March 21, 2007

JPFO ALERT: BATFE KILLING IDAHO'S OLDEST GUN STORE

Red's Trading Post in Twin Falls, Idaho, is the state's
oldest gun shop, opened since 1936. A 2004 BATFE audit
revealed minor clerical errors. According to Red's, out of
nearly ten THOUSAND firearms transferred between 1996 and
2004, the alleged error rate did not even reach 1%. Even
the BATFE acknowledges these are minor paperwork errors --
there are no missing firearms and no willful illegal acts.

And yet the BATFE has revoked the ability of Red's Trading
Post to acquire firearms for resale, although they're still
permitted to sell the firearms in stock ... for now. But
that's not enough -- the BATFE wants to revoke Red's
license permanently.

Red's appealed, was denied, and is now headed to federal
court. They have spent over two years and $20,000 in legal
fees in this battle and are now taking it public. You can
read more about Red's Trading Post at
http://www.redstradingpost.com/atf.php and view their fact
sheet (in MS Word format) at
www.jpfo.org/redsatffactsheet.doc .

The Red's Trading Post site even includes an article about
a competitor -- Blue Lakes Sporting Goods -- who was
similarly railroaded by the BATFE. In an act of supreme
hubris, the BATFE actually denied the Blue Lakes the right
to appeal until AFTER they were in the middle of a "Going
Out of Business" sale!

Unfortunately, as our readers know, this is hardly unusual
behavior for the BATFE.

During the March 28, 2006 Congressional BATFE hearings,
attorney Richard Gardiner testified that the BATFE's
"enforcement" tends to focus on trivial violations that do
not affect public safety, and that the BATFE imposes an
unreasonable standard of perfection on FFLs (
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/gardiner032806a.pdf
). That latter is especially ironic considering the
extremely poor state of the BATFE's own record-keeping,
about which they routinely perjure themselves in court (see
and hear it from the mouth of the NFA Branch chief himself
at http://www.jpfo.org/rollcall.mp4 ).

JPFO understands that enough is enough. We plan to bring
this rogue agency to its knees with our upcoming
documentary _The Gang_ ( www.jpfo.org/thegang.htm).
Throughout its production, we've received help from
criminal investigators, historians, attorneys, BATFE
victims, rock legend Ted Nugent, Knob Creek Enterprises,
_Unintended Consequences_ author John Ross, and many
others. Everyone who understands the true threat to our
freedoms that the BATFE poses owes these people a very big
thank you.

We plan to list these heroes in the Producer's Circle of
the film credits -- it's the least we can do. And it's not
too late for YOU to join them. If you want to be listed in
the Producers circle, we need your contribution RIGHT NOW.
Go to http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=16 .
A donation of $250 or more will get you listed, plus you'll
receive a free DVD copy of the finished film and a copy of
our book _"Gun Control": Gateway to Tyranny_.

Do it for Red's Trading Post. Do it for Blue Lakes Sporting
Goods. Do it for ALL the victims of the BATFE's arbitrary,
capricious "enforcement". Most of all, do it for yourself.

Do it today.

- The Liberty Crew

aileron
03-23-2007, 5:12 AM
Thanks Sam for posting. I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :)

tgriffin
03-23-2007, 7:23 AM
Its a damn shame. They know they are losing on the guns front so they are trying to kill them any way they can. its bull****.

stag1500
03-23-2007, 9:10 AM
The BATFE are a bunch of fascists. It's disturbing to read about how a federal agency like that can commit such atrocities.

Creeping Incrementalism
03-24-2007, 3:00 AM
I visited Twin Falls this past January. They have a store called Sportman's Warehouse that's as big as a Wal-Mart selling AR-15s in the frickin MALL. I felt like I died and went to heaven. I had no idea such things existed.

Afterwards, my host in town asked me if I wanted to go to Red's. I said no thanks... I was so shocked by the massive bins of shiny unloaded brass, walls of Mini-14 folding stocks, and Bushmaster AR-15s that I couldn't continue. I just bought some chemical toe and hand warmers, because it was 10 degrees out, then drove literally 60 seconds down the road to BLM land and started shooting. I could go on and on about the things I'd never see in California that I saw in a town in Idaho that in terms of land use isn't any different than any suburb in California expanding into former farm fields or pastures.

I'm not saying it isn't a travesty what is happening to Red's. I just wish California could swap problems with Idaho.

Mr. Mildot
03-24-2007, 5:30 AM
I visited Twin Falls this past January. They have a store called Sportman's Warehouse that's as big as a Wal-Mart selling AR-15s in the frickin MALL. I felt like I died and went to heaven. I had no idea such things existed.

Afterwards, my host in town asked me if I wanted to go to Red's. I said no thanks... I was so shocked by the massive bins of shiny unloaded brass, walls of Mini-14 folding stocks, and Bushmaster AR-15s that I couldn't continue. I just bought some chemical toe and hand warmers, because it was 10 degrees out, then drove literally 60 seconds down the road to BLM land and started shooting. I could go on and on about the things I'd never see in California that I saw in a town in Idaho that in terms of land use isn't any different than any suburb in California expanding into former farm fields or pastures.

I'm not saying it isn't a travesty what is happening to Red's. I just wish California could swap problems with Idaho.

That's what it's like in the United States of America, a land foreign to folks like us. "Over there" they are allowed to protect themselves from assault, keep and bear arms, tint their front windows, all kinds of fun stuff. They have a free-er, cleaner way of life and even pay a bungload less taxes for the priveledge.

