PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Member's Only Special- 01-27-2012

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 6:55 AM
Calguns Members get first shot at the new Ruger SR22! First in line and at a little better discount than we'll run in our regular ads.

These just arrived in our warehouse and will not be in the stores physically until next week. But just as we did with the Colt's, you folks are first in line.

We have about 20 right now and multiples of that number are on the way- if we run out, we'll take deposits from CGN members at this price. However this special price is only good through next Thursday, so act fast in order to take advantage of this pre-Ad special pricing.

Start Date- Fri- January 27th
End Date- Thurs- February 2nd

Calguns.net members only; coupon must be presented at time of sale.
Click on the link for the coupon.

Calguns.net Member's Only Special 01-27-2012 (http://www.turners.com/calguns/calgunspromo.php?code=0ssx54oez8)

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/calguns_promo-2vjd1n4x.gif

Target19
01-27-2012, 7:27 AM
Holy cow Batman!!!
Thanks for the late post...since you usually post the deals on Thursday.
I want them all !!!
I can pick them all up at the warehouse LOL
Damn 30 day rule will stop me.
Well one will have to do for now LOL
What about a Calguns deal on a Kel-Tec KSG to go with this???

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 7:32 AM
Holy cow Batman!!!
Thanks for the late post...since you usually post the deals on Thursday.
I want them all !!!
I can pick them all up at the warehouse LOL
Damn 30 day rule will stop me.
Well one will have to do for now LOL
What about a Calguns deal on a Kel-Tec KSG to go with this???

We'll have to catch up on a few hundred KSG deposits before we can even think running a special on them :)

h0use
01-27-2012, 7:32 AM
can i layaway this item!?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 9:53 AM
can i layaway this item!?

Yes; minimum (30%) deposits are fine.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Keep in mind that these pistols do not meet the LA City size minimum so Reseda is excluded from taking deposits or selling these guns.

barthel
01-27-2012, 1:15 PM
Went down first thing this morning to put in a deposit on one.

Get 'em in quick Rob, I hate being anxious! =)

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 1:58 PM
Went down first thing this morning to put in a deposit on one.

Get 'em in quick Rob, I hate being anxious! =)

Rob?

Remember, he gets the fun stuff around here PPT's, "take-a-number" issues, etc.

I on the other hand, get to deliver good news that the SR22's arrived today and will be available for serial number allocation as soon as they get processed- maybe today, definitely by Monday.

barthel
01-27-2012, 2:34 PM
Rob?

Remember, he gets the fun stuff around here PPT's, "take-a-number" issues, etc.

I on the other hand, get to deliver good news that the SR22's arrived today and will be available for serial number allocation as soon as they get processed- maybe today, definitely by Monday.

COOL!

:notworthy:

hefedehefe
01-27-2012, 4:46 PM
Damn it. I thought I bought my last gun last month, now I have to go buy this today grrrr.....

sd_fox_racer
01-27-2012, 5:35 PM
sweet ill be at the kearny mesa location to layaway this since ill be there to pick up my hp 380 on tuesday

SoCal Bob
01-27-2012, 8:42 PM

This just gets better & better. Stopped by the San Marcos store this morning and paid for one.:cool:

RollingCode3
01-27-2012, 8:48 PM
in for one

JackRydden224
01-27-2012, 11:11 PM
This is so bad. I just spent $490 on a Beretta conversion kit and now I want this pistol. The 30% layaway plan would make things a whole lot easier though.

Socalmedix
01-28-2012, 8:56 AM
With all these people buying one, how long until the guns are in our hands? Realistically?

Also, how do you guys buy used guns? I have a sig mosquito I'd like to part with.

barthel
01-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Damn it. I thought I bought my last gun last month, now I have to go buy this today grrrr.....

LOL, I have bought my "last" gun about 9 times!:eek:

compulsivegunbuyer
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Curse you Turners....I'm off to part with another $400

Distro
01-28-2012, 2:23 PM
Curse you Turners....I'm off to part with another $400

Reads post, looks at screen name, smiles.

hefedehefe
01-28-2012, 7:32 PM
Put my deposit down last night and selling my HP22 :D

dtjester
01-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Put my deposit down today

Joe
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Wow... Turners is missing out on a huge market here in the bay area.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-29-2012, 1:42 PM
With all these people buying one, how long until the guns are in our hands? Realistically?

