PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 conversion

Ricky808maui
01-23-2012, 8:28 PM
I picked up my S12 thru you guys a few months back... I have all the parts for the conversion i was wondering if u guys offer saiga 12 conversions or if u kno anywhere close i could go to get the conversion done... and if so how much do u think it would cost.. thank you

hefedehefe
01-23-2012, 8:39 PM
Where is close?

Ricky808maui
01-23-2012, 8:56 PM
im in huntington beach so anywhere in OC should be great i found a spot in san diego that offer conversions but thats a little far

hefedehefe
01-23-2012, 9:29 PM
I just ordered my parts too. I'm gonna try doing it myself. You should come to the next calguns shoot at on target. The people that go there could help you out

MikeEM1
01-24-2012, 9:27 AM
Do it yourself and get a buddy to help. Know your gun inside and out. It's really not that hard. There's a lot less pieces than an AR. I converted one of my Saiga's with a help from a friend. Once you're done, you'll realize it's pretty simple, but if you don't have the right tools, then I could see why you would want to get it done by someone else.

hefedehefe
01-24-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm going to try :56::sweatdrop:

shark92651
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I have done a couple myself but it's not something we really have the time or inclination to do for customers. There are some good videos on carolinashooterssupply website that walk you through the process. It's really not that hard, just time consuming.

Ricky808maui
01-24-2012, 3:19 PM
I would love to do it myself..... Watched all the videos on Carolina shooters supply that's where I got the parts..... I just don't have any tools or know anyone to help......that's why I'm here...... I've been to the meets at on target super fun but I won't be able to make it to the nxt one kinda outta the country till the 17th on feb.....

Ricky808maui
01-24-2012, 3:33 PM
Hope it's as easy as building an AR.... All I need is the correct drill bit and dremel to cut the tang correct..... I also seen on the video that u need to repaint the finish but I'm not too sure

vintagedude88
01-26-2012, 6:50 PM
A drill or a Dremel with good tungsten carbide bits will make quick work of the job.

Do yourself a favor and get a DIY trigger guard to avoid having to cut a square PG nut hole. The only other hard part is putting back together the BHO.

PM sent.