View Full Version : Anyone into bikes?? Got an old bike you wanna trade for some gun stuff?
03-21-2007, 1:01 PM
Im looking for a cheap mode of transportation. I want to get an older running street bike. I'm a Yamaha guy so I've been looking for an XS650 in decent running condition... I don't care what the paint looks like, I dont care if it needs upholstery, etc. I can fix electrical demons. Im mostly concerned with a running engine with a good trans and all the major parts in place.
Yamaha XS650...this one is much cleaner than what I have in mind, but its an example.
Ive been thinking of maybe trading a rifle or other stuff for a street bike... Do any of you guys have an older running bike kicking around that you don't use??
I want a 650-1000cc, sit-up style bike, preferably a twin... I'd like to do this kinda thing with it as time goes on:
XS650 street tracker
03-21-2007, 1:27 PM
Old project EX500 sitting in the garage, not running needs LOTS of work. What are you thinking of trading?
It won't take much, I need room in the garage for another bench ;)
03-21-2007, 2:02 PM
03-21-2007, 2:06 PM
Oops disregard that last post. My buddy sold his bike last weekend.
03-21-2007, 2:49 PM
I have an 05 EX500 that I'm looking to sell so I can upgrade...They told me 30 days for the title, that means I should have title in hand middle of next week at the latest. Getting a little impatient about that let me tell you.
I know it's not a beater but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway just in case. :)
And hey, you're even basically local to me!
I will be listing it locally, on base where I work, and online here and probably at a couple of other forums. If people are interested feel free to shoot me offers, but keep in mind I won't have the title for approximately a month.
I am SHOOTING for $3K but will entertain all reasonable offers.
* Currently 1500mi
* Stock Exhaust (already sold Sarachus)
* Dremeled rear fender
* Lockhart Philips Speedscreen, dark smoke (will include stock windscreen if you want it)
* Hudson Valley Motosports Stainless Steel Heavyweight Bar-ends (GREAT reduction in vibration)
* Lower fairing (Black) from an 06 EX500R (making the bike black tip to tail)
* Pirelli Sport Demons, stock size in front, 140 in rear (recently re-seated and holding pressure beautifully I might add - no loss in pressure in over 1 month)
* All decals removed save for the tank decals which are covered with black automotive vinyl (can easily be removed)
* Passenger pegs and helmet locks removed, parts should be included though (I am 99% sure I know where they are :) )
* EMGO Stock-style mirrors (I originally switched to EMGO ZX-6 mirrors - they stick out further - but both were either broken off by jerks or by the weight of the cover - since I could not find my original mirrors I went with the EMGOs - they are just like stock though, metal arms and all)
Never dropped, no accidents, etc.
Kept OUTSIDE under cover - cover will not be included as it's damaged from the wind and front fender and will just be thrown in the garbage
And I will even throw in a brand new pair of Nelson-Rigg Silverstreak mini-sport saddlebags, never used.
***** PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an official for-sale post. I put the above information just so people could express interest if they happen across my thread here. I will post a REAL for-sale thread in the for-sale forum when I receive my title. *****
03-21-2007, 3:10 PM
Thread moved to non-firearms-related-sales. Makes more sense than "general gun discussion"... :)
03-21-2007, 3:42 PM
I have a 04 R6 for sale :D Get you there REAL quick. Plus, it gets 40mpg.
03-21-2007, 3:52 PM
I have one, it's not a Yamaha, but alas, still a twin. And pretty.
It'd be hard to part with, unless you have some interesting Freedom Arms hand cannons...
03-21-2007, 4:04 PM
Not for sale though :D but I do build em' i'll see if I can find a XS for you, they are great bikes. I think I should be able to find one for $500 or so, possibly an XS400. I'll see what I can come up with.
03-21-2007, 4:33 PM
Jay why would you want something like that with your back ?
Are you suicidal ?
03-21-2007, 7:03 PM
I have an XS650, its been taken apart. I was working on a rat bike version:D Its non-op status with the DMV and I have a bunch of new parts and new tires for it. I just dont have the free time that I had in my younger days. Between tires parts and bringing reg up to date I'm in for about $350 I'd let it go for cheap;)
03-22-2007, 6:13 PM
Thats a sweet tank psssniper, is that a 1980 heritige special?
03-23-2007, 8:05 AM
yup heritage special.
Next step is parting it out on ebay I guess
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.