Also, how do you guys buy used guns? I have a sig mosquito I'd like to part with.

Realistically :) ,the first 14 CGN guys should get calls to start DROS today; that leaves 6 or 7 in this first batch. Their guns will be in the respective stores where they bought them no later than Thurs.

Any sold after those 6 or 7 or gun should arrive in the next one or two weeks.

Contact the Turner's where you shop directly for info about your Mosquito.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-29-2012, 1:47 PM
Wow... Turners is missing out on a huge market here in the bay area.

... Or maybe you might be missing out on living the good life here in sunny SoCal... :)

Once we get our online store up, we'll have you covered with a lot more CGN specials for folks elsewhere.

We have plans to go north but not likely as far north as the Bay.

barthel
01-29-2012, 3:45 PM
Realistically :) ,the first 14 CGN guys should get calls to start DROS today;

Got my call about an hour ago. Went in immediately to do the paperwork and already started the "jail" process. :eek:

SoCal Bob
01-29-2012, 5:40 PM
I am in Anaheim at the moment (wife did the Tinkerbell half marathon today) but called the San Marcos store and confirmed that I have one waiting to start DROS. By the way, I called just after they closed and they still answered and Kevin checked on it for me and was very friendly. Great customer service.

hefedehefe
01-30-2012, 8:01 AM
I spoke with the guy I made the deposit with before and he said I can dros today :D

yokstar
01-30-2012, 5:11 PM
I'm in for one of these tomorrow Chino Hills.

tvfreakarms
01-31-2012, 1:11 AM
Is that considered a good deal?
To bad they r not in
the sacramento area. Hurry up and open one here

oldsmoboat
01-31-2012, 5:15 PM
To bad they r not in
They won't be coming here.
Buds has it for the same price with free shipping and Ehren at Golden Bear Arms in El Dorado Hills with accept it and do the transfer for $25 plus DROS.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-01-2012, 8:18 AM
To bad they r not in

By mid-year, we'll be up and running online, and you'll be able to jump on some of these offers until we have stores open closer to you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-01-2012, 8:23 AM
They won't be coming here.
Buds has it for the same price with free shipping and Ehren at Golden Bear Arms in El Dorado Hills with accept it and do the transfer for $25 plus DROS.

Buds, schmuds ....

Support your local area dealers! They can't survive on $25 a gun when the profit gets handed to an out-of-state warehouse- an outfit that does not have to contend with the all of the expense and hassle that your local Sacramento (and all CA) dealers have to contend with. Yes, short-term, they offer lower prices than your area shops but without those shops in the long-term, we're all worse off.

RollingCode3
02-01-2012, 8:25 AM
When do you expect to receive another shipment of the Ruger sr22? I put down a deposit on early Sunday and I haven't heard anything from the store yet.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-01-2012, 8:28 AM
When do you expect to receive another shipment of the Ruger sr22? I put down a deposit on early Sunday and I haven't heard anything from the store yet.

We're should have them in a week, maybe two.

Speedpower
02-01-2012, 2:11 PM
Do I need to print out the flier in order to get the Calguns member price for the SR22?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-01-2012, 3:34 PM
Do I need to print out the flier in order to get the Calguns member price for the SR22?

You can just show your smart phone if you want.

photorog
02-01-2012, 8:37 PM
My first post on CalGuns! Turner's got me again! Went to Pasadena and put my deposit down. DROS jail starts next Tuesday. Can't wait! I miss instant gratification!

Speedpower
02-01-2012, 9:08 PM
Just went to Norwalk store and paid for 1 in full, I wonder when do I expect to start DROS.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Just went to Norwalk store and paid for 1 in full, I wonder when do I expect to start DROS.

We'll get an update on that next shipment in a day or two.

xs2k
02-03-2012, 3:37 AM
Just missed this deal by a few hours...Will there be another sale like this for the SR22?

