PDA

View Full Version : Free Brand New 8" Tactical Cordura boots for Field Test!

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
*EDIT: This offer has received an overwhelming amount of attention, I'm terribly sorry for those that missed out, but I must stop this deal now. Thanks for those who pm'd me, I appreciate all the interests!

Hello fellow Calgunners,

I'm offering a pair of brand new boots. Our 8" cordura boots come in regular and waterproof (membrane).

This is the condition for the free boots and I'm sure you will find this reasonable.

1) Must come to warehouse in Azusa to try on so we can give you the right size

2) Field test them by going on shoots, running around, etc and provide me honest and insightful feedback on the fit, comfort, and durability of the boots.

3) Submit a photo (prefer an "action" shot) with you doing a shoot outdoors or something attractive to publish on our website under our new Testimonials section.

A basic background on our company, my grandfather started making boots over 60+ years ago. My family owns one of (if not) the largest Goodyear welt manufacturers in the world today. Brands that come out of our factory are Wolverine, Timberland, Bates, 5.11, Keen, Dr. Martens, and many more.

Our US brand is undergoing a restructuring so we are just starting up again. Although we mainly specialize in work boots, our tactical boot has been purchased by LEO's in the local area as well as Fire Departments.

If interested, please pm me to schedule an appointment to come to our warehouse.

The boot is pictured here:

http://www.roadmateshoes.com/shop/gs837-8-cordura-tactical-boot.html

Our new Testimonials page:

http://www.roadmateshoes.com/category/blog/testimonials/

Thanks!

-Ray

tradecraft
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Great offer for you socal guys.

BigMak911
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
PM Sent! Great opportunity!

socalbowhunter
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Any chance you're going to be making wide sizes? I have the hardest time finding work/hunting/tactical boots that will fit me comfortably. I'm a 9.5 2E or 4E, depending on the brand.

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Great offer for you socal guys.

Thanks Scott!

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
PM Sent! Great opportunity!

Replied back!

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Any chance you're going to be making wide sizes? I have the hardest time finding work/hunting/tactical boots that will fit me comfortably. I'm a 9.5 2E or 4E, depending on the brand.

YES! We are currently developing wide widths now. This is something I feel is in great demand and not a lot of company's offer wide widths.

I hope to have the wide widths here by Summer. You are more than welcomed to contact me and come in to try them on when they arrive :)

-Ray

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Edit: I'm sorry, this offer is getting an overwhelming amount of pm's and people wanting to bring their friends. This offer is on hold or may be over.

At this rate I'm giving away 10 pairs / minute. LOL

Sorry, but I'm going to have to put this thread on hold as I have someone coming today and a few tomorrow and a few that have not scheduled appt with me yet.

I originally didn't think that many people would contact me and I thought giving one pair is no big deal :P but I'm going to honor this to everyone who has already contacted me.

Thanks for all those who contacted me! I can't wait to see the photo and hear the feedback!

-Ray

socalbowhunter
01-23-2012, 2:43 PM
YES! We are currently developing wide widths now. This is something I feel is in great demand and not a lot of company's offer wide widths.

I hope to have the wide widths here by Summer. You are more than welcomed to contact me and come in to try them on when they arrive :)

-Ray

Ray,
Yeah, since you are local, I would love to come down and try them. Please post a thread when you do get them, as I would love to buy some. Especially from a local company.
Howard

Ding126
01-23-2012, 2:57 PM
Those look nice. I wish I was able to get in on this. I would put them through the paces

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 4:24 PM
Ray,
Yeah, since you are local, I would love to come down and try them. Please post a thread when you do get them, as I would love to buy some. Especially from a local company.
Howard

Hey Howard, thanks for the suggestion and positive words. We are a humble family owned business. Family was going to shut the company down a few years ago and then insisted I come and try to revive it. I'm not very experienced but I'm doing the best with what I've got to work with.

-Ray

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 4:37 PM
Those look nice. I wish I was able to get in on this. I would put them through the paces

Thanks for the positive words. This boot has not been updated for the last 8-10 years. I don't expect it to compete with Bates, 5.11, or Danner, but if there is potential I wish to come out with another security boot.

I have sketched some potential styles and wanted to incorporate SuperFabric® (cannot be cut and/or pentrated) an American fabric company.

http://superfabric.com/

The sketch we came up with last year...but this project was canceled due to other priorities.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/SiRay6/militaryboot2black.jpg

If this works out great and I get invaluable practical data, I'll be doing this again in the summer with a new boot coming in.

Thanks for all the support, but I have decided to stop this offer as i have received quite a few submissions already...thank you for understanding!

-Ray

adrenalinejunkie
01-23-2012, 4:55 PM
Damn i'm sorry I missed this :/ If you ever have something like this again definitely let me know i'd be more than interested. Also looks like a 1st gen R6 in your avatar? I have an 05

SiRay6
01-23-2012, 5:39 PM
Damn i'm sorry I missed this :/ If you ever have something like this again definitely let me know i'd be more than interested. Also looks like a 1st gen R6 in your avatar? I have an 05

Nice...Yea I guess my r6 was first gen...I had a 99 first then got the 02, loved the led tail lights. I had an 04 limited (regret selling), 05 r6(inverted fork, didn't like this one as much, throttle was def more twitchy than 03-04), and also an 07 R6s (basically an 03-04).

