PDA

View Full Version : Trying out my new 870 sat (San Jose) anyone want to come?

tonb
03-22-2007, 9:34 AM
Anyone else wanna go?

Reed's Indoor Range
Sat March 24th, 9AMish till whenever.

http://www.reedsindoorrange.com/range.html

They rent firearms as well.

I need to pattern my new shotgun, plus I've never shot slugs so I want to try that as well. My wife will be bringing her 9mm and her rifle, although I think she'll play with the pistol more. A friend of mine who is in the service will be coming with a few toys also, he does the IPSC thing and has a walk in gun safe, sit on that for a minute. lol

Anyway, I'll be there right when they open. I gather not a ton of shotguns at ranges, so I should be easy to spot. I'll be sporting a 20", 7+1 all black 870.

hossb7
03-22-2007, 9:55 AM
Anyone else wanna go?

Reed's Indoor Range
Sat March 24th, 9AMish till whenever.

http://www.reedsindoorrange.com/range.html

They rent firearms as well.

I need to pattern my new shotgun, plus I've never shot slugs so I want to try that as well. My wife will be bringing her 9mm and her rifle, although I think she'll play with the pistol more. A friend of mine who is in the service will be coming with a few toys also, he does the IPSC thing and has a walk in gun safe, sit on that for a minute. lol

Anyway, I'll be there right when they open. I gather not a ton of shotguns at ranges, so I should be easy to spot. I'll be sporting a 20", 7+1 all black 870.
im really tempted to do this. PanzerAce and I might go, we're roommates

stator
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Why Reed's for shotguns? I could think of much better places to be this time of year: Field Sports Park, Coyote Valley Sporting Clays, and Panoche which is where I will be this weekend. I am going to test my part of Mud's groupbuy as well.

Trius One-Step, White Flyer Bios, some rifles, some pistols, one of the guys sayz he will bring steaks.... Arh, arh, arh, arh.

:)

tonb
03-22-2007, 1:01 PM
Cause I can push a button and bring my target back to me at any time. :)

Actually since I'm going to be patterning, I'll have to do that plenty, I'd rather not have to wait till everyone is done shooting to get back my paper.

Socal858
03-22-2007, 2:24 PM
your lucky you found an indoor that takes slugs! im stuck with birdshot at mine . . . first time i went i only brought my benelli . . .turned out to be a very quick visit llol

enjoy

mcubed4130
03-22-2007, 9:02 PM
Reeds Indoor Range, is a good place (although bring ear plugs and muffs - you get some evil sound echoing in there).

Patterning the shotguns there is very easy (I did my Mossberg 500 there several weeks back)... The guy who checked my ammo bag got a good laugh.

I had the following all in 00 buck - 2 3/4":
Remington Express
Remington Express Managed-Recoil
Wolf 00
Winchester Super-X
Estate

Then some Wolf rifled 1oz slugs for fun.

He just looks at me, they are all lead right? I said yep... and he motioned me on.

Anyway, my wife and I may show up... We've been talking about trying out a few more rental handguns (still haven't decided what we both like to buy yet).

-M3

stator
03-23-2007, 6:19 AM
Cause I can push a button and bring my target back to me at any time. :)

Actually since I'm going to be patterning, I'll have to do that plenty, I'd rather not have to wait till everyone is done shooting to get back my paper.

At Panoche, you can walk to your target at any time, and in the open, fresh air with scenic beauty all around. You don't have to worry about breathing lead-laced air from an indoor range.

Don't get me wrong as indoor ranges have benefits but not wth the great weather we've been getting lately. Why be cooped up indoors while some .44mag shooter parks next to you?

Patterning does not take long. Afterwards, shooting a shotgun at an indoor range has to be one of the most boring shoots I can think of.

You want fun with a shotgun? Go to Coyote Valley Sporting Clays and get infected with clay disease. Now that is far from boring.

gimmejr
03-23-2007, 7:23 AM
You want fun with a shotgun? Go to Coyote Valley Sporting Clays and get infected with clay disease. Now that is far from boring.

Ive read they dont allow anything under 22"?

stator
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes, I think it is 22". So, the guy should either get a 2" extend choke tube or an extra barrel. Barrels are cheap for 870's - good used ones are almost a steal.

This will open the door to a whole new level of fun for that guy. :)

tonb
03-23-2007, 1:59 PM
Yes, I think it is 22". So, the guy should either get a 2" extend choke tube or an extra barrel. Barrels are cheap for 870's - good used ones are almost a steal.

This will open the door to a whole new level of fun for that guy. :)

I'd actually really like to try shooting clays, I'll definitely need another barrel. For a mere $130 I found an improved choke Remington which I could use for rabbits as well as clays I figure.

Anyway, it's been a good 10 years since I've fired a long gun, but I think it will be fun regardless. You're right though, after patterning which shouldn't take long, I'll try slugging it for a while and then I'll probably start using a variety of borrowed pistols once I decide my shoulder can't take it. That gives me ammo to say... "hey baby, check out this stock this company knoxx makes, I won't have to have a hurt shoulder after shooting a bunch of slugs again!" :)

http://www.secretreality.com/images/expressMagnum.jpg

tonb
03-23-2007, 2:21 PM
Goes well with my alarm system. :)

http://www.secretreality.com/images/alarm.jpg

mark3lb
03-23-2007, 3:27 PM
can't make it but thanks for the offer. gotta love that rem 870 sound. CHHHICK-CHIIIICK."