PDA

View Full Version : Why am I here?

Latigo
01-26-2012, 8:21 AM
Why am I here when I have a forum of my own? I've had three different guys ask me that in the past week, and I have an answer.
Calguns is probably one of the, if not the, coolest website of it's kind on the net. I lurked here for quite a while before joining. I have other rifles than Swiss rifles that I actively use on our range. Ar10s, Garands, varmint rifles, FNs etc. The membership here is friendly and knowledgeable.

Another reason I joined is that my Sister has known Kestryl since she was in her teens. No explanations, but she has a tremendous amount of respect for him.

I see an interest in Swiss rifles from some pretty cool guys and I'm here to help in any way I can.

sacto929
01-26-2012, 8:28 AM
And I, for one, greatly appreciate your presence and knowledge. Thank you.

0321jarhead
01-26-2012, 8:31 AM
I think you just have a big heart in something that you really enjoy and share with others of similar interest. We all learn new things regaurding this forum. I also float around on a couple of others but, this is the best forum of them all with the subjects and of course the people here. I thank you for your experiance in sharing with others. :rockon::clap:

Latigo
01-26-2012, 8:44 AM
Thanks gents! And, yes you're right. I grew up in the reloading room with dad and because he's done the Swiss rifle thing since the 50's, he's a huge fan. It's also the reason he started Swiss Products. When he was still on the net back some 12 years ago or so, he'd bring in loads of rifle stocks and chargers for guys and send them out for just the cost and shipping. He'd always help anyone who was interested in Swiss firearms, so I guess I naturally followed his lead and excitement.

I'm glad to be a part of CalGuns

bloodhawke83
01-26-2012, 9:04 AM
Depends on the forums, Calguns is big because there are tons of us gun owners that are sick of CA gun laws and they are confusing. Most other state gun forums there are hardly any activity. There are some other active forums like ar15, 1911 and some others but those two are the biggest out there. A lot of forums, like the Mauser forum, is pretty much dead and takes forever to get any questions answered. At least on Calguns we have a huge diversity of different gun owners from all walks of life.

OpenSightsOnly
01-26-2012, 9:11 AM
Yep!

I go to other forums for specialized info.

But Calguns's market place is da bomb!

Depends on the forums, Calguns is big because there are tons of us gun owners that are sick of CA gun laws and they are confusing. Most other state gun forums there are hardly any activity. There are some other active forums like ar15, 1911 and some others but those two are the biggest out there. A lot of forums, like the Mauser forum, is pretty much dead and takes forever to get any questions answered. At least on Calguns we have a huge diversity of different gun owners from all walks of life.

rojocorsa
01-26-2012, 9:16 AM
Ironically, I just signed up for the Swiss Rifle forum myself.

OpenSightsOnly
01-26-2012, 9:22 AM
Argh! your recent converts will steal them away from me! :p

Have been a long time lurker at SRDC. The Archives section is phenomenal. I eventually signed up when I got into reloading last year.

GP11 is very good but for a 200 yard Garand match I need to explore the lighter-grained projo plus it's always a good thing to learnd how to load for your rig!

Thanks again . . .

Why am I here when I have a forum of my own? I've had three different guys ask me that in the past week, and I have an answer.
Calguns is probably one of the, if not the, coolest website of it's kind on the net. I lurked here for quite a while before joining. I have other rifles than Swiss rifles that I actively use on our range. Ar10s, Garands, varmint rifles, FNs etc. The membership here is friendly and knowledgeable.

Another reason I joined is that my Sister has known Kestryl since she was in her teens. No explanations, but she has a tremendous amount of respect for him.

I see an interest in Swiss rifles from some pretty cool guys and I'm here to help in any way I can.

Latigo
01-26-2012, 9:22 AM
OSO, who are you on the SRDC?

The Swiss Rifles FOrum, orthe SRF is where dad first began on the net around 15 or 16 years ago.. The owner had one of those running scroll type forums going on and when he realized dad knew what he was talking about he asked him to help form a website. Dad knows next to nothing about computers, but the two of them got it going. He has chief mod there for maybe 4 years and something not too cool happened and dad withdrew. That's when he joined with Big Lee on the SRDC and got those forums going. He retired from the net altogether a few years ago and I took his place.
And yes....... this is an incredibly diverse website here. I've spent a lot of hours just reading it.

Blitzburgh
01-26-2012, 9:17 PM
And I, for one, greatly appreciate your presence and knowledge. Thank you.

+1000

It's rare to find anybody with any real knowledge, must less somebody who is also willing to share that knowledge and with a warm heart - and I for one very very much appreciate it also!

Thanks a ton!!!!

bruceflinch
01-27-2012, 8:40 AM
I'm here because because I love the history of firearms & there is a constant flow of good info here. Your posts, Latigo, are amongst the best.

I'm saving my pennies to buy my next C&R. So I come to the C&R Forum at least twice a day just to read everyones elses exploits & live vicariously through them. :)

SKSer45
01-27-2012, 8:58 AM
You are here because I am going to convert you to buy an SKS. :D

But yup thank you for all your help! Helps out a lot. Maybe you should take a field trip out here.

Latigo
01-27-2012, 9:19 AM
That would be fun to do with my wife for sure (and for safety SKSer45:rolleyes: ) :D , but........ I never travel anywhere unarmed. Don't you have a lot of wierd laws there?