View Full Version : Gun Shows and a Tokarev question

01-25-2012, 1:03 AM
So I didn't want to double post, so I have two questions. First are there any gun shows coming up in the sacramento are. And second I'm in the market for a Tokarev TT I'd really like a Soviet built one but I know they're really hard to come by, so I'm looking at a Romanian Tok. I'm really eager to get my hands on one. I know a little bit about them, but not a ton, what kind of things should I know, other than that's it kind of a hand cannon?

01-25-2012, 1:09 AM

I don't own one, like you, I would like one. I own 3 cz52's, shoots the same ammo. I like them a lot.

01-25-2012, 1:30 AM
I have a Romanian TT33, great pistol. Shoots like a champ. I removed and filled the extra cheesy looking safety they added for importation(?) and added some nice wood grips. One of my favorites to shoot.

The bad is surplus ammo used to be cheap, now 7.62x25 surplus is getting harder to find, so ammo isn't cheap anymore. I bought some 7.62x25 dies and started hand loading that caliber, but brass is hard to come by. I stopped shooting it as much because of that reason, but when I get a good quality brass catcher, I'll start taking it to the range more often.

01-25-2012, 5:22 AM
This is a copy of what I posted in your other thread:
"I have Russian, Romanian, and Polish Tokarevs as well as their brother the Yugo M57. They are all great shooters but I like the Russian best. Made in 1937 it's in pretty good shape. I figure it went through the war in some REMF's holster.

The Russian is also the only one without an added safety or import marks -- it's the one I enjoy shooting the most.

Buy whatever you find, they all shoot well.

Ammo ... that's another story these days. When you find some at a decent price buy a bunch because you'll want to shoot."

Now, when they combine your threads I'll have a double post!

01-25-2012, 5:42 AM
You have your 03, right? Order what you want and have it delivered to an FFL in Reno. Even with the gas money you will probably come out ahead that what one would cost at a Gun show, plus admission, plus parking, and no 10 day wait.

If you really want the gun show experience, you can alwys stop at 7-11 to pick up some beef jerky. :D

Paulie Lugnuts
01-25-2012, 7:31 AM
The closest gun show coming up is Vallejo, Feb. 11-12.
We just picked up a Romanian Tokarev at J+G Monday on our way back from Little Rock. We'll be getting it out to the range this weekend if you want to join us and try it out. :62:

01-25-2012, 7:42 AM
I've got a romanian and two magazines I could sell you for 200+shipping.

01-25-2012, 8:36 AM
FWIW... the polish ones arent that much more expensive than the romanian ones ... and they are a lot nicer in my humble opinion. J&G sales has them in stock now.

+1 on using your 03 and shipping one to reno

01-25-2012, 4:15 PM
I just turned 21 so I don't currently have anything, I'm working on my c&r though. With the job I have now buying guns is yet again in my grasp so I'm making my lists and checking them twice.