Dads1911
02-03-2012, 8:11 AM
Dang, I've been looking for a 22 and just noticed this deal last night right before site when down for maintenance. I was looking at the GSG 1911 22 last Thursday at Orange, both of these are nice guns. Anyone at Orange or FV interested in honoring this deal if I paid today... ;)

pdude
02-04-2012, 1:41 AM
I might be interested too if I can still get one of these at the discounted price. :)

indobos72
02-04-2012, 1:41 PM
Same here. I would take one if we can get it at this price. :)

RollingCode3
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Any update?

MARLANDO
02-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Ordered/deposit mine on Thursday! Now the wait for when they arrive..

Any Updates when will they arrive, Norwalk ??

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 1:19 PM
Any update?

None as of this morning. We'll press our rep every few days; hopefully it won't be long.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 1:28 PM
Just missed this deal by a few hours...Will there be another sale like this for the SR22?

At some point down the road, hopefully soon, we'll have enough to run in a regular weekly ad but that sale price will be a bit higher than we offered to CGN members.

You definitely want to remind yourself to check our our weekly CGN specials and to visit our website and sign up for our hot Weds e-mail specials and our great weekly ads and our crazy seasonal flyers- if you do, we'll save you quite a bit of money. If not ....:facepalm:

PM sent :)

indobos72
02-06-2012, 9:21 PM
PM received, thanks Bill!!!

pdude
02-08-2012, 1:40 AM
Same here. Thanks Bill!

kingkev
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm getting a little antsy waiting for this mysterious shipment of 170 SR22 pistols the Pasadena store told me last week will arrive at the warehouse early this week and then recanted this morning and stated "...any day now...". :willy_nilly:

Someone give me the tracking number so I can spend hours on end stalking this "shipment" and put some insanity to (good?) use!

hefedehefe
02-09-2012, 12:45 AM
I gets mines tomorrow :shifty: I'll tell you how it compares to my gsg 1911

MARLANDO
02-09-2012, 8:54 AM
Any word on delivery to Norwalk ??

need to start my DROS...:rolleyes:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-09-2012, 9:28 AM
I'm getting a little antsy waiting for this mysterious shipment of 170 SR22 pistols the Pasadena store told me last week will arrive at the warehouse early this week and then recanted this morning and stated "...any day now...". :willy_nilly:

Someone give me the tracking number so I can spend hours on end stalking this "shipment" and put some insanity to (good?) use!

Any word on delivery to Norwalk ??

need to start my DROS...:rolleyes:

We were told that one of our orders (we have multiple orders outstanding) shipped yesterday and is inbound. Once it is here and processed, stores will be able to get guns/serial numbers and get DROS started.

Speedpower
02-09-2012, 6:10 PM
Just have patience guys, I went in 2/01/2012 and fully paid for one, got a call on 2/04/2012 saying it was in, went to Norwalk as soon as I got the call and started DROS that same day, just waiting for 2/14/2012 so I can pick it up :mnl:

hefedehefe
02-09-2012, 8:36 PM
Got mine today and making a review. Thank you very much :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/smoothinoc/sr22.jpg

Solid Foundation
02-09-2012, 9:06 PM
damn rotten luck, not seeing this ad until *after* the deal :(
I'll be keeping an open eye for the next ad

downtown1
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Please Turner's. Run this ad again as I also missed the deal.

kingkev
02-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Just have patience guys, I went in 2/01/2012 and fully paid for one, got a call on 2/04/2012 saying it was in, went to Norwalk as soon as I got the call and started DROS that same day, just waiting for 2/14/2012 so I can pick it up :mnl:

Wait a minute...something's not right with this picture. I dropped a deposit on the very day the promotion was announced (1/27/2012), and now I'm reading people who went in days after are able to start DROS before me? Shouldn't orders be filled in the order received? Or did I get pushed into a 2nd tier because I only dropped a 30% deposit vs. paid-in-full? If so, someone in the Pasadena store should have told me about the pecking order. :toetap05:

RollingCode3
02-10-2012, 6:38 AM

:shrug:

Wait a minute...something's not right with this picture. I dropped a deposit on the very day the promotion was announced (1/27/2012), and now I'm reading people who went in days after are able to start DROS before me? Shouldn't orders be filled in the order received? Or did I get pushed into a 2nd tier because I only dropped a 30% deposit vs. paid-in-full? If so, someone in the Pasadena store should have told me about the pecking order. :toetap05:

+1... I put down a deposit on 1/29 at 2pm and I haven't received any call yet. How did speedpower came in 3 days later and got the call before I do? :confused:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-10-2012, 9:49 AM

:shrug:

+1... I put down a deposit on 1/29 at 2pm and I haven't received any call yet. How did speedpower came in 3 days later and got the call before I do? :confused:

PM Sent x 2; looks like we can see what happened; you'll both have serial numbers today.

