PDA

View Full Version : Midway range bag is on sale again:

mrblah
01-25-2012, 2:40 PM
I'm posting this because I love their range bag and its 50% off:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/288297/midwayusa-competition-range-bag-pvc-coated-polyester-olive-drab?cm_cat=CheckoutConfirm&cm_pla=ProductDescrip

pistol bag is also on sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPUtE8IKYas&feature=related

mikeinla
01-25-2012, 7:08 PM
For $33 shipping, I will pass

Nate G
01-25-2012, 7:16 PM
For $33 shipping, I will pass

Somehow priority mail is $56.65 to San Diego??
UPS next day $198.68??

what the hell midway

AAShooter
01-25-2012, 7:26 PM
That's why I tend to buy from Brownells. I would like the bag but not for that much shipping.

mikeinla
01-25-2012, 7:31 PM
I went to place an order with Midway last year and the shipping was $70!!!!!! I placed the same order at Brownells and the shipping was under $20.
If you place an order with Brownells and there are items on backorder they will ship those items to you when they get them back in stock and NOT charge you additional shipping. Midway WILL charge you EXTRA shipping for out of stock items. I stopped ordering from Midway along time ago. Brownells is the way to go.

psssniper
01-25-2012, 7:37 PM
but midway gives gazillions of dollas to the NRA!! :) :)

ELIXIR
01-25-2012, 9:13 PM
Wow those are some ridicolous shipping prices, I guess its not worth buying it then, I've paid no more than $12 for shipping at midway, Is it really $33 for regular shipping?!!

ljgrasso
01-25-2012, 9:26 PM
That looks odd, I ordered on last year with a few other items and shipping was 17.43 to Ventura.

gfourth
01-25-2012, 9:39 PM
I bought one around Christmas (last time it was on sale), I don't remember how much shipping was, but I know it wasn't ridiculous. I want to say around $15?

mrblah
01-25-2012, 9:58 PM
i bought both the range bag and pistol bag, and my shipping came out to 15 dollars to LA county. I usually get their products within 2 or 3 days.

I don't usually buy anything unless its on sale, but these bags are extremely nice at that sale price. They aren't Eagle quality but they aren't Eagle prices either.

I'm not loyal to any one retailer, and trust me, when it comes for me to drop cash, I'm as cheap as they come....lol.

Scratch705
01-25-2012, 9:59 PM
shipping to me is only just under $17 with UPS Ground. what shipping options were u guys looking at?

weinerd
01-25-2012, 10:55 PM
$15-20 is still ridonkulous for a bag... It probably folds up and fits in a USPS flat rate medium box, 2-3 day shipping for $12 tops.

Javi
01-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Midway WILL charge you EXTRA shipping for out of stock items. I stopped ordering from Midway along time ago. Brownells is the way to go.

Yes, I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't hold my 'in stock' items with the back order and just lump them together to save on shipping. I was charged $15 for the cheapest option when my OD compact bag came back in stock 2 weeks ago. Love my compact a lot, though. Much more appropriate for a solo shooter like myself compared to the regular bag.

vintagearms
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I ordered a sniper drag bag from them. Standard shipping was 16 and 2nd day air was $106 !!! Nope.

astroboy
01-26-2012, 3:05 AM
I never made any purchase from them
due to their shipping charges.

Bobby Ricigliano
01-26-2012, 3:39 AM
This is a great range bag and I love mine. However I would not pay $30 for shipping on an item that weighs about 2 lbs.

Steve1968LS2
01-26-2012, 8:09 AM
Somehow priority mail is $56.65 to San Diego??
UPS next day $198.68??

what the hell midway

It's $17 ground to Orange County.. Which I still find excessive, but if you figure no sales tax then it isn't so bad.

I hate companies that turn S&H into a profit center.. It's like paying 9$ to park at Disneyland so you can spend $60 to get in the park.. lol

BajaJames83
01-26-2012, 8:09 AM
just orderd mine, shipping was $16 pretty high, but this bag should be worth it!

X231
01-26-2012, 8:38 AM
$40 for the bag and $20 to ship it? I think not. Too bad, nice bag.

esweeney
01-26-2012, 8:57 AM
I''m in the same boat. $19.69 for UPS shipping. $25.26 for USPS.

