PDA

View Full Version : ? for Latigo regarding Type P/S Diopter Sights

Blitzburgh
01-25-2012, 1:55 PM
Latigo,

I've been drooling over your new product addition of the Type P/S Diopter sight for the K31 Rifle.

But being a newbie to this type of sight (never had one before) I just want to ask a question. Your website states:

Type P/S Diopter:
Presenting the Flagship of the Swiss Products line... The new Type P/S (steel) Diopter. This Diopter is calibrated to range from 75 yards to 1,000 yards, is made of steel and is Eye Relief Adjustable. No rail changes are necssary. The Type P/S will accept both Anschutz and Gehmann Irises.

http://www.swissproductsllc.com/

Does this mean I have to purchase the Irises seperately? And if so, what exactly do you recommend?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the previous information that you've posted that I've been soaking up with great pleasure!

Latigo
01-25-2012, 2:00 PM
Nope. The P/S comes with Iris, Diopter and front Sight Tunnel with aperature. Yours will copme with either and Anschutz or a Gehmann Iris. Both are the best there are. Its the one thing in our entire line we don't manufacture. Nobody in the US makes an Iris and when we checked into tooling and startup we were looking at $100,000.00 to get a line up and running. Maybe someday, but not with the economy the way it is now.

Its complete and all you have to do is follow the enclosed instructions on zeroing it. Its good from 75 to 1,100 yards.

Blitzburgh
01-25-2012, 2:12 PM
Awesome!

I'll be getting a set of these and a few other goodies you guys make in the very short future. My case of the Swiss flu just keeps getting worse and worse... seems to be no end in site for me!

Thanks again! It's very much appreciated!

Question: Could I come work for you guys, marry your Sister, and live happily ever after? I know it's a long shot but I'd work real hard and be real good to your Sister! Promise! (beating SKSer45 to the punch on this question).

But really... THANKS!!

:)

SKSer45
01-25-2012, 2:22 PM
Awesome!

I'll be getting a set of these and a few other goodies you guys make in the very short future. My case of the Swiss flu just keeps getting worse and worse... seems to be no end in site for me!

Thanks again! It's very much appreciated!

Question: Could I come work for you guys, marry your Sister, and live happily ever after? I know it's a long shot but I'd work real hard and be real good to your Sister! Promise! (beating SKSer45 to the punch on this question).

But really... THANKS!!

:)

NOOOO!!! you did :( but my fellow kameraden blitz if you didn't notice Latigo's Sister had a big fat rock on her finer :( Yes my young eagle eyes are still working hehe.

Latigo
01-25-2012, 2:39 PM
Yep. A big fat rock and a 6' 4" husband. Also a k31 shooter, but where she is concerned, she's truly a maneater. She may not look like much at 135 pounds, but she has a rep within our circles for actively confronting chauvenists wherever she find them , and mostly in retail stores and often in (shudder) gun stores.

Take a minute and read this little blurb about her from my Dad's Lost Prairie Chronicles. All tru stories of the family growing up in Lost Prairie. This is my sister:

The Lost Prairie Chronicles

Vignette #1

The center of my heart, but she definitely has a temper. Takes after her redheaded Mother.
She's been known (disturbingly often) to stop a show if someone in the audience is messing with her or the music. She loves playing, singing, the lights, the audience and just plain being on stage. Her body movements are somehow disjointed from the tempo, but the drummer can depend on her to be sitting right in the slot. She's a drummer's bassist. No running around the neck like a lead guitar, no 5 sting, no 6 string....... a solid 4 string that never surges in timing. She sits right in the groove with a dependable, solid bass line.

Its Friday night at the KB in Kalispell and the band is just into the second set when 3 cowboys walk in, and they've been hitting it pretty hard. The Latigo Band does a few country pieces, but they're typically classic rock with a little hardrock mixed in. Mostly Clapton, Beatles, Hendrix, Clearwater, CSNY, Petty, Aerosmith, even Blondie and Carly Simon among a raft of others.

The band has a following in town, mostly people in their late 20s to 40s, and its mostly because the band has the unique ability to emulate the sound of the originals.... but it ain't no cowboy music, hombre.

Latigo and Rosemary have never played with those their own ages. Their abilities have always had them with a drummer and second guitar that were experienced adults, and this was the case that night with the original band. So the stage is set. Its the middle of her vocal, and I remember the piece being Claptons "Bad Love". .... and from the cowboys' table the comments start. A "What the hell are you singin' about?"...... and the bass stops, the drums stop, both guitars stop and I'm thinking ....oh crap! I'm about to get stomped by three rather large cowboys.
Mondo puts down his drumsticks, George sets his guitar on the stage stand, Lat is looking at the floor with resignation all over his face and I stand up from behind the console mid-way back in the club.

"Hey! You three jerks!" ( oh crap. here we go) "We play rock! If you don't like it either shut up or go find a cowboy skank bar to crawl into!" (here it comes) Utter astonishment as they look at her, say something to each other and stand up, apologize and quietly leave!

The bullets I'd been sweating fall to the floor with an audible clunk. That's how it goes when you're on another gig with Rosemary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I added these photos.*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rosemary in the Control Room. Don't let the smile fool you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/controlroom2.jpg

The original Latigo Band
L to R, Mondo Mike Piazza, now deceased, Rosemary, George McGuire, now deceased and me, still alive, more or less

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/george7.jpg

Me onstage at The Great Northern, age 11.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/latonstage-2.jpg

And onstage with Coco Montoya of the John Mayall Band.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/CocoMontoyaGig2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/CocoMontoyaGig.jpg

SKSer45
01-25-2012, 2:45 PM
Lol see! My spider senses are still working :)

but as for my future daughter...just the right place to go lol. That way daddy won't have to be sitting on the porch with my k31 swiss at 10 o clock waiting for my daughter to get home if She was trained by the Latigo way :) har har

Latigo
01-25-2012, 2:51 PM
:D Actually she was trained the Dad way. She carries all the time and is good at what she does. Self defense practice is taken seriously in this family. Th family home is in the mountains 40 miles out of town. Dad taught all of us well and we both practice and appreciate it all. No spoiled kids here.