But my favorite was the 2002...had jet kit, dyno tuned, vstacks, ignition advancer, Racetech valving for forks, Eibach springs, Elka rear shocks, etc. Miss it still!

-Ray

CJfever
01-23-2012, 7:15 PM
Thanks for the positive words. This boot has not been updated for the last 8-10 years. I don't expect it to compete with Bates, 5.11, or Danner, but if there is potential I wish to come out with another security boot.

I have sketched some potential styles and wanted to incorporate SuperFabric® (cannot be cut and/or pentrated) an American fabric company.

http://superfabric.com/

The sketch we came up with last year...but this project was canceled due to other priorities.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/SiRay6/militaryboot2black.jpg

If this works out great and I get invaluable practical data, I'll be doing this again in the summer with a new boot coming in.

Thanks for all the support, but I have decided to stop this offer as i have received quite a few submissions already...thank you for understanding!

-Ray

Nice looking boots Ray. Keep up the good work!!!

adrenalinejunkie
01-23-2012, 8:36 PM
Nice...Yea I guess my r6 was first gen...I had a 99 first then got the 02, loved the led tail lights. I had an 04 limited (regret selling), 05 r6(inverted fork, didn't like this one as much, throttle was def more twitchy than 03-04), and also an 07 R6s (basically an 03-04).

But my favorite was the 2002...had jet kit, dyno tuned, vstacks, ignition advancer, Racetech valving for forks, Eibach springs, Elka rear shocks, etc. Miss it still!

-Ray

Ah nice man yeah the throttle on the 05 is definitely twitchy but i'm used to it now. The first gens are really nice though, and that 02 sounds awesome! You thinking about getting another one?

Sillyguy
01-23-2012, 8:40 PM
I would love to test out the wide widths. I am a size 12, 4E....pretty hard to find boots my size.

We have a partnership w/Lowa, but I wear Danner due to the size requirements. Maybe I can test out your wide boots when they come out.

fhwynn
01-24-2012, 9:36 PM
what's the time limit on the field test? as in.. when do we have to submit a field test for it? (if there is a deadline).

I would LOVE to get a pair for free and I would definitely submit a full review, however i do not know when i'm going to be doing a full shootout =[ (busy schedule)

SiRay6
01-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I would love to test out the wide widths. I am a size 12, 4E....pretty hard to find boots my size.

We have a partnership w/Lowa, but I wear Danner due to the size requirements. Maybe I can test out your wide boots when they come out.

Yes, definitely...I'll refer back to this thread in the summer when the wide widths should be completed to hit up those interested in wide widths.

Thank you!

-Ray

SiRay6
01-24-2012, 10:11 PM
what's the time limit on the field test? as in.. when do we have to submit a field test for it? (if there is a deadline).

I would LOVE to get a pair for free and I would definitely submit a full review, however i do not know when i'm going to be doing a full shootout =[ (busy schedule)

Hello and sorry, the offer is over as I had more than enough members who responded for this. There is no deadline, I mainly want people to just go out when they can and provide feedback and photos to me when they can.

-Ray

Scratch705
01-24-2012, 11:13 PM
i'll keep your company in mind since i may be due to buy a new pair of boots

lamduh
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
r u kidding me......u said FREE im just just mad that i didnt see this post yesterday.......

SiRay6
01-25-2012, 2:23 PM
i'll keep your company in mind since i may be due to buy a new pair of boots

Thank you! We currently only have one security type boot. We mainly specialize in functional work boots.

Let me know if you ever want to stop by :)

-Ray

SiRay6
01-25-2012, 2:25 PM
r u kidding me......u said FREE im just just mad that i didnt see this post yesterday.......

Sorry :(

May be doing something similar around May/June for a new waterproof hiking boot (5"). Keep an eye out for the words FREE again :p

-Ray

ghostwong
01-25-2012, 8:07 PM
May I be a tested for you?

Mute
01-25-2012, 8:31 PM
Just some quick feedback now. If it's light (relatively) and waterproof, I'd definitely look into a pair for myself.

macross009
01-25-2012, 9:27 PM
Hi I like to try a pair of these boots

Dirty Monkey
01-25-2012, 9:30 PM
Darn, I Would like to test out these boots. I'm Always wearing boots, no matter what.

SiRay6
02-03-2012, 1:54 PM
hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm sorry, but we have all the testers we need right now.

We currently only offer regular width, but we are developing wide widths soon. I'm also going to improve our waterproof versions also since they fit tighter than non waterproof.

Maybe once we fix the development issues with waterproof boots I'll offer this again.

Thanks for all those interested and I'm sorry that the offer is no longer available.

-Ray

Sillyguy
02-03-2012, 5:57 PM
No problem, thanks for letting people try them out...i'm sure everyone appreciates it!

when the 12 4E sized boots come out, i'd be happy to test them out! :)