Ub3rDorK
01-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I got one for xmas. Its amazing. It fits.everything plus some.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

wisefire
01-26-2012, 4:16 PM
16.72 is the cheapest shipping for me, but that still way to much for a bag.
$56.65 for USPS Priority Mail is just ridiculous, is it 15 for shipping and 41.65 for handling?

huynh408
01-26-2012, 5:38 PM
27 dollars for 2 range bags. thats just ridiculous i bet if it was regular price shipping would be cheaper

Cali-Glock
01-26-2012, 7:14 PM
As I recall the shipping weight is something like 13 or 14 pounds. Shipping was quite expensive to Nor-Cal, but it was worth every penny - I love mine!

bubbapug1
01-26-2012, 8:13 PM
The OP is trying to point out a sale, why all the crying like little girls? Is that all you look forward to when you post on line, running down something? Do you crusie the web looking for something to jump on to empower your egos??

Stop the moaning and get a life guys. If you don't like it just move on.

551 - 5 star reviews....I bought one, but that freight just may break me....I'll just shoot a little slower at the range, maybe skip the speed loader to save the extra $10.00 in ammo to cover the gap between the USPS priority medium box charge versus the UPS charge.

Man, some people.....

Steph
01-26-2012, 8:35 PM
Damn, looks like a nice bag....I just got the Gunmate range bag with removable dividers (Amazon). But if the shipping costs more than my total order of the one I just got, guess I'm not missing out that much. Should have thought to check youtube for bag reviews though, doh.

ejhc11
01-26-2012, 9:01 PM
Its weird shopping at MidwayUSA, it costs more to buy their sale items than regular price stuff because their coupons only work on regular prices....

I'm not familiar with the shooting bag but I know the MidwayUSA rifle bag for under $20 sucks. The zippers for the bag have all broken off after light use.... I had to use keychain rings for my zipper handle.

I ordered my Uncle Mike rifle bag for $24 from Dvor.com awhile back and they are waaaay better for a few bucks more.

firestone
01-27-2012, 9:50 AM
shipping :(

X231
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
The OP is trying to point out a sale, why all the crying like little girls? Is that all you look forward to when you post on line, running down something? Do you crusie the web looking for something to jump on to empower your egos??

Stop the moaning and get a life guys. If you don't like it just move on.

551 - 5 star reviews....I bought one, but that freight just may break me....I'll just shoot a little slower at the range, maybe skip the speed loader to save the extra $10.00 in ammo to cover the gap between the USPS priority medium box charge versus the UPS charge.

Man, some people.....

Like me, even the OP is a self admitted cheapskate ... "I'm not loyal to any one retailer, and trust me, when it comes for me to drop cash, I'm as cheap as they come....lol." ... I doubt his feelings were hurt by those whining about the excessive shipping charges, he probably empathizes with them.
Maybe best case scenario someone from Midway reads this and takes notice of the biz they are losing over their shipping practices. Heck, I just paid $14 for shipping on 500 rds of 9mm from Florida, so yeah, I'm a little sticker shocked at $20.23 to ship a nylon bag. I appreciate the OP posting up on this deal and like I said, I like the bag and would buy it if not for the crazy shipping. It's not that I can't afford it, it's the principle .. I'm funny like that

Bobby Ricigliano
01-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I hate expensive shipping, but this bag is bigger than you expect when you get it and it comes in a fairly large, heavy box.

FYI

AAShooter
01-29-2012, 10:51 AM
As I recall, I thought about buying multiple bags and giving some as gifts. I had hoped that I could spread the shipping costs over multiple bags but it increased proportionally. Shameful.

johnjohn301
01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I have one of these and it is a great bag. I've lost count of the number of times I've filled up a shopping cart on MidwayUSA only to get to the checkout and kill the order because shipping was so out of line.

I've e-mailed MidwayUSA several times, over no ammo sales and other smaller issues (shipping being one of them). Get the feeling Mr. Potterfield is just not going to be bothered with California. His business, his decision, his right... but it's too bad. I'd have a lot more business for them if I felt like he wasn't punishing the firearms community for the crappy mess that the gun laws are here in Cali.

707electrician
01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
I hate companies that turn S&H into a profit center..

This. With the volume of shipping these big companies like midway do, I'm sure they get deep discounts on shipping.