If you had the $$$$ and the desire to, you could have walked into that store and bought 10 AR-15's, a bunch of 30 round mags and 5,000 round of ammo, walked out with it all in a matter of minutes and gone had some fun. It seems totally unreal if you have been conditioned by PRK ways.

It makes me sick hearing people debating the "legality" of certain rifles based upon trivial crap like what sort of thingy is screwed onto the muzzle or what sort of handle it has.

shooterx10
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
This came from Ryan Horsley:

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to let all of you know that we just got our commercials
done alerting people to the new attack on our Second Amendment.
http://www.redstradingpost.com/atf_video.php
Please let others know so that we can raise attention to this
issue. Here are 2 new articles that were just published on this issue.
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2007/04/04/news/local_state/109479.txt
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2007/04/04/news/local_state/109477.txt
I appreciate your support and encouragement!
Ryan Horsley
Red's Trading Post
Idaho's Oldest Gun Shop

Super_tactical
04-04-2007, 1:10 PM
I signed the petition.

edsel6502
04-04-2007, 1:21 PM
I was reading about this.

Isn't Red's being closed after a 2nd audit and were told during the 1st that they needed to file their paperwork more accurately?.

HowardW56
04-04-2007, 1:25 PM
I was reading about this.

Isn't Red's being closed after a 2nd audit and were told during the 1st that they needed to file their paperwork more accurately?.

I'd like to know the REAL reason.....

Directshot
04-04-2007, 1:43 PM
Red's has been around along time, good people. Growing up outside of Twin, Red's was the one-stop-shop for guns and ammo. Things are changing, not for the good.
Be sure to sign the petition!!!

69Mach1
05-02-2007, 7:19 AM
US District Judge Edward Lodge has granted Red’s Trading Post an injunction to continue their full operation. The ATF had maintained that Red’s was a threat to public safety because of the minor violations which included paperwork errors that amounted to less that one percent. Red’s Trading Post had a 99.6% success rate in their 2005 audit, yet the ATF maintained that Red’s had “willfully” violated their policies. The word “willful” was added in 1986 by Reagan and Congress to protect dealers, it is the responsibility of the ATF to prove that Dealers “willfully” committed violations. The ATF made the decision to partially revoke Red’s license in early March, only allowing them to sell their remaining firearms. ATF DIO Richard Van Loan made the decision to no longer allow Red’s the ability to acquire firearms. Van Loan stated that this position was to protect the Public Safety. Van Loan had also made the decision to deny Red’s request to continue supplying firearms to Law Enforcement as well.
Judge Lodge noted in making his decision that “the ATF speaks of violations found during the inspections of 2000 and 2005, but fails to reveal that additional investigations in 2001 and 2007 revealed no violations or problems.” He also notes Red’s statement that ATF is exaggerating Red’s conduct by “double counting” certain violations. Also noted was the balance of the ATF’s hardship compared to Red’s hardship. The judge found “that granting the preliminary injunction would not place the public safety in jeopardy” and “that that the relative hardships tip sharply in favor of Red’s.”
Manager Ryan Horsley states “We are very pleased with the Judge’s decision to allow us to continue to our full operation during the court proceedings. For over 70 years my family has operated Red’s with honor and integrity and we will continue to do so.” There has yet to be a court date set. Red’s Trading Post was established in 1936 by Horsley’s great grandfather and is Idaho’s Oldest Gun Shop.

Ryan Horsley
Red's Trading Post
Idaho's Oldest Gun Shop

That's great to hear. Even the judge had to point out that there were additional investigations in 2001 and 2007 that revealed no violations.

Fjold
05-02-2007, 7:50 AM
ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

JPFO understands that enough is enough. We plan to bring
this rogue agency to its knees with our upcoming
documentary _The Gang_ ( www.jpfo.org/thegang.htm).

It's a good cause that I can support but "We plan to bring this rogue agency to its knees with our upcoming documentary"?

That's a little over dramatic, isn't it?

69Mach1
05-02-2007, 8:13 AM
It's a good cause that I can support but "We plan to bring this rogue agency to its knees with our upcoming documentary"?

That's a little over dramatic, isn't it?

Not if you've heard and read the "horror stories". Remember, Congress for the most part agreed and tried to legislate some control over the BATF, but our favorite Feinstank blocked it.:mad:

xenophobe
05-02-2007, 8:16 AM
This is one thing that I really love about JPFO... they're always publicizing the stories like this that you wouldn't hear anywhere else and helping out the cause in their own way.

Fjold
05-02-2007, 8:43 AM
Not if you've heard and read the "horror stories". Remember, Congress for the most part agreed and tried to legislate some control over the BATF, but our favorite Feinstank blocked it.:mad:

Reading Comprehension 101:

I'm not saying that the BATFE is not guilty of numerous violations of the law.

What I'm saying is that the documentary is not going to bring the BATFE "to their knees".

bwiese
05-02-2007, 2:27 PM
Reading Comprehension 101:

I'm not saying that the BATFE is not guilty of numerous violations of the law.

What I'm saying is that the documentary is not going to bring the BATFE "to their knees".

Yeah, three guys in a living room sending out a newsletter will make major changes to the way things are.

Hell, Calguns & its members have brought about more political change than any secondary gun organization like JPFO, CRPA, etc.

mcubed4130
05-02-2007, 8:10 PM
...Hell, Calguns & its members have brought about more political change than any secondary gun organization like JPFO, CRPA, etc.

And thats why I and many of the rest of us, found Calguns, and now call it home. :D

-M3

G17GUY
06-26-2007, 6:44 PM
New related article
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56389