Toyorider
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Put my deposit down on the 2/02 at the torrance store and havent heard a word yet. I'm ready to pay it full whenever u get them.

MARLANDO
02-10-2012, 1:09 PM
Any shipments yet to Norwalk ? :confused:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-10-2012, 1:24 PM
Put my deposit down on the 2/02 at the torrance store and havent heard a word yet. I'm ready to pay it full whenever u get them.

Any shipments yet to Norwalk ? :confused:

Guns/serial numbers are in the system. If you have a deposit, your store should be calling you today to start DROS.

cdmcdoug
02-10-2012, 1:25 PM
I put my deposit in on 01/30/12 at the Chino Hills store and I have not heard anything yet either.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-10-2012, 1:28 PM
I put my deposit in on 01/30/12 at the Chino Hills store and I have not heard anything yet either.

Your name is on the list for today's shipment; call Chino Hills to confirm that they allocated one for you today.

indobos72
02-10-2012, 8:49 PM
Thanks again ,Bill. Finally made it in today. Paid in Full! :) Now for the 10 day wait. :(

RollingCode3
02-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Came in to DROS today. Thanks Bill :)

kingkev
02-11-2012, 1:13 AM
PM Sent x 2; looks like we can see what happened; you'll both have serial numbers today.

Thanks, Bill! Got a call from Pasadena store around noon and was able to start DROS tonight!

tvfreakarms
02-11-2012, 1:23 AM
How come there isn't one in the Sacramento area? We are the capitol of cali aren't we?:43::43::43:

Your name is on the list for today's shipment; call Chino Hills to confirm that they allocated one for you today.

xengren
02-11-2012, 7:03 AM
I DROSed/fully paid for mine on 1/31, came to pick it up on Fri. and there was some mixup so it was still at the warehouse. Supposedly by Wed. I should get it. Turner's why do you torture me so? I had to wait 10 days and now another 5 days? Argggh.

hooked on glock
02-11-2012, 1:56 PM
Since you guys turned me away this monring for a ppt @ your norwalk store , maybe you can get me in on this one ....

Southbay
02-11-2012, 2:57 PM
Since you guys turned me away this monring for a ppt @ your norwalk store , maybe you can get me in on this one ....

I have done many PPT with Turners and never had a problem; it would be interesting to find out from them why they turned you away if true. Also you have a negative I trade, after you said you would take it you never followed through, why was that?

hooked on glock
02-11-2012, 3:07 PM
I have done many PPT with Turners and never had a problem; it would be interesting to find out from them why they turned you away if true. Also you have a negative I trade, after you said you would take it you never followed through, why was that?

i was turned away due to lots of ppl there in the am , as i arrived at 11 am ....

as for the negative feedback , it was given to me by a so called member , because i decided not to answer his phone call , he got angree cuz he didnt have the money to buty this exact especial offer deal , as a matter of fact he is the one showing it , in a few post prior .... but what ever ...

Digital_Hate
02-12-2012, 9:32 PM
damn missed the boat on this one. my son would love one

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Since you guys turned me away this monring for a ppt @ your norwalk store...

PM sent

maybe you can get me in on this one ....

These will be in this week's Ruger Day's ad. The CGN special was intended to give CGN folks a head start much like we did with the Colt's. In this case, it looks like we'll carry that price over into the ad so anyone that missed it will still be good at the preview price.

Do keep in mind though that we may run out and end up taking deposits again. We have a lot of these ordered but demand will sometimes outstrip the amount of guns in some shipments.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
How come there isn't one in the Sacramento area? We are the capitol of cali aren't we?:43::43::43:

Sooner than later, we'll be incrementally closer to Sacramento ... :)

hooked on glock
02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
thanks for getting back at me , I will be waiting for you response .....