My range bag was $18 to ship

reggie 00
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
I just did a reverse shipping.
I think its UPS not Midway.

to send a package to Midway from my house is like $14, to get the bag from Midway is $16.

I get alot of stuff from them, and have never had a problem. I never noticed the shipping thing as I seem to order alot of thing at once. I also did that a min ago and as i added things that were not overly large my shipping went up by a very small amout.

Love them or Hate them,
I have had nothing but great experiances. with shipping things fast (shotgun parts got here last week in under 3days normal shipping) and fast replacemnets for damaged things ( big fat tourqe wrench case was damaged in shipping by UPS, they just shipped out another no questions asked, after a short how do i get a return goods request email. was waiting on that form when the new case showed up).

97F1504RAD
01-29-2012, 12:19 PM
shipping to me is only just under $17 with UPS Ground. what shipping options were u guys looking at?

Yep i get the same cost when going through the checkout. 16.72 to be exact for UPS Ground.

By the way guys you need to remember that shipping costs also include the cost of the packaging itself. They have to buy the boxes and or any stuffing material they use in them so the cost also includes those items. Boxes are not cheap that's for sure.

Jameswma
02-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep i get the same cost when going through the checkout. 16.72 to be exact for UPS Ground.

By the way guys you need to remember that shipping costs also include the cost of the packaging itself. They have to buy the boxes and or any stuffing material they use in them so the cost also includes those items. Boxes are not cheap that's for sure.

my bag just came today.

These range bags have already been packaged in China, all they would have to do is slap on a shipping label. The boxes are very soft and weak (not saying it needs to be strong to protect the bag), the packaging only includes two pieces of thin card stock to protect the top and bottom, and a plastic bag. The cheap labor cost in China to package does not warrant the $17 charge.

As for others who have tried to reduce the cost of shipping per bag by buying two bags, only to find that the shipping rate doubles is probably because they will ship the bags out separately. Their archaic method of calculating shipping baffles me.

joefreas
02-03-2012, 5:49 PM
I just ordered one. $54 delivered with round up. I was holding out on buying a new range bag until i won a match. I now have a nice pin to put on it when it arrives.

Surf & Turf
02-03-2012, 6:12 PM
I needed the bag yesterday and so went with the lo.....looooooooooooow ....OVERNIGHT delivery rate of $259 ...

NOT!

gant
02-03-2012, 6:14 PM
let this thread die, screw this company trying to give out "good deals" while making the rest up in shipping

you know you could use a flat rate box and stuff it in there

ColdDeadHands1
02-05-2012, 2:17 AM
let this thread die, screw this company trying to give out "good deals" while making the rest up in shipping

you know you could use a flat rate box and stuff it in there

Midway has done a LOT for gun owners nationwide. In fact, they were a major factor in the ammo ban bill not passing last year. I think they have given $6 or $7 million to the NRA. I would not say so quickly "Screw this company". Fact is, this is a big ***** bag. I just checked and shipping is $20. All in all, $60 for this sweet bag to your doorstep isn't so bad.

Norcal Industries
02-05-2012, 3:05 AM
Midway has done a LOT for gun owners nationwide. In fact, they were a major factor in the ammo ban bill not passing last year. I think they have given $6 or $7 million to the NRA. I would not say so quickly "Screw this company". Fact is, this is a big ***** bag. I just checked and shipping is $20. All in all, $60 for this sweet bag to your doorstep isn't so bad.

+1, i have 2 just in case. excellent bag for $100, let alone $54 shipped.

prc104
02-05-2012, 4:54 AM
The 5.11 range bag which is identical to the Midway one starts at around $100 + shipping when you can find a deal on them.

So Midway is actually a fair deal even with shipping.

Of course it doesn't have the high speed 5.11 on the side though :chris:

X231
02-05-2012, 7:57 AM
I may have to just bite the bullet on this one and order it. I do like the bag alot, but $20.63 shipping for a bag just tightens my jaws .. If it was priced at $50 with $10 S&H I would have already bought it.

ColdDeadHands1
02-05-2012, 9:57 AM
Order other stuff with the bag. I bet the shipping doesn't go up as much. This might make everyone feel better about the whole shipping cost.

akjunkie
02-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I have the Midway range bags. Compared to my Tac Force they are subpar. Material is soft and tearing already after 6 range trips. To bad Tac Force went out of business. They made nice stuff.

