PDA

View Full Version : What Book to log into? C&R or FFL?

Milspec714
01-26-2012, 3:43 PM
ok CalGun FFL gurus... I have a newb question..

Do I log all C&R shipments received in both my C&R Book and FFL Book or One?

racking my brain on it.. have had my C&R longer than my 07FFL... now that i have it ive been getting C&R pistols directly.. but dont know what or both books to log into..

all criticisms and pointers welcomed..

thanks

The Den

Mr.Sandman
01-28-2012, 6:57 PM
Your C&R log book is only for your own personal collection. So unless you are keeping the guns for yourself than you only log it into your regular book. If you are keeping them for yourself you need to log it in and out of your regular book, so that you can then log them into your personal C&R log book.

You cannot log them directly into your C&R book because of the california requirement that C&R collectors cannot receive handgun shipments directly, so technically even if they are going into your personal collection you are using your 07 to acquire them in the state's eyes.

Edit: You also must DROS them to yourself of course if you are keeping them for your personal collection.

tenpercentfirearms
01-29-2012, 7:40 AM
Why would you keep an 03 and an 07 is a better question? I don't need an 03 now that I have an 01. Save the money and the hassle of two books and only keep your 07 which should get you everything your 03 did and more. Unless I am missing something, which is possible.

Mr.Sandman
01-29-2012, 8:14 PM
Why would you keep an 03 and an 07 is a better question? I don't need an 03 now that I have an 01. Save the money and the hassle of two books and only keep your 07 which should get you everything your 03 did and more. Unless I am missing something, which is possible.

I am not sure why either, most people at the BATF would advise you to only keep one license. I am surprised they didnt tell him this when he applied for his 07. I wonder if his 03 is technically even in the system anymore? OP have you contacted anyone about this other than calguns?

Milspec714
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
I am not sure why either, most people at the BATF would advise you to only keep one license. I am surprised they didnt tell him this when he applied for his 07. I wonder if his 03 is technically even in the system anymore? OP have you contacted anyone about this other than calguns?

why wouldn't it be? its not a class 3 its a 03 Collectors... Actually i did, my ATF inspector who happened to tell me he was going to be setup at the CM gunshow this past weekend, so i went and talked with him for a few...

He said exactly what you said earlier if I am buying them for personal collection and used only my 03 Collectors than log in only into C&R book.. to include pistols... now if if i acquire them for resale than of course only my FFL Book...

thanks...

Mr.Sandman
01-30-2012, 7:28 PM
why wouldn't it be? its not a class 3 its a 03 Collectors... Actually i did, my ATF inspector who happened to tell me he was going to be setup at the CM gunshow this past weekend, so i went and talked with him for a few...

He said exactly what you said earlier if I am buying them for personal collection and used only my 03 Collectors than log in only into C&R book.. to include pistols... now if if i acquire them for resale than of course only my FFL Book...

thanks...

The only reason is because it becomes redundant. You can acquire all of the guns you want with your 07 and still keep them for your "personal collection" without having to have an 03. Just enter and tag them properly and your all set. If I were you I would just let my 03 expire and use the 07 from now on, it keeps things easier.