PM sent

These will be in this week's Ruger Day's ad. The CGN special was intended to give CGN folks a head start much like we did with the Colt's. In this case, it looks like we'll carry that price over into the ad so anyone that missed it will still be good at the preview price.

Do keep in mind though that we may run out and end up taking deposits again. We have a lot of these ordered but demand will sometimes outstrip the amount of guns in some shipments.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 4:18 PM
thanks for getting back at me , I will be waiting for you response .....

PM sent.

hooked on glock
02-13-2012, 7:19 PM
PM sent.

just got back from turners norwalk and paid for my ruger sr22 , thanks for everything Bill it was a great transaction in and out in 15min ........

It was a plasure dealing with Randy @ your norwalk store , great man A+ in my book ....

dtjester
02-16-2012, 2:49 PM
All you guys that were hoping to get in on this deal, check out the weekly ad released today. Go Ruger Days!

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 4:38 PM
All you guys that were hoping to get in on this deal, check out the weekly ad released today. Go Ruger Days!

Ruger Days, including SR22 and FREE Project Appleseed weekend with purchase of 10/22 or SR556 or SR556E (http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads_nonflash.php)

cdmcdoug
02-24-2012, 8:24 AM
I was finally able to pick up my SR22 yesterday at the Chino Hills store. I was supposed to get it on Tuesday, but they are having problems with the new computer system. Most of the problems seem to be messed up orders during switchover, and the new system having trouble communicating with the warehouse. They are not getting everything they are supposed to when they are supposed to. I understand about computers glitches and was sympathetic. Special thanks to Ben who worked with me on getting it as soon as he could. He was friendly and courteous and tried his hardest, considering his frustration with the new computer system. It is a real nice gun and I get to take it out shooting this weekend.

Jeepergeo
02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Paid for the SR22 at Turners in San Bndo on 2/20. Still no call yet, and store staff have not been able to provide a date to start the DROS.

Is there an ETA? Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 1:22 PM
Paid for the SR22 at Turners in San Bndo on 2/20. Still no call yet, and store staff have not been able to provide a date to start the DROS.

Is there an ETA? Thanks.

PM sent.

downtown1
03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Same here. Paid for one in full on 2/18/12 at the Turners in West Covina and haven't heard of any ETA.

jcwliu
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Same here, paid in full on 2/20 at Pasadena Turners. Have not heard anything from them about when to start DROS. I hope I was not lost in their computer.

dlkk
03-01-2012, 5:20 PM
Put down payment on 2/18 at Hawthorne store
They called me today. Ready to DROS

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 7:13 AM
Same here. Paid for one in full on 2/18/12 at the Turners in West Covina and haven't heard of any ETA.

Same here, paid in full on 2/20 at Pasadena Turners. Have not heard anything from them about when to start DROS. I hope I was not lost in their computer.

Put down payment on 2/18 at Hawthorne store
They called me today. Ready to DROS

We have been receiving shipments of 75-100+ every 10 days or so. We have at least that many that are on deposit each shipment because they are continuing to sell very, very quickly.

We'll fill deposits on first sold, first-filled. Feel free to contact the store where you bought your pistol for an update.

downtown1
03-02-2012, 1:59 PM
We have been receiving shipments of 75-100+ every 10 days or so. We have at least that many that are on deposit each shipment because they are continuing to sell very, very quickly.

We'll fill deposits on first sold, first-filled. Feel free to contact the store where you bought your pistol for an update.

Just got a call from Turners in West Covina. They got a serial number for me. :) Going to stop by to do my DROS today.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 2:33 PM
Just got a call from Turners in West Covina. They got a serial number for me. :) Going to stop by to do my DROS today.

Good :)

jcwliu
03-05-2012, 1:39 PM
Got a call Friday afternoon. Went to Turners Pasadena Saturday, and it was like a zoo there. Went back today and did the DROS. Thak you!

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 4:18 PM
Got a call Friday afternoon. Went to Turners Pasadena Saturday, and it was like a zoo there. Went back today and did the DROS. Thak you!

Awesome; glad we could get things back on track for you.