AAShooter
02-05-2012, 3:42 PM
Order other stuff with the bag. I bet the shipping doesn't go up as much. This might make everyone feel better about the whole shipping cost.

Nope, they seem to stack shipping. Order two bags, pay 2X shipping.

ColdDeadHands1
02-05-2012, 3:55 PM
I meant other stuff, not another bag! Maybe they will put the other stuff in the bag.

Jameswma
02-06-2012, 7:45 AM
I meant other stuff, not another bag! Maybe they will put the other stuff in the bag.

Yeah, I ordered little things and the shipping rate stayed the same.

454-shooter
02-06-2012, 7:53 AM
I just ordered the range bag and some ammo. For the bag and 120 rds of 30-06 shipping was 22.66. I don't consider that price excessive.

joefreas
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
This is why shipping is so expensive:

Very nice bags though. Small one on the left and large on the right.

I was surprised to find another small bag inside the large one.

It even had a brass pouch.

cali-man
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Yup these bags will not fit in any USPS flat rate box. $16 to ship to me and it is a nice bag. I should have ordered two. I figure $16 is what I pay for two beers with tip at the bar anyways.

tonyxcom
02-09-2012, 1:48 PM
I have both bags as well. My large bag, less than 4-5 months old and the velcro that holds the top on when not zipped is half way off. But other than that its decent bag made even better by the price.

bubbapug1
02-11-2012, 2:31 AM
Mine showed up...its a nice bag and well worth the price to help keep u organized.

Petro
02-11-2012, 8:22 AM
Nice nice nice. Got my bag yesterday and it has more pockets then I think I can fill. Just kidding. 16 dollars shipping but totally worth it. Get this bag! Well worth the money.

smwann
02-28-2012, 2:56 PM
thanks for the post OP. I still agree with the "complainers" though. I have killed multiple carts do to shipping costs also. I do not understand how Midway doesnt see $$$$ flying out the window with feedback like this. Bottom line is Midway is a great company, carries every product, supports our 2nd ammendment, but their shipping is crazy. I am a customer but am shy to "pull the trigger" on ordering from them because of this.

Their shooting mats are awesome too (when they are 50% off).

ColdDeadHands1
02-28-2012, 3:24 PM
You guys are nuts. I just ordered the big range bag, a rifle case, ear muffs, several small parts and a box of ammo. Shipping was $21. I think this is a great deal. the box all of this came in was about 20" square, at least.

ColdDeadHands1
02-28-2012, 3:24 PM
You guys are nuts. I just ordered the big range bag, a rifle case, ear muffs, several small parts and a box of ammo. Shipping was $21. I think this is a great deal. the box all of this came in was about 20" square, at least.

mievil
02-28-2012, 7:28 PM
Got the small range bag delivered yesterday with a pair of muffs, 200 rds of .22lr, two pistol pouches, 40 rounds of misc hollowpoint, and a Handall. Shipping for the lot was $16.91. Great bag. I really wanted the competition bag but it was just too darn big by the reviews for me to go for it. Small bag was perfectly sized for me so I don't need to bring my ammo can and my backpack to the range anymore. It all fits in the bag. Good buy! Thanks to the OP for the heads up. Of course I dropped almost $160 just to get the $29 dollar range bag. haha

Dirtbikindad393
02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Just bought a range bag and other goodies. Just an FYI I read the sale ends 02/29/12 end of business day.

Shooters Sight
02-28-2012, 11:17 PM
I just ordered one in black. Come to think of it $39 + $16 shipping is not that bad.
Turners is having a sale on their range bags for $49.98 + Tax. It's a smaller bag and it doesn't come with the extras that you get at Midway.

You can also think about it this way... If you buy in a store that charges you tax, you're supporting the people who are making the gun laws. If you buy at Midway, No tax but high shipping that they use to donate to NRA that supports the gun owners, that's you and me. Just my $0.02 cents. Carry on...

X231
02-29-2012, 8:15 AM
I think something is funny with the shipping on that range bag. I am extremely curious to see if the shipping gets cheaper after the "sale".

Yesterday I ordered a Lee turret press kit, 2 sets of dies and a bullet puller. Shipping on the order was $33. Just for fun I added the "on sale" range bag to my order. Guess what, the shipping increased $21 just like if I ordered the bag seperately! I also ordered 65lbs of ammo from another site and the shipping was $28. Go figure.

