PDA

View Full Version : Where to get M1 Garand extractors

vwynn
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
So im looking for an extractor on my M1 because it broke on me. not shooting but i guess just cylcing the action with a round in the chamber caused it to break.

so i found some on Ebay, gun broker, and websites.

where do you guys buy extractors? any replacement tips?

thanks!

emcon5
01-22-2012, 1:08 PM
I would get one from a place that works on them. If I needed one, I would get it here:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Garand-Parts.aspx

NRAhighpowershooter
01-22-2012, 1:49 PM
I'd get them from these 2 as they are guaranteed GI
Fulton can;t or won't guarantee them to be GI

Bill Ricca
www.billricca.com

Orion 7
www.m1garandrifle.com

TRICKSTER
01-22-2012, 1:56 PM
http://www.ammogarand.com/m1garandparts.html

NRAhighpowershooter
01-22-2012, 2:05 PM

yup!! There too!!

+1

finloq
01-22-2012, 2:33 PM
yup!! There too!!

+1

Another +1. An honest and friendly seller. He has good communication as well.

bloodhawke83
01-22-2012, 2:50 PM

Bill Ricca
www.billricca.com

Orion 7
www.m1garandrifle.com

has to be one of the worst sites I have EVER seen in my life. :oji:

Orlando
01-22-2012, 4:13 PM
Fulton is the last place I would buy parts from, the others listed are good to go

vwynn
01-22-2012, 8:57 PM
I would get one from a place that works on them. If I needed one, I would get it here:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Garand-Parts.aspx

Thanks for the link!. but due to popular demand i might have to go with someone else :( lol

Bill Ricca
www.billricca.com

Orion 7
www.m1garandrifle.com

Thanks! i actually browsed their site before posting this thread. ill look into it if other sites fail.

Thanks. I think i might go through them since everyone seems to rave about it!

spencerk
01-22-2012, 9:14 PM
also look into going to some gun shows. i saw a little clear bin labled "misc M1 garand internals" at a gunshow yesterday in sf. looked like you could make two complete actions out of what was inside of it.

vwynn
01-23-2012, 9:45 AM
ill keep that in mind. if the price is good ill deff snatch up a few. now i need some good quality enblocs since my greek ones that came with my ammo SUCK

Orlando
01-23-2012, 9:52 AM
ill keep that in mind. if the price is good ill deff snatch up a few. now i need some good quality enblocs since my greek ones that came with my ammo SUCK

What ones are you having problems with and what issues are you hauving
There arent any Greek enblocs. The ones that "some" people have issues with are SF ( French)and JMO (German) marked
Personally they all function fine in all my Garands.

emcon5
01-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Fulton is the last place I would buy parts from, the others listed are good to go

Based on.........?

Orlando
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Based on.........?

They dont tell you some parts are reproductions , and the price
They want $200.00 for a Garand bolt. I just bought USGI NOS bolts in wrap for $60.00 each
They want $200.00 for NOS Gas cylinders, I buy them for $80.00
Some people seem to like them personally I shop elsewhere

vwynn
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
What ones are you having problems with and what issues are you hauving
There arent any Greek enblocs. The ones that "some" people have issues with are SF ( French)and JMO (German) marked
Personally they all function fine in all my Garands.

my ammo came from CMP. the greek m2 ball. a can of 192 in 8 round enblocs.

Some feed some do not. The ammo itself are good. only had 1 FTF.. primer pop and popped out of the case.

so here are the problems.

- When loading the enbloc in the M1 garand it doesnt go in smoothly at all. sometimes its sticky
- enbloc sometimes tried to eject by itself sometimes after shooting a few rounds.
- sometimes it wont shoot everything. e.g. enbloc ejects when theres still one round in the clip.

i used the american enbloc that came with my M1 garand n that was flawless lol.

Orlando
01-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Alot of the Greek HXP comes on USGI enblocs. Like I said earlier, the Greeks did not manufacture enblocs

There are severla things you need to do and I would bet your problems will go away
First, completely tear down the rifle , clean and applu grease to the proper areas
Second, replace the Op Rod spring with one from Orion 7 , not Wolff
Third replace the clip latch spring

Some enblocs are not all made exactly the same, if springs are weak and parts out of spec you can have problems with those enblocs
I have shot many, many thousands of rds of Greek HXP of all different years and lot # and never had any enblocs not function properly
Differnce is all my Garands are in good working order with new springs
Give it a try

vwynn
01-23-2012, 6:53 PM
thanks for the tip brother! ill give that a try when i revive this beast.

dfletcher
01-23-2012, 8:35 PM
My SA Armory M1A (same part) came with an extractor that didn't work on day one. I bought a PB manufacture one and it's worked perfectly. Paid about $10.00 and the difference in quality of manufacture between it and the SA made one is night & day.