTREMELY RARE and most of them are in combat shape or seen better days.

Then there is the Korean conflict, of Course Vietnam because that was when they made their mark on US troops, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Hezbollah was using some of them during the conflict with Israel and even today's WOTR as posted a photo off by one of CG members.

So to say that yugos and only yugos seen combat or the most of it, is false. Granted the Yugo's did see a lot of action during the Serbian Wars and Kosovo Crisis.

Noonanda
01-29-2012, 8:50 AM
False! Very very false! Way before Yugo's were even on the drawing board SKS' were in all sorts of combat. Remember China made Millions of them and the Russians rolled the experimental bad boys on the eastern front of 1945.

Plus you forgot all the conflicts in the middle East of 50's and 60's. Chinese and or Russians (sino-soviets) made SKS were shipped to Egypt and marked by its armed forces getting ready for those infamous conflicts. Finding an Egyptian marked SKS is EXTREMELY RARE and most of them are in combat shape or seen better days.

Then there is the Korean conflict, of Course Vietnam because that was when they made their mark on US troops, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Hezbollah was using some of them during the conflict with Israel and even today's WOTR as posted a photo off by one of CG members.

So to say that yugos and only yugos seen combat or the most of it, is false. Granted the Yugo's did see a lot of action during the Serbian Wars and Kosovo Crisis.

You obviously didnt read what I wrote.
While your (AKA the ones you have sitting at YOUR HOUSE in YOUR gunsafe) SKS's were sitting in an armory after being rearsenaled, the yugos were imported almost straight from the battlefield. When you talk about conflicts involving the SKS, you also forgot Iraq, Somalia, ETC. So if you have a 1943/44 made Russian SKS that has been rearsenaled, yea you got one that saw some time on the battlefield. But the chinese one imported by norico never saw anything but an importers warehouse, the closest it came to firing a shot in anger was when the importer was haggling over the price.

Noonanda
01-29-2012, 8:54 AM
The East German and Polish marked "Russian made SKS-45s" are also very uncommon. but in nice condition as well, again they were armory queens unless they are Vet-bringbacks

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 8:54 AM
Take a loosky

http://www.geocities.com/hiker1250/sks_pakistan.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hiker1250/sks_iraq.jpg

Heres your yugo type 63 in action. Sick pick I give em that.

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3133/189nq.jpg

Iraq during the first Invasion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/1952Sniper/iraqisks.jpg

Unknown

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/kenb86/sksriver.jpg

China

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3802/post1125817plainf10117yl.jpg

So basically its safe to say that All SKS of countries makes and models have gone all over the world and seen some action here or there. It makes sense to since so many of them were made and Com Block weapons travel pretty good.

Noonanda
01-29-2012, 8:57 AM
And having been shot at in Iraq by both Yugo M-59/66's and Russian SKS-45 versions, I can say they left a mark on me as well.

Noonanda
01-29-2012, 9:00 AM
Dude reading is Fundamental, RIF.

We can solve this really quick

Do you have vet bringback paperwork for any of your SKS's? Plain and simple answer the question. I dont have hate for any version of the SKS, so it is really cracking me up that you do.

And post some more pictures totally unrealted to the point I am trying to get across to you.

SKSer45
01-29-2012, 9:09 AM
Dude reading is Fundamental, RIF.

We can solve this really quick

Do you have vet bringback paperwork for any of your SKS's? Plain and simple answer the question. I dont have hate for any version of the SKS, so it is really cracking me up that you do.

And post some more pictures totally unrealted to the point I am trying to get across to you.

Nope I don't but I will one day. Well I hate yugo's Sks so deal with it.

I can't say for sure I got shot at with an SKS when I had my time in the sand box but I know it was 7.62X39 and all the other weapons the insurgents had in their possession (you know what those are as well unfortunately) and yes major respect for that caliber and weapon.

How are those photos un-related? Shows SKS all over the world in different conflicts and not all of them are yugos.

If i had unlimited funds and pulled some strings I get every SKS battle rifle out there with papers. Unfortunately I do not.