Dirtbikindad393
02-29-2012, 1:10 PM
I added a bunch of stuff to my order and my shipping was 15.31.

monkeylice
02-29-2012, 5:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Got in just before the sale ends tonight. Competition bag, 500rds of 22lr, 40rds of 7.62x54r, and the shipping was less than $21. At one point I had about 8 boxes of .45 in the cart as well, and the shipping was only a couple of bucks more. People complaining about shipping should stop thinking about the bag as being $40 off with $20 shipping, but $20 off with nearly free shipping for everything else in the order, plus no taxes!

johnjohn301
02-29-2012, 8:50 PM
Everyone seems to need to justify the shipping on this. If it works for you, that's great! It's a really nice bag - I have one. But, as many others have commented - the shipping from Midway USA is "suspect" at best. If you still find the value in the price + shipping that works for you - that's a good thing and you have every right to be happy about your "deal" on this item. But - just think how much happier you'd be if you got this bag on sale and shipping was more in line with what folks pay for like items from other vendors. Just say'n...
Personally - If whining will make Mr Potterfield take a second look at this... whine loud and often!

Irish Gunner
03-01-2012, 9:50 AM
I just got one last week. It has so much room in it, I am trying to figure out what goodies to get next....

I didn't feel that shipping was outrageous given the size of the box. (***** at UPS who calculate rate on box size if under a certain weight, not Midway for that). I also got two magazines for my 9mm in the mix as well and no extra shipping charges. One is being returned b/c it wouldn't eject from magwell w/o two hands, but Midway customer service is not an issue.

BTW, If you don't round up your purchase to support NRA and whine about shipping then I guess you're just selfish and self-centered.

Brandon04GT
03-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I ordered one of the compact bags last week with about 7 other small items (cleaning patches, jag) and shipping came to about $15-16. When it arrived it was in a huge box with the range bag inside of it in a sepatete box. They including a ton of those air cushioning inside the main box to fill up all the empty space. They could have saved a lot of money (for me too) if they were able to just throw all the other stuff I ordered into the range bag and shipped everything in it's box.

X231
03-01-2012, 1:01 PM
They raised the price $5 but they are still "on sale" .. shipping is still crazy .. $20.xx

MyNamesMeToo
03-01-2012, 3:08 PM
I ordered one a few weeks ago. Already made a trip to the range with it. It is huge. Fit everything I needed (3 guns, 4 mags, 4 speed loaders, 400 rounds) and a bunch of stuff I had just in case (multitool, pens, markers, tape, cleaning kit, lens cleaner) and still had plenty of space to spare. Only think I wish they could improve/ change are the gun pouches. I don't like how they can not be locked (for transport). I went with NC Star Range Bag Inserts, they did the job.

Shipping is reasonable when you see the package. I bundled in some guns socks and some mags to make it a little more bearable. My mags and gun socks were put into the Range Bag box.

mievil
03-02-2012, 5:54 PM
Everyone seems to need to justify the shipping on this. If it works for you, that's great! It's a really nice bag - I have one. But, as many others have commented - the shipping from Midway USA is "suspect" at best. If you still find the value in the price + shipping that works for you - that's a good thing and you have every right to be happy about your "deal" on this item. But - just think how much happier you'd be if you got this bag on sale and shipping was more in line with what folks pay for like items from other vendors. Just say'n...
Personally - If whining will make Mr Potterfield take a second look at this... whine loud and often!

I figure you can't look at the shipping cost, you need to look at the overall price. There wasn't a single bag I could find that was comparable in size and price to this INCLUDING shipping. Closest ones were $60 not including shipping. And if you can get $5 shipping on a $60 bag, great. But you are still $10 higher than the overall cost of the Midway bag. High shipping costs or not, it is still the best value considering overall cost.

rchow17
03-05-2012, 4:21 PM
I just got mines in the mail today. It's a really nice bag and there is more than enough room for everything I bring with me to the range. The only problem was that it was missing one of the removable pistol pouches. Shipping is worth it. It doesn't come shipped folded up and smashed in a box so for $57 this bag is a deal to me.

monkeylice
03-05-2012, 5:35 PM
Got mine today also. Seems like a sturdy bag, and it will definitely carry everything I carry in my current range bags.